www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
ST205 GT4 ECU

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Parts For Sale -> Parts For Sale By Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Gidden - SBITS
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 18

2002 Noble M500

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: ST205 GT4 ECU Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

As above.

110 delivered.
Brighton National Speed Trials Class Record Holder 2010 on
androo007

Feedback Score: 10

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Peter

What's the advantage over a stock rev 3 turbo ecu?

Cheers
shinny

Feedback Score: 29

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

androo007 wrote:
Hi Peter

What's the advantage over a stock rev 3 turbo ecu?

Cheers

There's are entire threads about this ECU and the conversion. Toxo did a back to back test and got 7bhp more at the top end, IIRC. It also fuelled a little richer coming on boost. However, it is expecting to control a charge cooler pump, and you'll get a constant CEL without one. There are documented ways of fooling them, but apparently they're not 100% reliable (I guess they work for some people and not others). For that reason, the normal conclusion I've seen is that you pick one up to run the ST205 charge cooler and don't bother otherwise. Peter may have some other wisdom though [thumleft]
androo007

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thank you shinny
2mad
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 20

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If you can get it to work and Petes in the know .. theres some extra brum brum in it for you [thumleft] will have one for sale soon myself .
hkwc104
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 8

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Potentially interested as I'm having my car done at Peter's (including the fitting of a chargecooler) but the reliability issue is a bit of a concern so would be interested to hear Peter's thoughts on this...
shinny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hkwc104 wrote:
Potentially interested as I'm having my car done at Peter's (including the fitting of a chargecooler) but the reliability issue is a bit of a concern so would be interested to hear Peter's thoughts on this...

Reliability issue? There's no reliability issue if you're controlling a GT4 chargecooler pump. In fact it gives you added protection as well as improved fuelling maps. The issue only exists if you're trying to run the ECU on a car within a chargecooler.
hkwc104
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 8

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

shinny wrote:
hkwc104 wrote:

Reliability issue? There's no reliability issue if you're controlling a GT4 chargecooler pump. In fact it gives you added protection as well as improved fuelling maps. The issue only exists if you're trying to run the ECU on a car within a chargecooler.

I mis-read your post so thanks for the clarification [thumleft]

Could you (or someone) clarify whether there might be any issues if the pump being used isn't the standard GT4 pump i.e. a Bosch one?
shinny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hkwc104 wrote:
Could you (or someone) clarify whether there might be any issues if the pump being used isn't the standard GT4 pump i.e. a Bosch one?

I honestly don't know about that, sorry [Embarassed]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Parts For Sale -> Parts For Sale By Traders All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: