BANZAI MAGAZINE JAN EDITION OUT TODAY!

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ABOMB KID (AKA PRESSER)

BANZAI MAGAZINE JAN EDITION OUT TODAY!

Post by ABOMB KID (AKA PRESSER) »

Morning ladies/gents.. just thought u may like to see my motor in latest edition - wish i'd of waxed it now.. the flies stuck to the front end dont really do it justice :oops:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Re: BANZAI MAGAZINE JAN EDITION OUT TODAY!

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

Cool! :P

I'll be getting that at lunchtime then.
8)
ABOMB KID (AKA PRESSER)

Nice one :) just wish i'd cleaned the fly guts off my front bumper, dint think it'd show up that much ;-)

-=- Phoenix Power MR2 -=-
-=- 387 BHP Orimental! -=-
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Flys are ok! good to see it gets used!

Its the super sweet cars that have thousands spent on them, that sit in a garage that baffles me! :?

8)

But flys can be a pain. They really do stick when you hit them at 150 :shock:
ABOMB KID (AKA PRESSER)

or 170+mph :twisted:
lol.. good job i've got a private road that looks just like the M1, its brilliant at night :-D
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

:shock: 170, sound like time for a new gearbox! Max is 172 isn't it? 8)

Mate, looks good! Picked up Banzai at lunch and took a little looky whilst dining my cuisine, compliments of Ronald Macdonald.
I'll read it properly later.

But yeah, looks cool! But IMHO I think rev3+ lights would look better :)
ABOMB KID (AKA PRESSER)

Yeah mate the rev3's that were on it looked tatty (dull) and scratched so decided to just replace with lexus.. in hindsight i shudda gone for rev6's IMO.. think it wudda made the back look even more menacing! definately making mental note to clean the flies off though :oops:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Picking my copy up today so will get back to you when ive seen it.....free calendar with this months isue which is a bonus, guranteed not to have some euro chav wagons in it !!!
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Bry

Post by Bry »

[quote="Skywalker"]Flys are ok! good to see it gets used!

Its the super sweet cars that have thousands spent on them, that sit in a garage that baffles me! :?

Oi,you having a dig at me Mr Skywalker :lol:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

lol :D

Nah Bry, not having a dig at you mate! You take yours out whenever its dry, but like my next door neighbour (before his garage burnt down) had two old jags, a speedboat and a XKR, which never ever came out the garage! I think he started the jag twice in a year! :?

I'd like to use my car a bit less, and would like to have garage so I could put it to bed for a few days, but I don't have the facilities :cry: And also I don't like driving anything else!! lol Need an NA 2 maybe?
Bry

Post by Bry »

Kick that Horse of yours out of it's stable and then you've got yourself a Garage :wink:
JUIC'IN

Post by JUIC'IN »

AWESOME MATE!!

Although what are those score marks all over your rear spoiler? :shock:

LOL

.......................... :evil:
.......................................................................... :twisted:
.......................................................................................................................... :shock:
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

looks good matey
picked my copy up today from the only place in my area that stocks it so now they order it in for me

the car looks good in those photos
but get some rev 6 lights
projectprelude

Post by projectprelude »

the car is sex!!! and looks etter up close
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

An interesting setup with the rear bumper too. Any more info on it?
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by jonno »

I've just read about this car, I remember when it was first brought into the UK thinking that the mods list was nowhere near enough to hit that kind of power - I am really struggling to figure out where the power is coming from?

Any 1/4 mile times from it to back up the claims?
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
Dukey

Post by Dukey »

Gutted! Just brought Banzai today, got home only to find out its the December issue and yours is in the January!! DOH!
ABOMB KID (AKA PRESSER)

I've never run a 1/4 mile in a RWD car, so it really wouldnt reflect on the cars performance! i think if you take into account muhsin was getting over 300bhp from 20psi on a standard engine/standard turbo running 1.6bar on a hybrid unit with apexi ecu, cams, i/cooler, forged pistons and decent ACT's the power isnt that unbeliveable? i have two power runs - 342bhp on Nobles Rollers and then @ GForce i achieved 387bhp - maybe a little over-read but Nobles cooling was of not much use - pipework not reaching my side vents for a start! - ended up with the guy just squirting water onto my i/c!!!

Bad news on getting the wrong months mag mate!!!!
jonno

Post by jonno »

ABOMB KID (AKA PRESSER) wrote:I've never run a 1/4 mile in a RWD car, so it really wouldnt reflect on the cars performance! i think if you take into account muhsin was getting over 300bhp from 20psi on a standard engine/standard turbo running 1.6bar on a hybrid unit with apexi ecu, cams, i/cooler, forged pistons and decent ACT's the power isnt that unbeliveable? i have two power runs - 342bhp on Nobles Rollers and then @ GForce i achieved 387bhp - maybe a little over-read but Nobles cooling was of not much use - pipework not reaching my side vents for a start! - ended up with the guy just squirting water onto my i/c!!!

Bad news on getting the wrong months mag mate!!!!

Nobles actually read quite high with mine! I hit 320bhp on their rollers and yet only 300bhp at Owens. Eventually after some fiddling and some better intercooling cooling we hit 360bhp at owens, which I guess would make it 380bhp at Nobles and ~420bhp at Gforce! Not that it works that way, but its amazing how they all differ.

To be honest though 340bhp sounds more realistic - I know your car is capable of more but I just cant see a CT20b, no matter how modified producing much more without turning into a hairdryer. Thats more power than a GT28rs for christs sake!.

I hear your selling up and turning to the dark (4wd) side?
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
ABOMB KID (AKA PRESSER)

Hi Neil... funny thing with Nobles rollers.. they read low on Nige Cowies car too i believe.. inconsistent! - Did you find they didnt seem overly bothered about cooling fans and the like?
My old rev2 read 282bhp on Nobles rollers.. that only had unichip/decat/blitz nur spec, 1.1bar and blitz induction!!!!

My next upgrade was going to be a monster turbo as i'm sure the engine could take a hell of a lot more, but the lack of seats is starting to annoy me! I had an evo6 previously.. and fancy another purely cos they are quick enough but maintain a fair bit of practicality, if not I may just go for something totally sensible :x

I had just been using the '2 as a toy and had a daily banger until recently.. but at 24yrs of age that isnt cheap, i need something i dont mind clocking the miles up on.. the '2 only has 40,000miles on it and ive started doing lots of miles lately..

Return to “Spotted”