WHO CUT ME UP NEAR NEWMARKET, TODAY???

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

B L Zebub

WHO CUT ME UP NEAR NEWMARKET, TODAY???

Post by B L Zebub »

Cruising along in heavy traffic, minding my own business, easing the throttle of my (well-loaded) Transit van as we (the traffic) approached the A11 Southbound exit from the A14 Newmarket bypass, when along comes a young chap in a nice metallic blue MK2 MR2 - and what does he do? One brief flick of an indicator, cuts right across my front bumper going from right (overtaking) lane through the centre lane straight into the left (slip) lane, without so much as a glance of apology, 'thanks', 'sod-you-I'm-through' - NOTHING! :evil:
No consideration for anyone else, not a thought of keeping his 'toy' safe, total disregard for anyone who might have already been in the left lane (and hidden from his glance by the bulk of my van), no acknowledgment of error when I gave him a dose of full beam and a blast on the horn as I slammed on the brakes - NOTHING! :evil:

I sincerely hope this idiot wasn't a club member (didn't see a sticker in the rear window) but just in case.... OI! STOOPID! Didn't you see all the brakelights ahead? Did you not think of the danger to yourself and others at that time of the morning, in such heavy traffic???

Look, if you want to wreck your car, your life and the lives of all those who know you, fine - go ahead - but don't do it when the roads are that busy! Try a twisty lane with lots of trees, or something???

I'm ranting here, because I do NOT want to be the Star Witness at your Inquest, nor do I want to suffer post-collision nightmares like one man I know - he, who was the unfortunate HGV driver involved in the fatal head-on collision with my stepson, just two years ago. He, the poor chap who went to the depths of attempted suicide to try to clean-out his nightmares - and through no fault of his own (it was just a plain, tragic accident). He, who is still suffering - as we (the family) all are - as yours will, too if you don't use your brain, before you spread it all over the roads.......

It is now just two days short of the anniversary of my lad's burial - don't let stupidity make you the next down a 6ft-deep hole, eh?

(Don't reply to this thread if it was you - I don't want to know - just let's have some sanity & preserve your pride and joy for better, quieter roads, eh?)

Enough said, from me.... :-#
Si_Crewe

Re: WHO CUT ME UP NEAR NEWMARKET, TODAY???

Post by Si_Crewe »

B L Zebub wrote:Cruising along in heavy traffic, minding my own business, easing the throttle of my (well-loaded) Transit van as we (the traffic) approached the A11 Southbound exit from the A14 Newmarket bypass, when along comes a young chap....

Anything after that is really beside the point IMO. ;)
B L Zebub

Post by B L Zebub »

You reckon?

...And what does 'IMO' mean, for us non-webspeak citizens? :roll:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

B L Zebub wrote:You reckon?

...And what does 'IMO' mean, for us non-webspeak citizens? :roll:

Google is your friend.

IMO= In My Opinion.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
B L Zebub

Post by B L Zebub »

Doh! Should've guessed... Thanks, Lauren! (By-the-way, are you the same Lauren who used to be National Organiser for the MK1 Club? If so, 'Hiya from the past!') :lol:

Google???? I know what that is, but not the inference...?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

B L Zebub wrote:Doh! Should've guessed... Thanks, Lauren! (By-the-way, are you the same Lauren who used to be National Organiser for the MK1 Club? If so, 'Hiya from the past!') :lol:

Google???? I know what that is, but not the inference...?

Hi. Yes I am the same Lauren, from back in those days!

Well I mentoned Google, because the term 'Google is your friend' implies that typing that into google might have given you the answer you was looking for. :+:

I don't recognise your name. :tongue:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
B L Zebub

Post by B L Zebub »

Tch! After all the years we were the East Anglia Organisers, too...we've still got our ol' Mk1a!

No surprise on not knowing my forum name - it's an alias. playing on my initials and a teeny bit extra, that's all. Didn't do forums, back then - took me a long while just getting the hang of e-mails & basic web-surfing!

Anyway - nice to see you're still around....though it's a pity to get re'acquainted' on this thread, a rant-and-a-half...
lewmr2

Post by lewmr2 »

Grow a pair mate.
B L Zebub

Post by B L Zebub »

I have - just don't get near my front bumper, eh?

Even Mercs & Beemers have been known to ditch-dive after cutting me up - but then, they deserve it, the arrogant sods! :evil: :lol: I just don't want it to happen to a 'fellow' club member in a valued car, that's all... [-X
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

lewmr2 wrote:Grow a pair mate.

That's a grown up response :clap: :roll:
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

B L Zebub wrote:You reckon?

Uhuh,

I think a lot of us probably used to drive rather inconsiderately when we were younger.

I sometimes think it's more luck than judgement that we grow out of it without hurting ourselves or anybody else.

Course, some people don't grow out of it at all. :(
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Nah, there's just more and more willys on the road these days who care very little about any one else.
B L Zebub

Post by B L Zebub »

...Especially those like lewmr2...

He's probably jellified his grey cells with over-sized sub-woofers, then sucked the remaining few into his induction tract for complete liquification, which might explain why he obviously didn't read the thread properly & heed the well-intended warning - but then, how many hot-headed youngsters do understand tragedy, until it strikes them?
That horny old "It'll never happen to me" syndrome, likely - and it certainly can happen to you, Lew, as you can see above.

Just goes to prove that Neanderthal Man is alive and sort-of well...ish... :roll:

Thanks for the support, folks...
Last edited by B L Zebub on Thu May 20, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewmr2

Post by lewmr2 »

Blah blah blah
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

lewmr2 wrote:Blah blah blah

How wonderful to know we have people like you in the MR2 community.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots. I wasn't an idiot in a car when I was younger I was an idiot everywhere, I was just a more dangerous idiot in a car.. some of our current youth will be the same and some will not survive the experience... as I very nearly didn't myself.
My sympathies are with you .. and with the reckless, unknowing youth. Let's hope he posts here in a decade or two to acknowledge his failings.

R.

PS I know it's a bit of a thread revival but hey, maybe the lad in question will post here himself and prove he's made it this far...

Return to “Driving Experiences”