Bomex body kit bits

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Fozzy

Bomex body kit bits

Post by Fozzy »

I've made the difficult decision to break my car. This is not an immediate thing, so this is a bit of an interest thread as much as anything, although after the 7th or 8th December I will be able to start removing bits

So the interesting bits, I have

Aftermarket Bomex front. This a US style with the letter box. I spent many many hours (at least 50) reworking this bumper to be a fantastic fit, including cutting out the sidelight holes and grafting in genuine parts cut from a toyota front bumper. It is fitted with black mesh in all cutouts. £200

Genuine Bomex side skirts. These have a small amount of damage and crazing around the vents, mostly on the passenger side £100

Genuine Bomex drift wing. The holy grail. I spent ages searching for one, so as soon as this came up I snapped it up. It had a few hairline cracks, which were all ground out properly and filled. It has all 4 stainless brackets (I had to make 2 myself, but they are a very good match) £350

Also have PP rear spats, which worked quite well with the overall look, again these were well repaired on all the hairline cracks, but has since suffered a small amount of damage £50

I will try to get some pics on Saturday, as I'm not at home during daylight hours at the minute

Gaz#1

Re: Bomex body kit bits

Post by Gaz#1 »

Dibs on bomex nose cone.
Will PM you
sticks

Post by sticks »

Been searching for a bomex wing with a while only put up a thread on here a few weeks ago to see if anyone had one for sale.

unfortunatly i won't be able to afford it now till after xmas but if you still have it then ill be back on to ya
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I'll keep you in mind mate. To be honest, I'm not expecting much to sell this side of Xmas, but I want people to know they are available anyway
Rubber Chicken

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Passenger side front wing/wheel arch?
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Ok, so some new pics now I've been stripping the car

Front

As you can see, tons of work went into making this as got a fit as possible. The main mesh opening is bolted onto the two aluminium angle strips. This means it's removable for replacing, plus it keeps the FRP from warping around the opening

Sides

Drift Wing

Also has the four stainless clamps (2 are homemade, but do the job fine)
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

I'd have the skirts if we can work out a safe way to getthem to me. II'm in Swindon sn5
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I'm not too sure side skirts would post too well, I'll have a look and see what boxes I have available and see if I might be able to keep them intact
Tubster

Post by Tubster »

What colour is everything?
MSA British Superkart Racing Driver
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

It's all in dark emerald mica code 6m1
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Fozzy wrote:Also has the four stainless clamps (2 are homemade, but do the job fine)

Sorry to hijack. I was wondering whether you could measure the clamps for me? I'm going to make some for my Toms spoiler (pretty sure they are the same size).

Cheers,
Josh.

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494

Return to “Mk2 Bodywork & Wheels ”