Clio

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

dazzz

Clio

Post by dazzz »

Took out my turbo for a litle spin last night as it was fairly dryish.

Set off from the lights nice and smooth in 1st, nice and smooth in 2nd, notice a clio trying to accel so squeezed the pedal in 3rd, get a little whistle. Next thing clio comes past me on the wrong side of the road must of been going 90 mph round a blind bend.

I get on the brakes as the roundabout is in front on me. A little extra brakes for me as he looks likes he's going far to fast. He plows straight into the roundabout. I circle the roundabout and give him a little beep ''nice airbag'', then let him hear my dump valve as i drive off.
matt_mr2t

Re: Clio

Post by matt_mr2t »

So you drove away from the scene of an accident?
ryan

Post by ryan »

Serves him right, c*ck :clap:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

matt_mr2t wrote:So you drove away from the scene of an accident?

+1

You're no better than him. Even if he was driving like a c*ck that doesn't mean it's a decent thing to leave another human being in a car after an accident, and anyone witnessing the event would've seen you in a very poor light.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I'm pretty sure it's also illegal to do that.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Its not illegal to leave the scene if you are not involved in the accident, however the decent thing to do would have been hang around, make sure he is ok, then tell the coppers he was driving like a plum when they turned up :thumleft:
alan wheeldon

Post by alan wheeldon »

No you did the right thing, although I would have also given him the thumb and finger hand shake! :clap:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Marf wrote:Its not illegal to leave the scene if you are not involved in the accident, however the decent thing to do would have been hang around, make sure he is ok, then tell the coppers he was driving like a plum when they turned up :thumleft:

Like the thinking!
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I'm not interested in the police point of view. If i thought for a second he may need first aid i would have pulled over, i've pulled over in the past and am a trained first aider. I've been first on the scene at bike crashes and car crashes. Matt i'm not a idiot.
Ekona, you shouldn't just judge people from a little bit of text. Who the F is going to shout nice airbags to a guy with his headsmashed through the screen. The guy was out the car rubbing the back of his head in disbelief.

I may have not spelled it out clear enough for you to understand so i will try and adjust for this in my future posts.

He, and his mate both jumped out and looked like they had just crapp'd themselves.

I can tell the difference straight away between a nasty accident and a knob going nose first into some bushes and a grasshill.

I think people need to get off their high horses, This is why young lads have high insurance.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

ekona wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:So you drove away from the scene of an accident?

+1

You're no better than him. Even if he was driving like a c*ck that doesn't mean it's a decent thing to leave another human being in a car after an accident, and anyone witnessing the event would've seen you in a very poor light.

Other witnesses were also probably laughing, especially the ones he had just overtaken 200 yards before the lights on a blind bend.
bill

Post by bill »

hope it wasn't a williams!
whitetrash

Post by whitetrash »

Oh well, another Gash french car off the road! Its at times like that you wish you'd learnt the dance that Ricky Gervais did in The Office just so you could pull over and do it then drive away howling out of the windo like a mad man.
Got Boost?!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Law is law, I only said it because I thought you had a legal responsibility to stop.

Chill out.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I know what you mean Matt, i didn't mean to sound like i was stressingout.

People are very quick to jump down the throats i think.

We all make mistakes and drive like twts sometimes. It is good to watch someone get they desserts though.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

What sort of Clio was it?
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

bill wrote:hope it wasn't a williams!

He wouldnt have walked away from it if it was - death traps in accidents.
willfinch36

Post by willfinch36 »

Two girlies in 1.1 saxo tried racing me while I was driving my Mazda 2 1.3, however they didnt realise doing 30mph around a bend in the snow/ice was not generally a good thing, they spun out and buckled a wheel, I would of stopped, but was going down another lane, by the time I came back round some other boys had stopped and helped.

Another time I was going around the bend in my MX6, next thing I know there is a saxo facing the wrong way in the hedge, so I helped him out + helped get the car back on the road, followed him 2 miles home to check he got back alright.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

If it was two chicks then yeah i would've stopped. Probably let them both have a slurp on the old fromage cannon.

I think it may have been a dynamique, it was defo more nicole than papa.
excalibur1814

Darn it

Post by excalibur1814 »

Pictures on this thread would have been magical
Ben

Post by Ben »

dazzz wrote: fromage cannon.

2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition

Return to “Driving Experiences”