Adrian Flux........ utter pup again!

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stealth

Adrian Flux........ utter pup again!

Post by stealth »

I insured my quad bike through Adrian Flux last year, I sold my bike a few months before the quote ended but left it running to get the years NCD.

I then told Adrian Flux I didnt want to renew and cancelled the direct debit after the last payment.

I then received a txt saying the policy had been cancelled, thought it was a bit late but didnt think anything of it.

A few weeks after that I got two letters on the same day, one saying I owe them £162 because they started a new policy and because I hadnt been paying it, they cancelled it. The second letter said I now owe them £182 and if I didnt pay it they would pass it on to a debt collector and I would have to pay that too.

After speaking to Adrian Flux about this I now have to pay the DVLA to prove I sold the bike when I did and only then will Adrian Flux "look into cancelling the balance"

So basically because of Adrian Flux's incompetence I'm having to pay out to the DVLA, I'm receiving very threatening letters from Adrian Flux and I risk betting a black mark on my credit rating.

Needless to say all my vehicles are now with Sky :thumleft: I've even had to make a claim with Sky and it went very smoothly. No idea what possessed me to go back to Adrian Flux.

This is the second bad service in the three times I’ve been with them, it’s my own fault for giving them a second chance

I cant recommend avoiding them enough!!

This forum is meant to be just for me and the trader to post on but if anyone has any advice on this please PM me.
stealth

Re: Adrian Flux........ utter pup again!

Post by stealth »

ah yeah good idea, I'll speak to them, thanks.
stealth

Post by stealth »

They say they've passed it over to the debt collectors. Should I do anything about this or are they talking crap and just trying to scare me into paying?
stealth

Post by stealth »

Thanks man, PM'd :)
stealth

Post by stealth »

Yeah I did contact Dan but he said he'd speak to his manager but it didnt do any good :(

TBH they're always very rude on the phone and never help. May as well have a phone system that cuts you off if an existing customer.

I'm going to take it to the ombudsman if I dont get a satisfactory answer to my letter. And make sure everyone know how Adrian Flux treat their customers, I'll put this on every site I can, Money Saving Expert etc.

Well one sure thing, neither my family or I will be using them again. And I hope I've put a few people off.
stealth

Post by stealth »

I've sent Dan a link to this :thumleft:
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Morning

Anyone wanting to discuss their policy further please feel free to pm me your details so any queries may be looked into.

Many thanks

Dan.
stealth

Post by stealth »

ashman wrote:they might actually want to do something to be seen to be trying redeem their rep :roll:

Guess not :lol:
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

Please keep to the rules of Trader feedback forum guys. This is for the involved customer and the trader only. If you have a personal experience with the trader you wish to share, start a new thread.

Thank you!
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

5) Only OP/trader/Mods/Admin are allowed to post on the thread- all others will be removed without question

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94989

Thread cleaned up, as above please start a new thread if you have issues.
stealth

Post by stealth »

Should AF really be an affiliated member on here? I've had a LOT of feedback from people having bad experiences with AF [-(

Had some good advice though, thanks guys :thumleft:
stealth

Post by stealth »

Well after speaking to the DVLA I sent Adrian Flux a copy of the acknowledgement letter from when I sold the quad. (didnt do it sooner because I couldn't find it.)

AF then sent me a letter back saying a SORN letter is not acceptable.

](*,) Can they get anything right? I sent an acknowledgement letter not a SORN :(

So now I've sent it again with a copy of a VQ7 from the DVLA (a letter from the DVLA saying when the quad left my ownership)

In the mean time I'm being threatened with a County Court Bailiff, nice :(

Will update when I hear back.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

The only people who can send round the court baliffs are the courts after they have taken you to court and they have won and you still refuse to pay up.

Even if you do go to court and lose, you could pay the outstanding amount and nothing would get put on your record if paid within 28 days. ie no ccj on your record.

You've entered into the BS by contacting the dvla. The Ombudsman would sort this out. Do not listen to the BS they are telling you. it's just some fat little loser in an office trying to make xxxx up to take your cash.

Stick to the plan. Send a letter of complaint, they have 8 weeks to respond, then let the obudsman do the rest.

You're making it so much harder for yourself.
stealth

Post by stealth »

ah OK so they're just trying to bully me basically?

I sent a letter on complaint a 3 weeks ago, it also asked for copies of phone calls etc but they only responded to parts of the letter not all of it.

I've filled in and sent off the ombudsmans forms with copies of all the letters both ways, see what they have to say :)
Harold

Post by Harold »

Sorry to hear this buddy, hope that you win in the end. I have heard sooo many bad things about AF, I'm going to steer well clear of them. They've never even been competitive for me with all quotes being north of £1500, what a joke.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

stealth wrote:Well after speaking to the DVLA I sent Adrian Flux a copy of the acknowledgement letter from when I sold the quad. (didnt do it sooner because I couldn't find it.)

AF then sent me a letter back saying a SORN letter is not acceptable.

](*,) Can they get anything right? I sent an acknowledgement letter not a SORN :(

So now I've sent it again with a copy of a VQ7 from the DVLA (a letter from the DVLA saying when the quad left my ownership)

In the mean time I'm being threatened with a County Court Bailiff, nice :(

Will update when I hear back.

Morning,

If you would like for this to be looked into please pm me your details.

Cheers
Dan.
stealth

Post by stealth »

I sent an email (with attachments of forms to the ombudsman and past conversations with Adrian Flux) to the ombudsman and copied AF in on it.

With in hours I received an email from Adrian Flux saying they confirmed I owned them nothing. :thumleft:

Just a bunch of bullies trying to intimidate people [-X

Thanks very much to everyone who gave me advice, very helpful :D

Return to “Trader Feedback”