www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Track car with a low budget | Powered by Adaptronic
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreddyMR2

Feedback Score: 5

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Track car with a low budget | Powered by Adaptronic Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I am reading this forum for a while, but still haven't presented myself.
I am from Lithuania, probably the one in this forum as there are only a few mr2s here in Lithuania [Smile]
I could say I am quite familiar to the MR2, as I have it from 2007.
It was bought as N/A and my dream was to have a turbo some day... And finally, in 2011 spring I bought one from UK. That was a great time of my life! But I bought it for engine conversion. Even that I was thinking a lot to make that one LHD, but my Pinkie was so loved that I couldn't brake it... So finally it was decided to swap an engine and all other better parts.

Mod list so far:
Engine (3S-GTE rev1):
ARC alluminum intercooler;
ARP head studs;
Apexi air filter;
Samco hose kit for cooling system from rev2;
Custom 3" exhaust;
SS De-cat downpipe;
Metal head gasket;
AEM alternator pulley;
3S-GE cams;
JUN lightweigt flywheel
Helix stage 2 4 paddle ceramic clutch;
Manual boost controller;

Suspension/Brakes:
Ohlins inverted adjustable schocks with Weitec lowering springs (Koni sport in front at the moment, as one of my Ohlins is dead after winter...);
HEL braided brake lines;
Adjustable pillow ball front tension rods;
19mm rev2+ ARB in rear;

Exterior/Interior:
Sparco NS2 16x7 +36 16x8 +38 (+25mm spacer);
Rev3 JDM rear lights;
Painted in custom Pink/Red with black top parts;
TRD leather shift knob + custom short shifter;
Blitz boost gauge;
Tinted JDM windows;

Last edited by GreddyMR2 on Tue May 07, 2019 8:42 am; edited 43 times in total
craig

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nice car, developments mate [thumleft]

Cutting springs though = [Shame on you]
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

RedMR? wrote:

Thanks!
Yea yea, I know... That was when I was young and didn't mind about performance [Very Happy]
I would never suggest to do this to any other.
craig

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

GreddyMR2 wrote:
RedMR? wrote:

Thanks!
Yea yea, I know... That was when I was young and didn't mind about performance [Very Happy]

Good to hear dude [Very Happy]

Have fun with the car! [thumleft]
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

RedMR? wrote:
GreddyMR2 wrote:
RedMR? wrote:

Thanks!

Good to hear dude [Very Happy]

Have fun with the car! [thumleft]

Oh yes I have, you can see that in my videos [Smile]
It took a long to learn how to drive it, but now I really enjoy the handling.
Quigonjay
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 33

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Welcome to the club [Very Happy]
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

You can already read my Part 2 of a swap process in my blog (see in a 1st post) [Smile]
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I moved my site to another server.

From now please follow my news at: http://drivingmr2.wordpress.com

See you there [Smile]

Last edited by GreddyMR2 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I bought Sparco NS2 16x7 & 16x8. Finally staggered setup as I wanted it so much [Smile] Thanks to steve_c for the wheels!
Wheels fitted, but still needs a repaint. I am thinking of white and red center caps. What do you think?

http://drivingmr2.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/new-wheels-sparco-ns2/
Krish

Feedback Score: 14

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nice write up mate!

Loving the Sparcos!! Are you running spacers on the rear of is that how flush they sit?

I got a set myself! Just need to get them refurbed and put on [thumleft]
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks!

Yes, I run spacers, 5mm in front and 25mm in rear. Rear wheels are a bit outside, but archs are rolled, so looks like it's fine [thumleft]

Really nice looking wheels and I don't care that a lot of people say my previous Lenso RS5 were better, it's a JDM and I love it, plus they are staggered [Smile]
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Here is a couple more pics of NS2s:

I don't remember now if I run 25 or 30mm spacers in rear...
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Some Lithuanian cold weathers fun on ice [Smile]
At 2012 02 16

craig

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Awesome snow pics dude [Applause]
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I had a problem with my O2 sensor - error 21 was flashing.
Today I decided to replace it. I bough universal one, replaced it and reseted ECU. And guess... Error is still here! Tomorrow I will check wire going from O2 to ECU, maybe it's damaged somewhere... But if not, then I'm out of ideas why this error is flashing...
Any help is appreciated [thumleft]
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

New post about my swap process [Smile]
http://drivingmr2.wordpress.com/category/turbo-project/
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

This weekend I was changing my doors and front bumper, which was debadged and with a places for fog lamps, which will be installed later as there is some work to do. I will add some photos later.

Door adjusting was a really difficult job. Luckily, my Dad is a good mechanic and helped me. But I still did not adjust a window properly... I was tired of trying to do it unsuccesfully. Has anyone a good article of how to do it? The problem is that if I adjust it to fit a rubber , then the window won't close when door is closed. When I lower it down a bit, then there is a space between window and door... Ah...
StuRobinson88

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

looking good mate, good work [thumleft]
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Here is a bit of debadged and with places for fog lamps bumper. Also, no canards left. Looks cleaner.
Going to sleep.. [Smile]

In comparison to old one:

This weekend I think of changing a windshield to tinted JDM one. Also I have to install fog lamps, change one door window(as one is already changed) to tinted JDM and also perfectly adjust door windows. I hope I will manage it in a day and a half.
GreddyMR2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I think I succesfully completed my weekend's job list [thumleft]

1. Changed winshield and door window to tinted JDM ones. Unfortunately, we had to use a universal windshield rubber, as the original was damaged during the take off... Anyway, I'm lucky we had that universal [Smile] So windshield swap was started on Saturday afternoon and then finished it on Sunday morning. Also, I removed sound insulation from the door.

2. Fog lams installed. Had some problems with taking them off my other body... I had to drill the bolts as they were badly rusted and the plastic trim around a bolt melted, so I had an issue with that. But I took bigger bols and managed to fit. Also, I have to customize a connection in a fog lamp to fit H3 bulbs with one wire (originals were two wires), but that was easy, just connected fog's earth cable to its body.

3. Door windows were adjusted. Still wind is whistling a bit through one going over 60mph, so I will have to readjust it.

4. Changed mirrors to black to match my roof color. Bad thing, the RHD windows hardly adjust for LHD driver, so I will give my LHD mirrors for a repaint and then will have them re-fitted. And RHD mirrors (Auto folding [thumleft] ) will go for a sale. I have all the relays and buttons. Let me know if anyone need them, but postage price I think will be around 15gbp due to weight.

And here is some poor quality photos:

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: