[All NA] How much is my car worth?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

007james

[All NA] How much is my car worth?

Post by 007james »

Just wondering how much my motor could fetch if i have to do the crazy thing and sell:

1998 GT T-bar uk NA, 50,000miles, 17"Lenso RS5 alloys (look hot!), Pipercross induction kit, lexus lights, leather, a/c great condition (plus a few other nice interior tweaks)

Any suggestions? cheers !
Rowland

Re: [All NA] How much is my car worth?

Post by Rowland »

007james wrote:Just wondering how much my motor could fetch if i have to do the crazy thing and sell:

1998 GT T-bar uk NA, 50,000miles, 17"Lenso RS5 alloys (look hot!), Pipercross induction kit, lexus lights, leather, a/c great condition (plus a few other nice interior tweaks)

Any suggestions? cheers !

Colour?

I'd say £5000 £5500 realistically
jdbecks

Post by jdbecks »

na i would say about 6k - 7k??
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

jdbecks wrote:na i would say about 6k - 7k??

I'd say your wrong, unless you want back that estimate up?

http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_c ... rsell=sell

:whistle:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

surely a 98 has got to be werth 6-7k at least.
tubby, 4-5k on top.
Jimbo3176

Post by Jimbo3176 »

My car is very similar, 98 T-bar in cosmos blue with a few mods and 40k miles.. if it was only worth £5k I would be gutted and VERY surprised.. I bought it for £8.5k as standard only 12 months ago and have spent over £3k on it.

I think (hope) that Parkers link is very inaccurate. :?
DaMonsta

Post by DaMonsta »

Hi:

In my view about 5K something like that. Of course, if you happen to come across someone who wants that specific car they *may* pay more. But the cars are rapidly going out of date now.

The cars are steadily turning into a "classic" motor. This means that, in about 10 years, then all the cars that are left, in good condition, regardless of year (in a sense) will be worth not too much different in price.

I actually imagine that the early rev1 cars, in A1 condition of course, will be worth more than the later cars. Because they will be perceived as the "true" MR2. The raw, kind of "down and dirty" kind of tail-happy MR2 driving experience that only a "true enthusiast" can appreciate. Of course, there will be less of them, and so the price will reflect the higher demand regarding the shorter supply.

Regards,
Jim
007james

Post by 007james »

It's white by the way, not the colour I was particularly looking 4 when bought, but such a gd example i had to have it. The valuations are all very interesting. keep em coming!
Personally, looking at autotrader I was thinkin between £6-7K?? :-k
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

about 6k
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

can i see a picture of those lensos, im thinking of getting em and wanna see what they look like on a mr2!

pm me when you got em thanks, Tom.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

A 98 T-bar with 50k on it i rekon would sit on a dealer's yard for 7000-8000
There a place by me called spencer prestige and performance, he deals in a lot of mr2's and sold a grey t-bar N/A on a K plate for 4995.
He also has a red G plated T-bar AUTO N/A ](*,) for 3995 LMAO :shock:
I rekon:-

Dealer 7000-8000
Private 6000-6500
Private quick sale 4500-5000
Part ex 0000-5500
Only thing i think it has against it is that it's white... besides that it depends on condition.. Just my opinions :wink:
Last edited by Spittinflames on Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Spittinflames wrote:sold a grey t-bar N/A on a K plate for 4995.

Ha! What a mug that buyer must be. That's well over priced unless the car was kept in a bubble since it left the factory or something.

Spittinflames wrote:Only thing i think it has against it is that it's white...

Grr... :evil: :wink:
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by Keith »

A local garage has an R reg one on the forecourt which they've had for a few months!! It's blue and they dropped the price from 5995 to 5195 about a month ago. I haven't looked at it so don't know what the condition is like but it looks good just driving past.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Ha! What a mug that buyer must be. That's well over priced unless the car was kept in a bubble since it left the factory or something.

Yeah i agree... One thing i have to give that garage credit for is the quality of his car's... yeah there over priced but there fekin minter's. get what you pay for at the end of the day...

Nige wrote:
Grr...

Sorry m8. Yours looks mint actually.. and it's white. Maybe i should of gone for white lol :D

I nearly bought a rev3 94 tubby from FastLane, That was up for 5995 so the prices around here still remain pretty high.... only thing that put me off was the colour (yeah you can guess what it was) :wink: Oh and the price.

If ya look on ebay, there's loads of tub's on there going cheap but i'd be a bit suspect of half of them... there cheap for a reason just like the expensive ones are expensive for a reason.

jimGTS wrote:
surely a 98 has got to be werth 6-7k at least.
tubby, 4-5k on top.

:shock: Are you mad!! You'd pay upto 12,000 for a 98 mr2 turbo :shock: OMG
[/quote]
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

Yes spittinflames, rev5 turbos will start from £9999+
DaMonsta

Post by DaMonsta »

Hi:

Someone would have to really want a rev5 turbo to pay that kind of money. You could get a Honda Civic type R for that, that is streets ahead in terms of potential.

Regards,
Jim
Jimbo3176

Post by Jimbo3176 »

I woulda paid that 12 months ago when I bought my NA if there were any in the country!.. I'd still pay that now.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

DaMonsta wrote:Hi:

In my view about 5K something like that. Of course, if you happen to come across someone who wants that specific car they *may* pay more. But the cars are rapidly going out of date now.

The cars are steadily turning into a "classic" motor. This means that, in about 10 years, then all the cars that are left, in good condition, regardless of year (in a sense) will be worth not too much different in price.

I actually imagine that the early rev1 cars, in A1 condition of course, will be worth more than the later cars. Because they will be perceived as the "true" MR2. The raw, kind of "down and dirty" kind of tail-happy MR2 driving experience that only a "true enthusiast" can appreciate. Of course, there will be less of them, and so the price will reflect the higher demand regarding the shorter supply.

Regards,
Jim

The "True" MR2 is the MK1 which is now recognised as a classic car. The MK1 will have a higher value for lots of reasons.

not trying to incite a MK1 vs MK2 thread, but needed to point that out.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
craig

Post by craig »

Lauren wrote:
DaMonsta wrote:Hi:

Regards,
Jim

I'd say circa £6k

Lauren wrote:

:roll: yeah right :P
Jimbo3176

Post by Jimbo3176 »

Lauren wrote:The "True" MR2 is the MK1 which is now recognised as a classic car. The MK1 will have a higher value for lots of reasons.

Good job they made a better looking version tho! :P

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”