Midlands MK1 Club Meet - 31st Aug - J22 M1

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2mk1chick

Midlands MK1 Club Meet - 31st Aug - J22 M1

Post by mr2mk1chick »

NEXT MEETING 7pm WEDNESDAY 31st AUGUST 2005

Meet last wed of each month

The Charnwood Arms, Beveridge Lane (just off A50), Bardon Hill, Nr Coalville, Leicestershire.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/MidlandsNews.html

Hope to see a few newbies there?????
Last edited by mr2mk1chick on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
kevin..in

Re: Midlands MK1 Club Meet - 31st Aug - J22 M1

Post by kevin..in »

thanks for the invite but 7.0pm on a midweek is not good for me as I am enslaved by the great "Mr T" and rarely see home until 6.00 to turn around and go all the way back up the A50 is not realy feasable sorry . This is the main reason why I only do weekend events :wink: A bit off topic but have you seen this http://www.mr2mk1club.com/MR2sandpets.html and would you like to comment :lol: :lol:
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

kevin..in wrote:A bit off topic but have you seen this http://www.mr2mk1club.com/MR2sandpets.html and would you like to comment :lol: :lol:

erm... no comment :roll:
not quite sure the 'breakfast' story is quite right way round! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: (have a word with Richard - not my doing! lol!)
well the dogs look happy enough - what more can i say! lol :lol:

PS: the midlands meets will change to sundays soon as the nights draw in for winter (doom & gloom - where has summer gone!)
so there is no excuse then 8)
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

so there is no excuse then
thats me told :lol: :lol: already emailed richard on behalf of Kyles legal team :shock: :shock: see you soon :wink:
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

Jo it looks like you are experiencing the same overwelming apathy i am getting from stoke area members. If there is anyone reading this who could just give us an insight into what MK1 club members do want from the club in the way of meets/events I for one would like to know :?:
anna

Post by anna »

Hello,
I suppose this is the closest you guys (n' girls) get to Leamington Spa?
It might be possible to make it in the hour after getting home...

Does the pub do good food?

Anna
System-G

Post by System-G »

Can't make this one as I am covering people at work away on leave so lobbed onto nightshifts again next week :(

Hope to make one of the Midlands meets soon though as I really gotta meet more people from the MKI side of things 8)
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

anna wrote:Hello,
I suppose this is the closest you guys (n' girls) get to Leamington Spa?
It might be possible to make it in the hour after getting home...

Does the pub do good food?

Anna

Hiya

Prob is the closest at moment, and pub does nice food :D , so maybe see yu there!

we usually stay there 7pm till 9pm, then convoy to another pub 4 miles away so get a good run too. sometimes just stay at same pub tho' depending on what people want...
anna

Post by anna »

Sorry!
A combination of ill rabbits ( :( ) and Speedy getting back late, it didn't work out for tonight...

Next time eh?
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Anna,

Didn't realise you and Alex were thinking of coming to this! Shame you couldn't make it really. Please come next month!

(See you Sat at Elvington)
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Just to say we had a great meet last night. About 9 mk1's i think:

Me (Jo)
Tom Dyke
Simon
Rachel Morgan
Stuart Kynoch
Alan & Rob
Dom & Jim (newbies!)
Mark Sketchley
White N/A (sorry forgot name)

Despite the rain / thunderstorm we all got there safely (just about.....Simon! =D> )
Nice to meet Dom & Jim, who had only just bought their lovely Mica Blue t-bar a few days ago - well done. (hoorah - another MK1 girl - Dom)
Hope mark is feelin better now... :-&

Well hope people can come to the next meets which will be moving dates to the last sunday of the month at 11am (but september date clashes with my Santa Pod day - so you know where to choose to go :mrgreen: )

ps sorry u couldnt come anna - hope the bunnies are ok
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Yeah, a top night out!

Great to meet the newbies Dominee and Jim! She's really keen on her little Mk1, reckon we've got a new regular! :D

Simon and I had a great run back up the M1, but unfortunately Simon ran out of gas after a few miles I mean Petrol don't I, wouldn't mean NOS or something, would I? he he he!

And Anna, why are you still posting as owning a Mk1b? Are you going to debadge the SC and then show off at Elvington with your driving "stiles"? :lol: I'm not bringing mine if you're taking it (which means I probably won't go at all - no brake pads for the nail - nightmare!) rather than the Slug, simply can't face being lapped a load of times!
anna

Post by anna »

Sounds like you all had a good time last night!
It was chucking it down here, and despite my best efforts the SC still leaks (I had a nice puddle waiting for me on my waterproof seat cover this morning)

mr2mk1chick wrote:ps sorry u couldnt come anna - hope the bunnies are ok

So do I! :(
One of them stopped eating... and I'm going to feel really bad leaving them on their lonesome tomorrow and saturday.... I need some sort of 'rabbit cam' to keep an eye on them :-k

Icsunonove wrote:And Anna, why are you still posting as owning a Mk1b? Are you going to debadge the SC and then show off at Elvington with your driving "stiles"? I'm not bringing mine if you're taking it (which means I probably won't go at all - no brake pads for the nail - nightmare!) rather than the Slug, simply can't face being lapped a load of times!

yeah - sorry :oops: but it's only a couple of months out of date - and it's still mica blue... 8-[
Speedy has it in his profile:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php ... le&CID=562

Definitely bringing the SC (going to stop off at Noble on the way up to check it over), but if it's still a bit grumbly at the top end, then I won't be flooring it - driving it like a granny might be more appropriate!
The Slug is still missing 4th - so would be a right PITA for a trackday

On a related note - do you know of any Tescos selling 99RON on the way up to Elv? I have a nice big Jerry can, that's desperate to get filled up! :D
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Anna, not sure about that, but could you run it on Avgas? All you need to do is find a local airfield to Elvington and make sure there will be someone there on Saturday. By the way I'm not sure if you are legally allowed to drive on the road with Avgas.

Really off topic now...my fault, sorry! :oops:
anna

Post by anna »

Icsunonove wrote:Anna, not sure about that, but could you run it on Avgas? All you need to do is find a local airfield to Elvington and make sure there will be someone there on Saturday. By the way I'm not sure if you are legally allowed to drive on the road with Avgas.

Really off topic now...my fault, sorry! :oops:

I'd prefer not to - and I don't really know much about it... Better safe than sorry eh!
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

No Anna, I think you may be ok with Avgas (check with Nobles or David first obviously). We used to run the ARP Formula 3 car on Avgas. I think, don't quote me on this, it's 102 RON.

For your sake I just don't want to see that engine blown up, it will cost a fortune to fix that one. I really don't believe you can turn up at a trackday and drive 8/10ths. This is exactly where I went wrong when I carried on hammering round the track with a mis-firing engine. The resulting mess cost me £700 and I did all the labour myself!
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Deleted
System-G

Post by System-G »

Sounds like you guys had a good time on Wednesday 8)

I was stuck in Gala Bingo in Peterborough from 9pm until 10am working on a massive refurbishment... I hate nightshifts :x

I'm glad the meet has been moved to a weekend now, but knowing my luck I will have to be on call... won't stop me from attending though :wink:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220

Return to “Past Events”