www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Question for the V6 boys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 Engine Swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gullzter
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 36

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes Yes Yes [Shocked]

Stunning car mate [thumleft]
gavsdavs

Feedback Score: 2

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MRV6 wrote:
I'm hoping to get the latest map through soon, needs some work on the drive-ability. Then I'll find a rolling road, the problem is the rolling road I used before are not in business any more. Would have been nice to get a comparison.

What I hope you get is a 2gr but with an ECU that can take advantage of the better intake and exhaust you have. The stock ECU does the job but it's still a sienna map [Sad]
Must be an absolute missile [Smile]
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Moved to its new home in the forum... [Wink]
Angpozzuto
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi guys I'm looking to get a 1mz vvti fitted to my Rev 3 this winter does anyone know if there's anyone who fits them in the London/Hertfordshire areas
2mad
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 20

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MRV6 wrote:
2mad wrote:
MRV6 wrote:
2mad wrote:
MRV6 wrote:
Hi Bob, I had a 1mz with a trd supercharger on and was going to invest in some stronger internals etc. When Paul (Woods) was going on about how good these 2gr engines were. My 1mz was producing something like 288 bhp and 260ft/lbs of torque. Anyhow I ended up going for the 2gr and honestly mate if you can afford one get one. With some breathing mods your looking at 325 bhp and bags of low down torque.

If your ever come up to Co. Durham drop me a line and I'll take you out in her.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://url.photobucket.com/albums/v300/UK_MRV6/url001.jpg[/URL]

Wow thats amazing .. i'd love a shotgun ride [Mr. Green]

I'll pencil you in mate [Wink]

I wish so much , if you ever passing milton keynes and have 5 minutes for a blast i'll show the the world famous concrete cows [Laughing]

Got any pics mate ?

Hmm that would be a combined 20 years worth of driving for the car [Very Happy]

2gr ready to go in.

Beautiful car mate [Cool] .. so jelly [thumleft]
thomp1983

Feedback Score: 45

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Angpozzuto wrote:
Hi guys I'm looking to get a 1mz vvti fitted to my Rev 3 this winter does anyone know if there's anyone who fits them in the London/Hertfordshire areas

Organise taking it to woodsport and get the train it's worth it paul is the v6 man
Herts66

Feedback Score: 6

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Swap Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Angpozzuto wrote:

You could try Luke at Pacific works in Dunstable, not sure he's done any, Pete at SBits did Karl's car last year but Paul at Woodsport does the most.

All three are highly regarded.
Angpozzuto
Premium Member

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Swap Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Herts66 wrote:
Angpozzuto wrote:

You could try Luke at Pacific works in Dunstable, not sure he's done any, Pete at SBits did Karl's car last year but Paul at Woodsport does the most.

All three are highly regarded.

I've sent Pacific works an email a few days ago but I haven't heard back from them I'm also waiting on Peter to get back to me. I Haven't spoke to Paul at woodsport yet but that's only because he's a 4 hour drive away
Herts66

Feedback Score: 6

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Swap Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I would say to phone Luke and probably the same for Pete - busy guys don't always have time to check emails and forums and because they're good they're always busy!
Angpozzuto
Premium Member

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeah I know I'm usually the same but I don't want to pester them too much as I'm not in a huge rush. No one likes it when your trying to work and everyones phoning you for something that needs doing after christmas
juliankv73
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 110

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Have a look on twobrutal, where you'll find build threads, advice etc and others who've completed v6 conversions

There's also Headcover -affiliate on here who completes v6 conversions too [thumleft]
[email protected]
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 30

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Also bear in mind not only am i four hours away, but i currently have a 5 month waiting list for V6 conversions, so unlikely i would be able to help you.

Always here for help and advice though [thumleft]
Premium Member

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[email protected] wrote:
Also bear in mind not only am i four hours away, but i currently have a 5 month waiting list for V6 conversions, so unlikely i would be able to help you.

Always here for help and advice though [thumleft]

Wow that's impressive and I thought I was busy with a 6 week lead time for my jobs

Also thanks for the offer of advice I'm sure I'll be definitely taking you up on that at some stage
thomp1983

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

juliankv73 wrote:
Have a look on twobrutal, where you'll find build threads, advice etc and others who've completed v6 conversions

There's also Headcover -affiliate on here who completes v6 conversions too [thumleft]

That's a good shout julian id forgotten about patrick. He's listed as p chambers in the affiliates section he's in Bexhill on sea
kirk
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What sort of costs are involved for a 2GR-FE swap? I'm also presuming it will be a lot heavier on fuel as well.
thomp1983

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sure paul will correct me but it's around 8-9 grand for a drive in drive out 2gr swap or about 5-6k for a diy swap.

No idea on a 2gr mpg but my 3vz v6 as a daily averages 27-28mpg id expect a 2gr to equal that or better but as most 2gr's are weekend toys id imagine they are used in anger when used and as such the mpg are lower
[email protected]
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Pretty accurate costs Chris, expensive buggers but the ultimate engine in an Mr2.
kirk
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

May have to remain a pipe dream for now then.

Do you take instalments? [Mr. Green]
Adam86

Feedback Score: 22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Brand new 2gr in Swindon.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-2GR-FE-3-5L-V6-Engine-Non-Supercharged-/281720734665?nav=SEARCH
kirk
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I spotted that also. Does seem to be missing the intake and various other things. More like a long block assembly rather than a complete unit.

One thing I have noticed is these V6's are quite low revving which is a surprise. That or it's just the speedo's out of calibration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 Engine Swaps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: