www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Geo's Rev 5 Turbo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeL
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Geo's Rev 5 Turbo Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

CalMac wrote:
Right, I've just read this from the start. Safe to say I'm now tuned in [Cool]

I follow you on IG (@dough.nut) - never made the connection though on IMOC!

Mad car, love it. I may have missed a vital detail and I'm sorry if I have - but is this still a Rev 3 3SGTE lump?! Crazy! [thumleft]

Ahh yeah I know your IG account, you have the Red widebody mr2 don't you?It's an awesome looking car that! Is the black one yours also mate?

Yeah Rev3 3S [thumleft] .. Just trying to prove the majority wrong lol. Don't get me wrong though, it was a hand picked block from new.
If it cracks on me ill need to rethink a few things [Laughing]

TOTB13 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
TOTB14 RWD 1/4mile 3rd place (Misfiring)
TOTB15 RWD 1/4mile 2nd place (HG Failure)
TOTB16 RWD 1/4mile 1st place

Last edited by GeorgeL on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
CalMac
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 17

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeah both mine - the red one is a long term project which I got lazy with so bought the black rev 3 to keep me entertained in the meantime [Laughing]

That's epic, reassuring to know they can take some real stick then [thumleft]
shane34

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

How did TOTB go George? Any updates?
GeorgeL
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Geo's Rev 5 Turbo ** For Sale ** Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ive not really kept this up to date at all...

However,

The car is for sale:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=190945

[Sad]
Caleb-mr2

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Amazing car, had a look over your thread [Shocked]

Would of been great to see some footage down the 1/4 mile!

Good luck with your sale
mr2nut123
Premium Member

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I loved reading a lot of this thread! Superb car, and great choice on alloys too [thumleft]

I've got a genuine TOMs kit too. The fitment is brilliant, even the front indicators screw in nicely. [Smile]
GeorgeL
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Not updated this in a long time [Shocked]

If someone could advise a new sharing site for photos and videos it would be greatly appreciated as it seems like everyone else, photobucket has locked me out LOL

Once I'm able to share photos and videos I'll do a full write up on the past 12+ months with the car

At the moment it's running perfectly and I'm having the most fun I've had with it in years out on the road where it was built for.

Ive had the geometry/suspension set up elsewhere and it's been mapped elsewhere also. This has given it a new lease of life and rekindled my love for the car.

It's been mapped very conservatively at the moment to keep it safe for me to enjoy and also to allow me to retain a level of drivability that doesn't force me to only use it in anger in a perfectly straight line.

At the moment it's running:

760 @ the wheels
828 @ the flywheel (calculated from the above WHP figure)

This is at 31psi/2.1bar
120 more horsepower at the wheels than my previous map from Fensport and running 4psi less boost than before also.

It's like night and day

I have plans to get back to the dyno during the winter months to push the car and see what it'll really make now that TOTB is over and done with (July) and I'm happy with the car mechanically.
qwakers

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

imgur and youtube [Smile]
ads

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Great you're really enjoying the car on the road now George I think you've done a brilliant job on it so far, always in awe of the amazing builds on IMOC.

Following the thread so looking forward to more developments [thumleft]
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 204

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

GeorgeL wrote:
Not updated this in a long time [Shocked]

If someone could advise a new sharing site for photos and videos it would be greatly appreciated as it seems like everyone else, photobucket has locked me out LOL

Once I'm able to share photos and videos I'll do a full write up on the past 12+ months with the car

At the moment it's running perfectly and I'm having the most fun I've had with it in years out on the road where it was built for.

Ive had the geometry/suspension set up elsewhere and it's been mapped elsewhere also. This has given it a new lease of life and rekindled my love for the car.

It's been mapped very conservatively at the moment to keep it safe for me to enjoy and also to allow me to retain a level of drivability that doesn't force me to only use it in anger in a perfectly straight line.

At the moment it's running:

760 @ the wheels
828 @ the flywheel (calculated from the above WHP figure)

This is at 31psi/2.1bar
120 more horsepower at the wheels than my previous map from Fensport and running 4psi less boost than before also.

It's like night and day

I have plans to get back to the dyno during the winter months to push the car and see what it'll really make now that TOTB is over and done with (July) and I'm happy with the car mechanically.

Man, Awesome figures, car must be mental on the road, what rpm does the boost pick up at ?
Was this the map done by Russ ? , He has mapped every one of my mr2s since my first one back in 2001 [Laughing] , therefore giving him lots of practise playing with the 3sgte engine [Wink]
Magic Beans
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

760whp! [Surprised] [Surprised]

I really need to get myself to TOTB next year. Meant to go this year but got the dates mixed up [d'oh!]

Nice to see you back on here though [thumleft]
synXero

Feedback Score: 34

2004 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

760 at the wheels...

[Neutral] [Neutral] [Neutral] [Neutral] [Neutral] [Neutral] [Neutral] [Neutral]

[Shocked]
Tsia
Premium Member

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What gearbox are you running for this? [Shocked]
craig
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Jesus, I bet this thing is bloody scary! [pale]

What a beast! [Twisted Evil]
GeorgeL
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Magic Beans wrote:
760whp! [Surprised] [Surprised]

I really need to get myself to TOTB next year. Meant to go this year but got the dates mixed up [d'oh!]

Nice to see you back on here though [thumleft]

Nice to see you back in a MR2 [Very Happy] !!

Yeah, it would be really nice to finally meet Phil. Hopefully next year. We make it a family weekend now with 3 of us competiting, maybe 4 next year. Itís a good laugh.

qwakers wrote:
imgur and youtube [Smile]

Thanks [thumleft]

ads wrote:
Great you're really enjoying the car on the road now George I think you've done a brilliant job on it so far, always in awe of the amazing builds on IMOC.

Following the thread so looking forward to more developments [thumleft]

Cheers Ads, itís getting there... almost thrown the towel in a few times but itís been too long a journey now to give in.

Yes, there is quite a selection of very different but equally good builds in here.

Tsia wrote:
What gearbox are you running for this? [Shocked]

Stock E153... they take the power no problem as long as you donít make a hash of the shifts. Donít get me wrong, this one is due an overhaul. Itís tired admittedly but itís still going lol. Iíll be trying something different next year with some luck... and OT at work lol!

Martin F wrote:

Man, Awesome figures, car must be mental on the road, what rpm does the boost pick up at ?
Was this the map done by Russ ? , He has mapped every one of my mr2s since my first one back in 2001 [Laughing] , therefore giving him lots of practise playing with the 3sgte engine [Wink]

Itís good fun.. although Iíll admit it makes you think A LOT. Iíd need to check but anything after 4500rpm and you are on it until 9000.

Yes, Russ sorted this one out. I wouldnít go anywhere else if Iím honest now. He was honest and didnít want to push it but he said he would rather I made it to totb than have a failure on the dyno. Which I appreciate and ended up thanking him for big time lol! Heís a good guy. I wish I hadnít been put off back when he was working at Performance HQ...
GeorgeL
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Just some random photos from over the summer from the week building up to TOTB until the result of the weekend. More to come along with a write up

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 36

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sick bro! [Drool]

My MR2 Build - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Draven

Feedback Score: 43

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Those wheels are stunning mate, and the car.. [thumleft]
craig
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Stunning. [Cool]
rossonza
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

follw you on IG, amazing build. id love a passenger ride one day [Angel]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: