Hi- My new mr2 turbo :-)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DaveyC

Hi- My new mr2 turbo :-)

Post by DaveyC »

Hello,

Picked up my new turbo yesterday, after inspection it turned out to be clean as feck! and bloody hell it shifts :shock:

Will be taking it very gently until i get used to the car what with winter approaching and rocketing fuel bills!

Its got 1 problem there is a quiet but high pitched whine when going from fully negative boost (on the standard guage) upto positive boost. It seems to go away at full throttle.
It sounds exactly like iterference on a badly setup ice install. Could this be a bad earth somewhere? there is zero ICE in the car) I think it could be air getting passed the filter or something creating a whistle, whine. defo turbo related, not gearbox! anyone else had this. soz for jabbering on.
perhaps some of you north eastern turbo experts wana have a look
im over the moon with the car otherwise 8)
Muffleman

Re: Hi- My new mr2 turbo :-)

Post by Muffleman »

Nice looking car mate, have fun !

Can't help on the whistle tho, I'm sure someone will be along with a good idea soon :wink:

Matt
shafster

Post by shafster »

nice to see you finally took the plunge mate. looks like a minter.

the high pitched whine could be your filter as the turbo spools up. i love the sound my blitz filter makes :)

if it's your filter, it will only do it when you are driving along and air is being sucked in. rev it whilst stationary and you shouldnt be able to hear it too much.
DaveyC

Post by DaveyC »

:shock:

Your exactly right shafster, you cant really hear it when you rev it on the spot, but can hear it just as the turbo is winding up. ive got a hks mushroom. phew glad its not a problem! i'll just pretend im in a wrc car from now on then :D

thanks
shafster

Post by shafster »

lol, well if you dont like it, you could always stick the standard air box back on.

it sounds cool to me, which is why i changed to the blitz filter as soon as i got my second mr2 :)
DaveyC

Post by DaveyC »

Well, ive only done a few hundred miles in her yet, so i'll see how things go maybe i'll get bored of it , maybe i'll grow to like it

:wink:

Return to “Member Profiles”