www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Dans project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> The Dungeon -> 3S Service Centre
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Feedback Score: 37

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Haha, just a bit of work to do then, bloody hell! [Laughing] Cracking on with it though! 22 years of rust. [Shocked] But the bonnet looks good now! [thumleft]
craig
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

D4N_V_U wrote:
Haha, just a bit of work to do then, bloody hell! [Laughing] Cracking on with it though! 22 years of rust. [Shocked] But the bonnet looks good now! [thumleft]

What's it all costing then mate, interested as I'd like to gauge costs. Cheers [thumleft]
DAN_REV1_TURBO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Quote:
What's it all costing then mate, interested as I'd like to gauge costs. Cheers

Red, you have PM with a rough breakdown of my costs. Wont post them on here as you never know with these things, subject to change etc.
craig
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Cheers buddy. Looking forward to it finished [thumleft]
3S Service Centre

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So today I attacked the front bumper and wings which were previously bonded together and filled.
We have to created nice new fittings lines, so to start I had to cut the wings off the front bumper then I begin making new meeting surfaces with fibreglass and smoothing off with filler, once im 60% happy with the fit off the car they will be bolted back on with the correct bracketry this this and the shut lines finished with detail to look all brand new [thumleft]

3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So today we continued making the arches and bumper meet properly with layers of filler and sanding.
And finally we were happy enough with the bumper to filler prime it, the filler primer is great at filling all the tiny holes and sand nice and flat.

is is enough filler??

Rusy patch had to be treated and filled

as you can tell alot of filler was required to make the terrible fit bumper meet the wings properly, atleast now the wings and bumper is seperated theres no chance of all the filler work cracking. Big job in itself that part but we have broken the back of it.

Also done today was 9 metal panels cut and shapped ready to weld over the rusty holes we revealed.

Not sure if its a respray or a restoration project at the mo [blackeye]

James
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

rev3turbo

Feedback Score: 8

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[Shocked] Filler [Anxious] [Sick]
DAN_REV1_TURBO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Looks like you are doing a cracking job. Just goes to show the underlying unseen issues. This is what the car needs, a damn good sorting and going over with a fine tooth comb! I appreciate the effort going into it, really is more of a restoration project at the moment! Funny enough it had passed its last m.o.t with no advisories so that kit was hiding some naughties.
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Cheers Dan. As you know its all about the prep work, little point putting paint on a surface your unhappy with, im happy were are going to get a quality finish just need to get over the bodywork fix hurdles of which there seem to be quite a few. Today we uncovered another horror from the last paintjob, no plastic primer was applied to the rub strips all around the car so as we starting keying the old paint on them ready for primer it started to peel off like a layer of skin [d'oh!]
We'll get the in the end of course.
James
JAP BOY
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Those pictures with your sills dan same as the one with your boot vents are like what mine were before i decided to have the same done as you..... [Smile]
DAN_REV1_TURBO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Quote:
Those pictures with your sills dan same as the one with your boot vents are like what mine were before i decided to have the same done as you.....

Yeah seem to be common spots on the MK2, cant wait until its all nicely sorted. [thumleft]
JAP BOY
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Trust me it will be worth the wait mine is... [Smile]
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i268/team3s/C282FFB6-048B-4282-BCBC-56778F65546B-1849-000002241BDB102A.mp4
DAN_REV1_TURBO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yep, I see what you mean! That EBC is knackered. [Brick wall] I`ll let you source a new one because everything I seem to buy lately is utter garbage!lol.

Just to clarify to other members, the person who sold me that has offered me a partial refund, was apparently unaware of the problem and has discussed/dealt with the issue with me. So I consider it case closed.
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Im sure all you guys know that the quality of prep and paint can be seen in the reflection the surface gives off.

[Wink] [Wink] [Wink]
DAN_REV1_TURBO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[Shocked] Is that even the same bonnet?lol. You have done a beautiful job with that! I`m really looking forward to seeing the whole car completed, with that kind of finish it will pull the kit off and look quite a one off when it`s all back together.
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

right sorry chaps its been a while, theres stuff we cant show you or it will ruin things ofr Dan but heres what we have done with a complete wheel refurb.
[thumleft]

hope you like Dan cos they were a reet pig [thumleft]
DAN_REV1_TURBO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nice wheels, now VERY nice wheels.. (Gona need some tyre black on there though [Laughing] ) What have you done with the centre caps, black aswell? Or if you havnt done them yet, what about black and the `Stern` and Stern badge outlined in the same colour red you are using on the body of the car?
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

actually Dan I really like that idea mate, yes will sort that [thumleft]

They looks new [thumleft]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> The Dungeon -> 3S Service Centre All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: