the most exspensive oil filter ever!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

the most exspensive oil filter ever!

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

went to Mr T today for an oil filter and sump plug gasget, got them and was happy with the price. hmmm so why was it so dam exspensive?

well on the way home going down the A130 i followed crazylegs kev and got clocked by Mr Plod doing *cough* 99mph.
£60 fine and 3 pts! wonder how that'll effect my insurance :(

one not very happy MR2 owner, watch your speed kids! :evil:
Dale_V

Re: the most exspensive oil filter ever!

Post by Dale_V »

:lol: or just watch for coppers :P

Dale_V wrote::lol: or just watch for coppers :P

just didn't see him, as i got close my HID's lit his car up like a neon sign and i saw him jumping into the volvo to catch me up, maybe i could push it as i don't think they got my plate, coulda lost him if i kept going :D
mikewright

Post by mikewright »

Ah the good ole' A130 again - loads of people have got done on that road lately. I had a real scare on there once when a copper pulled out in front of me as i came up in the outside lane at a little over the recommended speed. Fortunately he was rushing off to get villans it would seem and he raced away from me. :shock: :D
craig

Post by craig »

Aww man, that sucks! :cry:

i'm gutted truely gutted, when he showed me the speed gone with 99 on it i was like 'oh poo this has to be more than a fine!'
guess i was kinda lucky! had to happen eventually, will be more careful from now on to avoid more points! anyone know how many years points stick for?
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

points stick for 3 years, although some insurance companies now ask as far back as 5 years. Oh, and you have to pay to have them removed.

Lucky you weren't 1 MPH faster, as thats auto ban territory.

Some comapnies ignore 1 SP30 (speeding in a 30), but I'm not sure about an SP60 (not sure of the speed limit on that road) and also the amount over the speed limt.

Kelvin
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

99 mph whos a lucky boy then.
now thats the sort of speed you need to get caught at not a whimps 62mph.get out your chq book i found its the only way.
stevel

Post by stevel »

Bad luck mate its all sh1te
This only highlights to me how pants the speed & points system is.
The wife got £60 & 3 pts for going 46 mph in a 40mph stretch of a duel carriageway.
Chris got the same penalty for going 1 mph shy of a ban. I don’t know the limit of the road but that would make Chris going a minimum of 29 mph over the limit.
This is no way of a dig at you Chris either.

fair point steve i know what your getting at. my dad got done for 36 in a 30 and got the same fine and points as me doing 99 in a 70!

the point system is being reviewed come april i though but still just as gay, why can't they put up the speed limit a tad from 70 to say 80-85mph?

what really gets me is i wasn't the only one cracking that kinda speed as i had a line of cars behind me that must of being doing around 85-90! just gets me though with his little gun grrr.
unlike kev mine wasn't a camera it was a copper with a speed gun and i couldn't really think of any way out of it as i knew i was over anyway WAY over going by my speedo though!

i knew it was gonna be serious when i saw the speed the copper had to crack to catch me up after i had slowed down to about 60-70mph, was hiding in front of a lorry but he spotted me :roll:
Baker

Post by Baker »

i think that over 96 and it can be a ban. :oops:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Baker wrote:i think that over 96 and it can be a ban. :oops:

Am sure its over 100mph ie 30mph over any speed limit.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Kelvin wrote:points stick for 3 years, although some insurance companies now ask as far back as 5 years. Oh, and you have to pay to have them removed.

They count towards totting up for 3 years, but they actually stay on your license for 4 years. And you're right that insurance companies want to know for 5 years. It's all crazy!!!
Rory

Post by Rory »

I thought that anything over 96mph was a court appearance job.

Rory
craig

Post by craig »

I thought 100mph was instant ban too, not just over 96?!?! :?
Drift-o-matic

Post by Drift-o-matic »

thats why you should of kept the mk1. everyone brakes the speed limit from time to time by cruising at 80ish.
99mph is just stupid. If i was the copper I would of called for backup. thrown you in jail, then took your car round for a spin :twisted: :P

Drift-o-matic wrote:thats why you should of kept the mk1. everyone brakes the speed limit from time to time by cruising at 80ish.
99mph is just stupid. If i was the copper I would of called for backup. thrown you in jail, then took your car round for a spin :twisted: :P

well i'm just glad shaf aint a copper and well 80% of imoc'ers for that matter :shock:

think i'll be ok with the fine and points ;)
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

sorry to bring bad news but the current guidelines for the police state the anything over 96 is a court summons.where this magic figure comes from is anyones guess.if you have to go to court you should ask for a copy of the calibration check sheet.the gun needs to have had a calibration check to be deemed as accurate.there are set guidelines for the positioning of speed traps,or should that be road saftey measures,these are also worth looking into as are any notification issues like warning signs.
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

all good points, but at the end of the day, you've done the crime, time to take the punishment.

You can try and be clever all you like, but it has to be said, plod aren't stupid. They're not likely to to try an dfine/prosecute someone without being 99& sure that they are right.

Kelvin
Baker

Post by Baker »

Well 100 would be..cos its over 96 isnt it.

Pretty sure it is 96, but ud be unlucky to get a ban going under 100.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”