www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
The Green Hornet
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shmed

Feedback Score: 39

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: The Green Hornet Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Well, under no pressure from any other members I have decided to start a profile page for the Green Death (aka Simon Hicks' Brighton Speed Trials Winner). Green Death, because it's Green, and will likely cause some death at some point.....

Note, this is not the write up, as I am sat at work having not driven it much at all. This is just the page where I can dump my intentions from my already over-cluttered brain.

So having bought the car from Simon, I'm generally very pleased. Peter has transplanted the Tein Coilovers, strut bars, torsion rods and polybushed bits from the Black Death (my old car), so the car sits very nicely and feels well planted on the road. The rear arch does catch the tyre very slightly under suspension compression, but I don't think it'll be a problem on the track, just on the bumpy British roads.

I won't bore everyone with my odd job task list, but over the next month or two I plan to carry on transplanting parts from my old car to make the Green Death how I want it, before I hit the main 'big' plans. Which are:

1. Fit a full data logger and get to grips with Syvecs
2. Roll cage/weight loss - this might come next year, depends on which race series (if any) I try and enter this year
3. Harnesses and new bucket seats

I'm then trying to decide:

Option 1: Toyota Sprint Series, means I need a cage, and as it would put me in A1 category, I would probably land up stripping the interior too. Drawback is, that would stop me entering the Brighton Trial this time around (at least in the class it has previously won anyway).

Option 2: General Sprinting in Road Going Production, cage preferred, but not necessary. This is probably the most cost effective option as I can pretty much run as is. I can also enter Brighton...

Option 3: No competing this year. Just a few select track days, and try for Brighton.

Anyway. Boring post, no pics [Not talking]

Last edited by Shmed on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
ashley

Feedback Score: 56

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Finally!

Subscribed

Rev5GT

Feedback Score: 65

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Congrats on the purchase - However can you not change the name to something else other than 'death'.

How about Green Life [Mr. Green]
juliankv73

Feedback Score: 110

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Rev5GT wrote:
Congrats on the purchase - However can you not change the name to something else other than 'death'.

How about Green Life [Mr. Green]

Mmm [Think]

How about the Green Hornet [Drool]

Now that's cool mate [Twisted Evil] [Dancing]

Am so Subscribed to this mate [thumleft]
Gullzter
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 36

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If this is a name suggestion thread ill suggest: Green Dagger [Mr. Green]
craig

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Fantastic car, and shifts pretty well too! [Mr. Green]

Tuned in. [Very Happy]
VGB

Feedback Score: 3

1995 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

For what it's worth how about, green mean racing machine! [thumleft] I know a little long. [Laughing]
Shmed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I suppose green death may be a little macabre... Let's leave the name undecided until a few track outings [Wink]

Hopefully the thread will be a worthwhile subscription, though the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.
Shmed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The shell of the old motor has gone now, so the Green <PlaceHolder> now has pride of place in the dry garage. I'll be able to start with the odd jobs now [cheers]

Pics perhaps at the weekend, though the weather forecast is gloomy.....
slipping clutch
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Looking forward to seeing those pictures Paul - don't be shy with the camera [thumleft]
Shmed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Probably should update the avatar too....
slipping clutch
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Shmed wrote:
Probably should update the avatar too....

Shmed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hmmm, you and Julian may be onto something. I wasn't sure before, thought it sounded like something out of Spiderman......
juliankv73

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Shmed wrote:
Hmmm, you and Julian may be onto something. I wasn't sure before, thought it sounded like something out of Spiderman......

The green hornet is way better!

Black car, green headlights rockin [Drool]
slipping clutch
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

juliankv73 wrote:
Shmed wrote:

Julian and I are always right - except of course when we are wrong [Confused]
I was in all honesty never sure about the 'death' part in your cars name and Julian's 'Hornet' struck a chord with me - however what ever you want to call the car is fine by me - we all know its pedigree and having watched your build thread on the previous car I know what ever you do this one will be well thought out and researched.
Shmed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

juliankv73 wrote:

The Green Hornet it is then.... it has a black bonnet and green lights at the minute.....

slippingclutch wrote:

we all know its pedigree and having watched your build thread on the previous car I know what ever you do this one will be well thought out and researched

Cheers [Smile] I have loads of time to research. The joys of working in IT [Laughing]
juliankv73

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[Dancing]

I loved the original series and the spoof update film was cool too!

You can put on a ooh errr mask and pretend to be Bruce Lee aka "Kato" [Laughing]
Draven

Feedback Score: 43

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Pictures.. [Neutral]
juliankv73

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Draven wrote:
Pictures.. [Neutral]

Wham, Bam,...its black & green man! [Laughing]
Ben

Feedback Score: 5

2001 BMW M5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ahem.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29275

[Wink]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: