www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
The road to Applecross Scotland

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Driving Experiences
View previous topic :: View next topic  

This post is:
Great
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stupid
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted : 2
Total Votes : 0
This poll does not expire

CRA161E

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: The road to Applecross Scotland Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

***************** post updated with more pictures but still to add just a few, try toy show route home and picture locations. **********************

Just back form a weekend of driving to Applecross from Fife with a few mates and can report that the roads are awesome! [Very Happy] I was the only MR2 in a Vauxhall gangbang but I did'nt let this stop me going and enjoying the trip up and back home. It is definitley a must do for all serious car enthusasts and I plan to head back there next year with better weather.

The route: http://goo.gl/maps/s8G0C

We stayed over night at Applecroos campsite. If you really wanted to you could drive up and back in a day but depending on where you live it could be one really long day. Me and the girlfriend shared a camping hut which sleeps four people but might be a bit cramped unless you like that kind of thing...... [Laughing] For the two of us to stay for one night it was 20 each. It was clean, staff were very friendly and the breakfast was very good (under 9 for full breakfast but we had a code that made it free so it really was cheap for a nights stay.) They served food from 9am to 9pm, we decided to try the Applecross Inn for grub and I'm glad we did! The food there was really really good and its only a short walk away from the campsite.

Campsite website: http://www.applecross.uk.com/campsite/
The good pub guide review of Applecross Inn: http://www.thegoodpubguide.co.uk/pub/view/Applecross-Inn-IV54-8LR

6am start.

Few road trip essentials, would also advise a small tool kit if you have one.

My car waiting on the convoy at McDonalds.

First pit stop where we got split up for a little bit.

Still waiting on the other half of convoy to join us.

Glencoe.

MR2 at Glencoe.

MR2 and Glencoe in the background.

All of the cars together as you can see only one MR2.

The road ahead.

Eilean Donan Castle

The start of the road we all waited for.

My good parking.

Half way up to the top of the Applecross road.

Looking back down from Applecross.

On the left water heading down on the right the raod that leads up.

Heading up up....

...and away.

View from the top of the road.

Applecross accommodation.

Applecross Inn right on the water front. Good food and awesome view from the pub it was just to dark to take picture of view.

Applecross the morning after.

Loch Ness visitor centre. Save yourself some cash and keep driving past this place unless you want a picture of the monster.

Said monster....

First stop on the way home as the weather was....well pish!

Getting all arty farty with a traffic cone.

More cone art.

Last edited by CRA161E on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
synXero

Feedback Score: 34

2004 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Wanted to do that road for so long. The sign is enough on it's own [Laughing]
raptor95GTS

Feedback Score: 9

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

done Applecross a good few times now, even got one day of epic sunshine and could see forever from the top. Great times. The run up Gairloch is awesome too, down past Kinlochewe and Achnasheen, some simply epic roads up there [thumleft] 700 miles last month up by Ullapool and Durness, weather was aye pish lol but roads amazing [thumleft] [Cool]
uglee

Feedback Score: 15

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yep that was us 4 weeks ago in that area:

Some of the best roads in Europe as far as I'm concerned and literally on the doorstep [thumleft]
fimmo

Feedback Score: 43

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

great write up!!!!!
Speedy
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

2012 Toyota GT86

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yup, great write up. I just had a look at Google street view where that warning sign is, and there are sheep crossing the road [thumbsup]

http://goo.gl/maps/HuzjZ
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 3

2007 BMW X5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

One of my favourite places. Brings back good memories. [thumleft]

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Driving Experiences All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: