!st time ive EVER been acknowledged by another mark2!!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rev2_mike

!st time ive EVER been acknowledged by another mark2!!

Post by Rev2_mike »

Having had the mark2 for over 6 months now and been used to the waves etc from fellow mark 1 owners when i had my mark1 i was a bit disapointed to see this wasnt the case with mark2's. Undeterred i flashed other mark2's for a bit - but got no response so gave up - then today some guy in a red rev3 flashed his lights and waved - woohoo!!! 1st time ever, are we mark 2 owners just a miserable bunch????

So cheers to you whoever - red rev3 in cardiff around midday :D :D
CUERVO

Re: !st time ive EVER been acknowledged by another mark2!!

Post by CUERVO »

:D Yes ur right
i flashed other mark2's for a bit - but got no response so gave up
Nobody in Cardiff want 2 say hello!!! :(

I work in cardiff so If I c u u'll get a flash/wave from me!!! Lookout for Red MR2 (soon with carbon bonnet) :D
P.s what colour is ur car???
CUERVO

Post by CUERVO »

P.s what colour is ur car???

I've just looked @ ur profile :oops: red :oops: :)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Rev2_mike wrote:Having had the mark2 for over 6 months now and been used to the waves etc from fellow mark 1 owners when i had my mark1 i was a bit disapointed to see this wasnt the case with mark2's. Undeterred i flashed other mark2's for a bit - but got no response so gave up - then today some guy in a red rev3 flashed his lights and waved - woohoo!!! 1st time ever, are we mark 2 owners just a miserable bunch????

So cheers to you whoever - red rev3 in cardiff around midday :D :D

i think mate due to many "chavs" now getting these cars, far more of these gimps i asume never go on sites like this, therefore, dont think its "cool" to wave to someone in the same cars as theres!!
thats the impression i get as ive seen a few mk2's, but none have wave,d most have given me evils!!! (prob cause i got a turbo, lol!!)
CUERVO

Post by CUERVO »

:( hey leave the N/A drivers out of it
(prob cause i got a turbo, lol!!)
I can't afford the insurent yet!!! :(
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

CUERVO wrote::( hey leave the N/A drivers out of it
(prob cause i got a turbo, lol!!)
I can't afford the insurent yet!!! :(

i didnt mean it in that way!
just that soon as the chavs start giving it (usually), foot down, and im off!! lol!!

thats a dig at chavs, not NAs
CUERVO

Post by CUERVO »

:D That's ok then!!! :twisted: 8)
Rhonsmr2

Post by Rhonsmr2 »

There's a few round where I am that flash and wave my mk2, just bought a mk1 too so will see who flashes most LOL
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Rhonsmr2 wrote:There's a few round where I am that flash and wave my mk2, just bought a mk1 too so will see who flashes most LOL

I think you will reliably get flashes from other MK1 owners, mainly because it is a much rarer car than a MK2, so the enthusiast count is going to be higher IYSWIM.
Rhonsmr2

Post by Rhonsmr2 »

*waves to Lauren* :)
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

the mk1 has more character and being older has a more dedicated driver.we have all been down the same road with engines and repairs,so theres more of a kindred spirit.how many mk2 drivers even know what a spanner looks like? not the majority thats for sure.for the mk2 driver its generally just another car. ever mk1 gets at least a smile and a nod of recognition.
Jon S

Post by Jon S »

crazylegs wrote:the mk1 has more character and being older has a more dedicated driver.we have all been down the same road with engines and repairs,so theres more of a kindred spirit.how many mk2 drivers even know what a spanner looks like? not the majority thats for sure.for the mk2 driver its generally just another car. ever mk1 gets at least a smile and a nod of recognition.

I agree, my sister used to be acknowledged by every fellow MGBGT owner, cos they'd all experienced the same hassles!!!

As the Mk2 gets older I reckon flashing/acknowledging(sp?) will become more common.

I bet MK3 owners rarely flash
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

I don't usually flash at other mk2 drivers purely through fear of being ignored or worse frowned at! :oops:
I've seen a few nice looking mk2's lately though and my gf keeps trying to get me to flash them.
Has anyone noticed other MR2's strangely appearing next to or parked near their cars at supermarket car parks?
I must confess to parking next to an almost identical mk2 to mine once to try and confuse the other owner. Would have loved to have seen his/her face. :shock:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

I started a post on the old site some time ago about ignorant drivers, were not all MR2 lovers was the conclusion that i came to. i think any one from IMOC would flash you (their lights that is) but obviously there are those that are content with just driving their 2 and dont have to talk about it all the time like me and everyone else on here !!!!!! 8)
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

mr2daz wrote:I don't usually flash at other mk2 drivers purely through fear of being ignored or worse frowned at! :oops:
I've seen a few nice looking mk2's lately though and my gf keeps trying to get me to flash them.
Has anyone noticed other MR2's strangely appearing next to or parked near their cars at supermarket car parks?
I must confess to parking next to an almost identical mk2 to mine once to try and confuse the other owner. Would have loved to have seen his/her face. :shock:

TOTALLY mate. ive parked at tesco's a couple of times to do the lottery, and ive had 2 mk2s park next to me!!
pretty sure on purpose!
very strange and cool at the same time!
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Yeah i do that, i cant resist it if i see one especially if its got a space next to it , im sure this is a sort of problem ive got. One time (at band camp) ive parked next to one in a car park and when ive come back it was gone but another one had parked on the other side of me........WTF !!!!!! :lol:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
steve b

Post by steve b »

I always flash people, but i find that there are quite a few tossers about that just give you evils in return. A rev 5 cosmos blue that lives on the Botley rd in oxford for example :D incase your here :P we should have a named and shamed section :D
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

When driving an MR2, I always flash other MR2 drivers - regardless of whether they're in a Mk1, Mk2, or Mk3.

Findings:

Mk1 owners occasionally raise their headlights back at me.

Mk2 owners will acknowledge me 50% of the time. More so if I raise my hand as well.

Mk3 owners tend to look confused. :lol:
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by agentturbo »

can be hard to spot a 2 at night normally just gone pass ..so hard to wave
i think if you make the effort to do something . it will make the other driver at least think about it..if they still do nothing and keep getting waves/flash whatever ,im sure they will fall into line....
i think its great to do something ...but like i said ..i normally go flashing past then i notice a 2 "but it was to late to react"
craig

Post by craig »

I've never bothered with flashing other 2's

I mean, if you were driving a clio, you wouldn't flash another clio now would ya :lol:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”