4age strength

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

keithmr2

4age strength

Post by keithmr2 »

Hi
I've got a spare nos kit kicking about i brought cheap for my 200, but im not a big fan of the stuff and the 200 will be quite highly strung when i've finished. Could an mr2 handle a 50 jet, i read the late one's had the supercharged bottom end so im not too worried about that, but i took the box off a spare engine i had and the clutch looked tiny is there anything else i need to take into account
Cheers Keith =;
shish

Re: 4age strength

Post by shish »

well the stock GZE engine will easy handle 200bhp, the NA though is higher compression so might be more problematic to get right with nos

i guess there is only one way to find out :twisted:
lodgeman

Post by lodgeman »

one of the guys on the twobrutal website has nos fitted to a standard 4age. had 100 hp jets fitted , did the york dragstrip the other day - 6 runs with the best time of just ever so slightly over 15 secs. if your interested i can pass on his name or just look on www.twobrutal.co.uk he is an agent for wizard of nos and can give you any help or info you need. :D
mong

Post by mong »

hi there its me!!!!!!!!!!

ive had 100hp jetting on mine and it was leathal!!! to drive that is!!!

we ran them for round a week (and 2x5lb bottles) with NO probs whatsoever!!!! didnt even get warm on a long run!!!!

i ran at york the other week and used only +25hp jetting and managed to get my best times down to 15.020secs on gas and 15.985 off gas were there again in 2 weeks time where ill be running +50hp jetting again on a stock 4age lump!!!

ooooo and its a late one (88 'f')if that statment bout the bottom end is true!!!

tony

tony
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Yeah Tony, it should be the late-type block with the extra webbing.
keithmr2

Post by keithmr2 »

I'll slap it on and keep you all posted [-o<
Cheers Keith

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”