[Mk2] [NA] New central locking problems

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Kiefer

[Mk2] [NA] New central locking problems

Post by Kiefer »

98 sw20, so since the temperatures have plummeted my 2 has decided to start acting up more so, the headlights won't go down, the central locking from the fob will activate the alarm and immobiliser - indicators flash as well to show its locked but the door locks won't work, I can lock by key and iv locked and unlocked a few times with the key to free them up in a sense but still no joy. Hopefully it's something small but I'm not really sure where to start looking,

any advice at all?
Kiefer

Re: [Mk2] [NA] New central locking problems

Post by Kiefer »

any ideas? still wont lock the doors ](*,)
abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

Checked all the fuses in the internal fuse box. One of them is No.6 20A fuse for door.

Also when sat in the car does the lock/unlock button work?
When you use the key in the drivers side does it unlock the passenger side?

It could be as simple as the motor on the drivers side is fubar or the lock mechanism is frozen.

One thing you can do is whip off the door card and put a voltmeter on the motor +ve and earth and then use the blipper to see if it is getting 12v. If it is then the motor is duff or the lock is too stiff for the motor to overcome.
Kiefer

Post by Kiefer »

Sorry for the late response, I didn't get a notification! Will be undertaking all of the above this weekend so shall update, thanks for the suggestions!

Return to “Electrical”