Good to be back

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

EarL

Good to be back

Post by EarL »

Well, it's been a while, but as I'm now on the hunt for a new MR2, I thought I would take the chance to re-introduce myself.

I've been a member of IMOC for more years than I care to remember. Have owned 4 MR2's

MkI NA

MkI Supercharger

MkII 3VZ V6

And, a little red number that turned from this...

Into this...

The money pit that was, The Red Beast.

Well, It's time for me to return to the fold and I'm on the hunt for nothing as taxing as the Beast, no, this time I'm looking for a really nice, clean MkII, Rev 3 or 4 (or 5 at a push) NA as near to stock as I can get. Preferably in Red, but Caribean Blue, or Goodwood Green.

I'm away for the next couple of weeks, but I'm looking to buy when I get back, so if you have something tidy, drop me a line!

Thanks,

EarL
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
craig

Re: Good to be back

Post by craig »

Welcome back mate! :D
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

welcome back.

v6-ing again maybe if looking for an NA?
EarL

Post by EarL »

Hi guys!

Glad to see some of the old school are still about (or alive and kicking in my case :D)

Yeah, I'm sticking with an NA this time. I want something as close to stock as I can find, but it has to be either a MkII Rev 3, 4 or 5.

I've seen a few, but nothing that really screams "BUY ME!" yet.

I'm sticking with 2 litre Jim. As much as I'd really love to go supercharged 2GR, finances ain't what they used to be. :lol: This is going to be my toy, to use on sunny days. It'll be up on blocks in the winter and only see the light of day when it's dry. Hmm... Maybe I should re-think that, living in the UK :-k

Anyhoo, it's great to be back chaps. Here's to a very exciting 2016!!

EarL
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Welcome back Earl, looking forward to seeing what you end up buying :wink:
EarL

Post by EarL »

Martin F wrote:Welcome back Earl, looking forward to seeing what you end up buying :wink:

Thanks Martin!

Put it this way... It won't be anywhere near as time consuming or expensive to run and maintain as the Beast was. :lol:

I intend spending a lot of time, cleaning and restoring. Not pouring gallons of fuel down it's throat! :wink:

EarL

Return to “Member Profiles”