Xbox One

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikee66

Xbox One

Post by mikee66 »

Anybody else a little underwhelmed by the reveal?

I'm not really interested in having it control my sky box or being able to browse the net while watching a film or even having a fantasy Nba/Nfl team.

I'm interested in the games and the videos shown didn't seem like a massive jump from where we are just now.

Forza 5 albeit a intro wouldn't have looked out of place on the 360.

I guess we'll need to wait until E3 :?
JohnnyC

Re: Xbox One

Post by JohnnyC »

AManInDandism

Post by AManInDandism »

](*,)
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

craig

Post by craig »

:lol:

xbox fail. Think I'll keep my 360. :mrgreen:
Moustachio

Post by Moustachio »

It's not unheard of for Microsoft to take something that worked really well and make it worse!

:(
Bring back Psygnosis
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

They'd better release Forza 5 on the Xbox 360, If not I'll be off to buy a PS3 / 4. I certainly won't be buying an Xbox One until they lower the price as I'm not paying a fortune for something that most likely will have teething problems (RROD anyone)
AManInDandism

Post by AManInDandism »

Ryan6926 wrote:They'd better release Forza 5 on the Xbox 360, If not I'll be off to buy a PS3 / 4. I certainly won't be buying an Xbox One until they lower the price as I'm not paying a fortune for something that most likely will have teething problems (RROD anyone)

No point being an early adopter anyway. There will be refinements and price drops.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

E3 is when all the next gen games are going to be announced (9th June) so far Microsoft and Sony have announced very little which of course is very deliberate.

There is going to be some outstanding games coming over the next year+, but for all of you that arn't interested in next gen yet don't worry because the 360 is planning on being around for at least 4-5 years yet. :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

thai boxer wrote:don't worry because the 360 is planning on being around for at least 4-5 years yet. :thumleft:

If only the actual machines lasted that long (RROD) :whistle:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Moustachio wrote:It's not unheard of for Microsoft to take something that worked really well and make it worse!

:(

RROD what 75% failure rate, hardly what I call something that worked :lol:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

'Our new dog model is taken from actual scans of a dog'

Wow, how about that.

The new water cooler? Oh yeah, that thing that sits in the corner and everyone ignores.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

JohnnyC wrote:
thai boxer wrote:don't worry because the 360 is planning on being around for at least 4-5 years yet. :thumleft:

Mate you're talking about something that happened with the very first generation of original xbox's about 7-8 years ago. Very old news now. Ive had my elite 360 for about 5 years now, gets used nearly everyday for games/films/net etc and has never missed a beat. My best mate has gone through 2 360s and 4 ps3s to date. Sure Microsoft and Sony arent gona make the same mistakes with their hardware this time.....wait and see I guess.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

thai boxer wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

Mate you're talking about something that happened with the very first generation of original xbox's about 7-8 years ago.

Care to explain why some people are on their 4th+ 360 ? :-k

Anyway, we just got a PS4 at work today \:D/ Which I shouldn't really say, but no one knows where I work anyway 8)
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

thai boxer wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

Mate you're talking about something that happened with the very first generation of original xbox's about 7-8 years ago. Very old news now. Ive had my elite 360 for about 5 years now, gets used nearly everyday for games/films/net etc and has never missed a beat. My best mate has gone through 2 360s and 4 ps3s to date. Sure Microsoft and Sony arent gona make the same mistakes with their hardware this time.....wait and see I guess.

Not true I my misses owns 360 Elite which had RROD, MS fixed it.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

JohnnyC wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

Mate you're talking about something that happened with the very first generation of original xbox's about 7-8 years ago.

Care to explain why some people are on their 4th+ 360 ? :-k

Same reason my best mate is on his 4th PS3 and another mate on his 2nd one.....hardware failure.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

thai boxer wrote:Same reason my best mate is on his 4th PS3 and another mate on his 2nd one.....hardware failure.

Whatever :oldtongue:
I can see there's no use arguing with a fanboi :wink:

True, they've come down, but even FOUR YEARS after launch (2009) the failure rate is nothing to be sniffed at
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

JohnnyC wrote:
I can see there's no use arguing with a fanboi :wink:

....coming from the biggest ps3 fanboi on here! :lol:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Of course, anyone who has tried to create their own one-box solution for the main TV will appreciate just what MS are trying to do here, assuming it works as intended. It's the kind if thing that makes families buy one for all of them, not just a gaming machine for the kids.

Marketed correctly, and at a sensible price (£400), and this could be huge. Certainly I'm going to get one, as even though it won't integrate perfectly with my current solution it will still be a huge step closer to the one box we really should be having these days.

Aside from the TV stuff, and that I suspect Kinect is more advanced than the PS Eye, the two consoles are identical and it will just be whether you prefer GT and Uncharted or Forza and Halo. Oh, and most importantly which control pad is better (the reason I game on my 360 and the PS3 is a glorified BD player).
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:Of course, anyone who has tried to create their own one-box solution for the main TV will appreciate just what MS are trying to do here, assuming it works as intended. It's the kind if thing that makes families buy one for all of them, not just a gaming machine for the kids.

Marketed correctly, and at a sensible price (£400), and this could be huge. Certainly I'm going to get one, as even though it won't integrate perfectly with my current solution it will still be a huge step closer to the one box we really should be having these days.

Aside from the TV stuff, and that I suspect Kinect is more advanced than the PS Eye, the two consoles are identical and it will just be whether you prefer GT and Uncharted or Forza and Halo. Oh, and most importantly which control pad is better (the reason I game on my 360 and the PS3 is a glorified BD player).

Totally agree mate. To have everything connected to one box tv/sky/bluray/dvd/Internet/gaming and have it all voice/movement activated is definitely the way things will/should be heading and as youve said if they pull it off it'll be excellent. Tbh I'm not that fussed in it all atm, what I want from next gen is amazing games pure and simple. Never bought kinect and not interested in it atm, control pad is how I love to play games not flapping my arms and jumping around with kinect or the eye. Needs to be Gaming first, everything else second. E3 is only days away and thats when everything is going to announced so looking forward to seeing whats happening in the next few years. :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”