Scotty's on going project. End of the road for me, but the story continues!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

scotty1982

Scotty's on going project. End of the road for me, but the story continues!

Post by scotty1982 »

I bought the car which is a 1994 rev3 GT turbo tintop about 18 months ago with only a few mods such as

Toms bumper
Kei office side skirts
18" OZ pl classe alloys
Recaro seats trimmed in leather
Custom exhaust
Baily bov

Looking like this...

I drove the car for about 6 months with no problems untill the front shock and topmount shat its self.
In that time i added a decat pipe, blitz airfilter, momo wheel and boss and a boost, oil temp and oil pressure gauges which i mounted in the heather vents (which i cant find progress pics of!)

The 2 spent the next few months sitting in the garage. So i decided it was time to start working on her. I started by stripping off everything i didnt want being the bumper, and skirts mainly and bought some quad headlights and a full border kit. The kit was from replikit and fits very well.

I then had them all fitted by Ant at NV AUTOSTYLING. The same guy that was behind the creation of the NV LeMans bodykit. NV have been off the scene for a while after him and his business partner went their seperate ways but he is now coming back on the scene and as he built my first mr2 i wanted him to do this one also as he is a very friendly top guy who knows his 2's

I found an issue with the custom exhuast as it was at such an angle that it caused an issue with the rear spats. So i cut it off and bought a SHEEPDOG by PROF exhaust

The sheepdog exhaust does sound great, nice and quiet on tick over but a nice deep throaty tone once on throttle
Last edited by scotty1982 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 11 times in total.
scotty1982

Re: Scotty's on going project. End of the road for me, but the story continues!

Post by scotty1982 »

i then bought some more parts to complete the look im after.

Driftworks style drift spoiler

Border fiberglass bonnet

Bomex electric mirrors, i had to wait ages to find a set of these. They look great on the car and one of the best mirrors for a 2 in my opinion

I also bought a forge bov with adaptor to fit straight onto the hotpipe like it should be

scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Next up it was time for the wheels! I wanted to keep them as i think they are fantastic with 8x18 up front with 225 tyres and 9x18 on the rear with 255 tyres.

They had quite a bit of corrosion and scuffs on the removable polished lips. As these wheels are discontinued its very hard to find the polished lips. I did eventually find a front set but no rears and a set of centre caps which were also shagged!

The rear lips on the car were still in good condition with only a few very minor nicks which were able to be polished out!

I also bought some driftworks internal spline wheel nuts and locking nuts

While the wheels were off i fitted my black billies to replace the shagged set and added a set of APEX 30mm lowering springs to give a better stance

While the wheels were off the bloody snow hit didnt it! at the time my car was sitting on 4 axle stands in front or my garage and the road was total ice! I only had 1 space saver and my brother in law lent me his from his n/a. Then Dan89 came to my rescue and lent me a pair of standard wheels so i could get it out the way and back into the garage!

Then i turned my time to the dirty engine bay! Whipped a load of parts off

Had them powdercoated

much better!

Last edited by scotty1982 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Now this is how the car sits at the moment, the lights had to come off for the mot but will be going back on and the bonnet isnt fitted yet.

The car went off to have a cambelt change, waterpump, boost controller fitted, start button, and a few other bit i really wanted to be done.

My boost controller

Off she goes!

So thats where im at right now! Ill update once i get her back and have more bits done. It should be back off to ANT soon for the rest of the body parts fitted and the car to be painted!
Last edited by scotty1982 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Looks some nice work there! But PLEASE do me a favour & whip that rocker cover off, drill the rivets out of the baffles, and make sure there's no blast media left in there before it gets in your engine!!!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

I did read about that mate and told the powder coating company! What they did was cork up all the bolt holes. They then taped up the baffle holes and then taped up the whole of the bottom of the rocker cover so every single opening was sealed! So fingers crossed it will be ok
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Small update, Picked up sone new door cards and cubby box to replace mine and also picked up my new seats from TYRANT and am very happy. Really nice guy and was a pleasure to meet such a nice imoc member!

My storm wiper also turned up when i was out!

scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

The car is back now! And running lovely.

So i got on with fitting my storm single wiper and putting my headlights back on

I also had the 'skyline' rear light mod done

Start button fitted, sits perfectly and nice and flush. Only required minor sanding of cigar lighter hole.

Powdercoated intake manifold is on, just need to doe the throttle body done now to complete the look and some red hoses

My new alarm is being fitted next weekend and my stereo is being installed. Ill post some pics of all the audio going in once it is all here. It not over the top but should give a nice sound which is all im after.
willfinch36

Post by willfinch36 »

How do you do the "skyline rear lights" mod?
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

:D coming along lovely bud, glad your keeping it now though and spending more pennys on her, going to be smart as anything when she's finished.

(oh and cheers for shout out 8) )
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Dan89 wrote::D coming along lovely bud, glad your keeping it now though and spending more pennys on her, going to be smart as anything when she's finished.

(oh and cheers for shout out 8) )

It is so close now im getting all excited! Just a few loose ends to sort and then paint! Im aiming to have it all done apart from the interior retrim by the end of may!

No prob mate, you did me a huge favour! :thumleft:

Hows your 2 coming along?
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

Ahh lovely, I'll have to pop over and see it when it's all done :-) you decided on the colour yet?
No worries mate, any time!

Yeah mines alright, went in bodyshop last week, then get that back and work starts on inside :-) although yours will be done way before mine lol
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

That would be great, your more then welcome to. I'm going to see Ant next week, he wants to show me an intense white. So yes it will be going white again just not exactly sure what one. Maby vauxhall vxr white.

The plan is to get it to some shows this year as its getting to that time of year!

You'll have to show.me your plans for yours!
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

Nice one, will look pretty damn smart when it's finished. White does suit yours best I think with everything that's been done. Thought about ford frozen White? (new Focus RS colour) that's nice too.

Lol would be nice if I could get mine to shows but next season is looking likely. Any idea how long yours will be in spray shop??

Oh I've got loads planned, will fill you in on them all :-)
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Wicked! I love talking about cars! lol

Yea ill check it out on the paint code, but i know the colour you mean and it does look good. Thats all good, mine has been 15 months in the making!
I should think it will be with Ant for 1 to 2 weeks i should think, he will have ALOT to do! lol

Thanks mate im really pleased with it! There are still a few extras not seen on the car yet that will really finish it off. JUST WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

Haha me too although most people get bored of it lol.
It will look lush no matter what shade of White you choose 8)
Ooh more surprises lol can't wait to see them and I'll keep my eyes on here.
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

love what ya doing to the car! looks so much better than when you got it.

warning you though, the engine bay detailing is addictive! :thumleft:
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Vampire wrote:love what ya doing to the car! looks so much better than when you got it.

warning you though, the engine bay detailing is addictive! :thumleft:

Thanks mate and to DAN89. Its nice to hear positive comments and im glad you both like what im doing here! Its been a long hard slog but i can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Your right there mate, i picked up some red vac pipes from luke today and ordered my red intercooler and intake hoses! Oh and the throttle body is at Powder+ now going white like the rest! O:)

More pics at the weekend :thumleft:
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Right, this weekend i fitted my vac pipes i picked up from luke and fitted my boost controller while doing so.

Out with the old..

In with the new!

I also had a new alarm fitted and had my sound system fitted.

Going in... 16.5" front alpine 220w and 10cm alpine 180w for the rears. Also a rockford fosgate amp and sub mounted in a custom for mr2 sub box made to slide in behind the seat.

Ripspeed dv720 7" tv dvd head unit

And my aero catches for the border bonnet arrived

scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Ok everyone the moment you have all been waiting for!!! (or not) First test fitting pics of the new parts.

The final parts of my project, carbenfibre creations Abflug arches and F40 style engine cover.

These are the last parts to complete the look for my car. Off to Ant at NV Autostyling in about 2 weeks for fitting and paint!

Enjoy!

Return to “Project Cars”