[Mk2] [Turbo] Apexi pfc pro software or datalogit

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cooper514

[Mk2] [Turbo] Apexi pfc pro software or datalogit

Post by cooper514 »

Which is better for self tuning apexi's commander pro software or fc datalogit ???
tubby_tony

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Apexi pfc pro software or datalogit

Post by tubby_tony »

datalogit or fc-hako with FCEdit or Copilot software.

The commander unit has a restricted display size.

I use datalogit+Copilot. Took ages to get my Datalogit due to production issues. FC-Hako works fine but came out a few years after I bought my Datalogit. (Myself and GTech helped the FC-Hako guys sort out teething problems with their firmware.)
cooper514

Post by cooper514 »

Cheers bud going up to surry rolling road with my mate tomorrow so ill take my ecu with me try get a base map put on it then get the datalogit and tune it
John25

Post by John25 »

(Myself and GTech helped the FC-Hako guys sort out teething problems with their firmware.)[/quote]

Sorry, no comments.
Last edited by John25 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kennym

Lol

Post by kennym »

John25 wrote:(Myself and GTech helped the FC-Hako guys sort out teething problems with their firmware.)

Dear tubby_tony,

We have never ever had any problems let alone never contacted you regarding solving any problems whatsoever with FC-Hako.

So how can you claim and the GTech (what is that, we have no idea!) helped us? If so can you spell out what did you do exactly to help us?

We have never ever released any firmware to anyone.[/quote]

BOOM That's a brutal call out
gtech

Re: Lol

Post by gtech »

kennym wrote:
John25 wrote:(Myself and GTech helped the FC-Hako guys sort out teething problems with their firmware.)

Dear tubby_tony,

We have never ever had any problems let alone never contacted you regarding solving any problems whatsoever with FC-Hako.

So how can you claim and the GTech (what is that, we have no idea!) helped us? If so can you spell out what did you do exactly to help us?

We have never ever released any firmware to anyone.

BOOM That's a brutal call out[/quote]

I think someone at FC-Hako are telling Porkies. I was one of the first to by the FC-Hako unit, and initially had various issues with running it.

With the help of Tubby-Tony we are able to do various data logging runs and send the results to the team.

During the course of our testing, they sent me approx 4 firmware updates (Which I still have with the original emails), they also sent me some additional software to help with data logging.

In addition, I recall they got me to send my unit back and replaced it with a modified one.

We started talking/dealing with FC-Hako in September 2011. I have every email communication between us and them, every firmware update they sent us and also software updates (FC-Edit).

The guys we dealt with throughout the whole period was "John and David".

The first firmware update they sent me was their V1.06.

Neither myself nor Tony have any reason whatsoever to make up a story, what Tony stated was the total truth.

I have all the emails between us as proof, as well as the Firmware update, FC-Edit updates, and some other software that John and David sent over.

We mainly dealt with David at the time.

Sorry its so long, but I just felt compelled to defend the previous statements in this post
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
gtech

Post by gtech »

I would also like to add, that I expect "John25" to apologise for his rash statement. Maybe you should of spoken to David before coming out with what you did.

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

gtech how did you get along with the co pilot software?

i've been using it (as a complete begginer) for a while, the wideband is hooked upto it. The car was mapped and was fine on boost but a bit rich outside of it so ive confidently leaned out the idle and cruise AFR's to where they should be. But thats about it so far :eye: I guess im just wanting to see what else I could improve but im a bit scared to mess around with on boost fuelling and ignition.
gtech

Post by gtech »

Dale_V wrote:gtech how did you get along with the co pilot software?

i've been using it (as a complete begginer) for a while, the wideband is hooked upto it. The car was mapped and was fine on boost but a bit rich outside of it so ive confidently leaned out the idle and cruise AFR's to where they should be. But thats about it so far :eye: I guess im just wanting to see what else I could improve but im a bit scared to mess around with on boost fuelling and ignition.

Hi Bud,

Like you I was a beginner with "Co-Pilot", but whilst I had it on my tubby, it was fine.

Tubby_Tony is a programmer and had a bit more success with it than I did.

Was only about 6 months running for me, Tony has been on it for years and has done several tweaks.

Not sure whether Tony still has the Tubby or whether he has moved on as well.

I really only came back to respond to the post from John25 which really angered me.

I did email the guy who developed Co-Pilot, and he was most helpful and obviously has the full working knowledge of the product, pity he stopped further development as it would of been a massive plus for the market.
kennym

wow

Post by kennym »

well that blindsided me!

Gtech, well done for your retort, very polite & respectful while putting your point across forums are for helping not arguments unfortunately many don't see it that way.

your not to far from me I have a track car if i end up going stand alone do you map?

Kennym
gtech

Post by gtech »

Unfortunately my skills dont stretch that far, Tony was more into that than I was, so unfortunately cannot help there.

Everyone on the scene certainly always used Ryan from 2BarTuning, who had a superb reputation of getting the best out of the tubby whilst being safe.

As you will see, John has edited post and removed the context. I emailed him and put my point over.

An extract from his response:

"Hi Graeme,

I am very sorry but I had no idea that David was cooperating with you as we had the MR2 PFC
borrowed from the local workshop which had a car for modification and by coincident it was with the PFC.

Sure, now I remember you and Tony.

The issue with PFC was that Apexi used not two communication protocol for old and new PFC's but as we found out there were many more communication protocols which were used perhaps by Apexi as the stages of the communication development but as you know they never
published anything about it."

Not going to publish it all as the remainder is between us guys, and generous offer John made, but needless to say, our reputations remain :-)

Return to “Modifications”