Post by DannyN »

Should be being announced tonight, 11pm GMT

Currently code named Orbis
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Re: Playstation 4 !

Post by oukie »

Where you been lol.

Releasing US and Japan for this christmas, Might find out for certain about europe tonight though.

Seemingly being priced at £300 also 30% more powerfull than said Xbox 720.

Chris
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

There's only been rumours up tip now, no point posting about rumours otherwise we'd have a 4wd turbo GT86 on our hands ;)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Exactly. No-one knows anything for sure, except what the new pad looks like. Even then, we're assuming it's only real as there's a definite Wii dev kit on top of the suspected PS4 dev kit box!

I won't be buying one, but I'm keen as anything to see what Sony will do with it. I'm expecting Gaikai's tech to feature heavily, if not at launch then soon after.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Yeah I think cloud is gonna be a big part of the op in PS4
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Ekona wrote:Exactly. No-one knows anything for sure, except what the new pad looks like. Even then, we're assuming it's only real as there's a definite Wii dev kit on top of the suspected PS4 dev kit box!

Even if that photo is real, still doesn't guarantee it'll look like that at launch.

The early development PlayStation Vita's for example looked absolutely nothing like the final design :)
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

oh oh oh oh oh IMOC drive club \:D/
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Didn't get to see a console or a price or a release date.
Lots of shiny game stuff tho
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Yeah I noticed that too, I think that they perhaps have not finalised design yet, which also has cost implications etc.

Also Killzone Shadow fall, looks amazing.

Chris.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I'm no Sony fan, as my PS3 is purely a BD player as I hate their pads with a passion, but this is extremely promising.

The low-power insta-save feature is a great idea, and one that makes save games a thing of the past. Being able to play a portion if every single PS4 game before the whole thing has finished downloading is superb,and having it available for every game is exactly how it should be. Same goes for remote play on the Vita, every game every time: Are you listening, Nintendo?!

The share button I can see some great use for if that's your cup of tea, but it's not mine. The dual eye camera will hopefully be a massive progression from the PSEye, perhaps rivalling the new Kinect.

When the WiiU was launched, we didn't see the console but still wondered what the heck it actually was. We didn't see the PS4 either, but we know exactly what it is and does. MS are going to have to really blow us away now, Sony appear to have made serious steps in the usability stakes.
craig

Post by craig »

Could be tempted to go back to my Sony roots :mrgreen:

Had PS1, PS2 & PS2 slim.

Might jack in the 360 for a PS4 :twisted:
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

why anyone would want to pay £35+ to access online gaming is beyond me!
pay for console, hardcopy game, unlimited sky broadband, and then stump up £35 for Xbox live 12 month membership ? nah.........
playstation is where it's always been at :wink:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

That's the age-old argument though. The PSN is free but average, XBL costs but is significantly better. Given how much consoles and games cost, £30 a year for a quality service is worth it to me.

I also pay the £30 for PSPlus, just for the background downloads of the OS. That's worth it for me, too.
craig

Post by craig »

Never minded paying the xbl costs tbh. It's a good service for the yearly price.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:That's the age-old argument though. The PSN is free but average, XBL costs but is significantly better. Given how much consoles and games cost, £30 a year for a quality service is worth it to me.

I also pay the £30 for PSPlus, just for the background downloads of the OS. That's worth it for me, too.

Exactly mate. XBL is far superior to PSN and always has been so paying £28 for 12 months (thats what you can get it for) isn't a problem at all.

They should both be free though but thats never gona happen when both companies make millions from online subscriptions each year.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Not being an xbox person, this is a genuine question, what do you get for your £30ish (that you don't get on PSN) ?
synXero

Post by synXero »

Any pictures of the ps4?
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

synXero wrote:Any pictures of the ps4?

DannyN wrote:Didn't get to see a console or a price or a release date.
craig

Post by craig »

JohnnyC wrote:

All that's been release is a pic of the control pad. :lol:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

RedMR² wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

All that's been release is a pic of the control pad. :lol:

With a SHARE button dude, you forgot the SHARE button \:D/ #-o

Return to “Games Consoles”