Nearly had a head on with a beemer!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

craig

Nearly had a head on with a beemer!

Post by craig »

:pale:

Out driving to B&Q in the pug, on the outer ring road and I see coming towards me a BMW 3 series drop top overtaking a load of cars and not having anywhere to pull back in, luckily I had a layby on my side and moved over while on the horn all the while.

Looked at driver, looked about 17 with all his mates in the car. I just couldn't believe how stupid his driving was. Could have so easily been a pile up and or fatalities.

Heart was pounding like mad. No wonder insurance is so much for young drivers.... :roll:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Nearly had a head on with a beemer!

Post by Lauren »

Are you sure it wasn't Matt on his test drive? :tongue:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lauren wrote:Are you sure it wasn't Matt on his test drive? :tongue:
I wish i looked 17! Oddly enough, i got cut up by a car identical to mine yesterday. I did think for a moment "do i really want to be associated with drivers like this?"
craig

Post by craig »

Quite possible :mrgreen:
craig

Post by craig »

matt_mr2t wrote:
I wish i looked 17! Oddly enough, i got cut up by a car identical to mine yesterday. I did think for a moment "do i really want to be associated with drivers like this?"

The thing I seem to notice with bmw's, is if you're overtaking in the outside lane of the motorway, they'll quite happily sit 6" off your ass, never seem to indicate and obviously that what happened to me today.
Don't get me wrong I love the 3 series M3 for example, but why does there seem to be such similarities among drivers of bmw's?
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I think you get it with all cars but you/we look for it from BMW drivers because it's always talked about. I used the indicators fine today :)
craig

Post by craig »

matt_mr2t wrote:I think you get it with all cars but you/we look for it from BMW drivers because it's always talked about. I used the indicators fine today :)

Did they work? :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

RedMR² wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I think you get it with all cars but you/we look for it from BMW drivers because it's always talked about. I used the indicators fine today :)

They did. Apparantly, they're a very rare and expensive optional extra on BMW's :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

RedMR² wrote:I just couldn't believe how stupid his driving was. Could have so easily been a pile up and or fatalities.

No wonder insurance is so much for young drivers.... :roll:

Obviously it's not high enough #-o
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

It's 2010, don't assume he was insured.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

RedMR² wrote:
The thing I seem to notice with bmw's, is if you're overtaking in the outside lane of the motorway, they'll quite happily sit 6" off your ass, never seem to indicate and obviously that what happened to me today.
Don't get me wrong I love the 3 series M3 for example, but why does there seem to be such similarities among drivers of bmw's?

Outside lane is the BMW lane. If you are driving one, you have an automatic right to it. :+:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

RedMR² wrote:

Outside lane is the BMW lane. If you are driving one, you have an automatic right to it. :+:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lauren wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

JohnnyC wrote:
RedMR² wrote:I just couldn't believe how stupid his driving was. Could have so easily been a pile up and or fatalities.

No wonder insurance is so much for young drivers.... :roll:

Obviously it's not high enough #-o

So true ](*,)
craig

Post by craig »

Lauren wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

Sounds about right!
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

They are very flat on power delivery (lower engined ones like my poxy one) so he may have got caught out. But 99% sure he was drive like a retard.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

matt_mr2t wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

They did. Apparantly, they're a very rare and expensive optional extra on BMW's :thumleft:

Of course they worked, they're like brand new, never been used before. :D
JJ

Post by JJ »

BMW Driving - Attitude as standard !! :mrgreen:

In my experience over the past couple of years.. Its the scoobies and Evo owners are the kn0b j0ckeys !! Slowly creaping in is the Honda Civic drivers ( courtesy of Fast & The Furious ) ... Before this film came out, there must have been 5 modified Honda Civics in the whole of england !!

You try having a performance conversation with any one of those and they'll put you right in saying the Evos are the fastest cars in the world !! :mrgreen:

Speed is everything along with attitude ! :clown:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
ryan

Post by ryan »

That was me Red, now get out of my way, I have B&Q shelves to put up 8)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

All weekend people have been in my lane (the one on the outside, specifically for BMW owners)

Yesterday, a strange little car, I think it was a paupers car such as a Ford something or other was in my lane doing only 51mph - it's a 50mph limit, why was he going so slowly in my lane?!

And he didn't even have the decency to move out of my way while he was in my lane :shock:

Return to “Driving Experiences”