Some clown in an Avensis

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

craig

Some clown in an Avensis

Post by craig »

Driving north up the M1, I go to overtake a car. I look over my shoulder, indicate and pull out into the middle lane.
The next thing I know, the guy who was far back enough for me to pull out has now accelerated up behind me flashing his lights and proceeds, for the next half a mile to drive 6" off my rear bumper :roll:

Before overtaking me in the outside lane and glaring out the side window at me. What is it with people these days, is the journey up the M1 that boring people feel the need to"create" road rage? ](*,) My blood was boiling at this guys actions. He looked about 40 and had a 70ish year old bloke in the passenger seat. Nowt like caring for your elders. :roll:

/rant over :
marc GT Turbo

Re: Some clown in an Avensis

Post by marc GT Turbo »

sounds like your car needs more power craig :lol: must e running rough :oldtongue: what car was this clown driving ? :-k
1993 GT TURBO
craig

Post by craig »

:lol:

As for the car mate, clues in the title of the thread. Should have gone to specsavers #-o :mrgreen:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

](*,) ](*,) still think he had more power than you though :oldtongue:
1993 GT TURBO
Danthrax

Post by Danthrax »

M1 is full of idiots, anytime i'm on there all i'm doing is moaning about peoples driving :lol:

Some idiot was tailgating me in mk yesterday so i stomped on the brakes to give him a bit of a shock and he started beeping an flashing so i started tailgating him back.
tarmac terrorist

Post by tarmac terrorist »

be carefull with avensis,not that they are powerfull but we used to service 6 at our work that were undercover police cars :(
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

Danthrax wrote:M1 is full of idiots, anytime i'm on there all i'm doing is moaning about peoples driving :lol:

totally agree. just did a 90 mile stint down the M1. never had so much road rage. got fed up of being slowed down to 50mph in the outside lane in medium to low traffic conditions and an empty left lane. i just started undertaking at 100mph and swearing at everyone i passed for not moving left.
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

He must've jus needed bacon or beer pinky.
Frustrated Pilot

Post by Frustrated Pilot »

avensis drivers tut tut tut....

there I was on the M1 the toher day and there was this crazy chap in an MR2!!

:clown:

wasnt me... ;)
widster

Post by widster »

Danthrax wrote:M1 is full of idiots, anytime i'm on there all i'm doing is moaning about peoples driving :lol:

Some idiot was tailgating me in mk yesterday so i stomped on the brakes to give him a bit of a shock and he started beeping an flashing so i started tailgating him back.

Be careful with the stomping on the brakes method. I used to do this then one day i was being tailgated i got mad with him and did this. It ended up being 2 pikeys (yes, real ones) in an old (but still quite fast!) Toyota Landcruiser which stuck at 6" off my back bumper, overtook me, pulled infront of me blocking my path and then one of them got out and ran at my car. I was in my Audi diesel at the time so not too quick but managed to get it into first and drive round them just before he kicked my door in. I thought this would be the end of it but it was only the start. They then got back in and chased me for 5 miles along country roads where i had to drive like a man possessed to try and get away. I think i overtook 3 cars and they did the same. Eventually they gave up as i managed to get some distance between us. It did proper shake me up! I rang the police but without the reg no they could no nothing but they did take a statement. I there is no smoke without fire but the only thing i did was to put my brakes on and this is what started it all. Needless to say i now try to pull over to let people pass or just try to ignore it. I later read stories on the internet of people who carry iron bars under their seats and who are just waiting for some excuse to use it!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

widster wrote:

Be careful with the stomping on the brakes method. I used to do this then one day i was being tailgated i got mad with him and did this. It ended up being 2 pikeys (yes, real ones) in an old (but still quite fast!) Toyota Landcruiser which stuck at 6" off my back bumper, overtook me, pulled infront of me blocking my path and then one of them got out and ran at my car. I was in my Audi diesel at the time so not too quick but managed to get it into first and drive round them just before he kicked my door in. I thought this would be the end of it but it was only the start. They then got back in and chased me for 5 miles along country roads where i had to drive like a man possessed to try and get away. I think i overtook 3 cars and they did the same. Eventually they gave up as i managed to get some distance between us. It did proper shake me up! I rang the police but without the reg no they could no nothing but they did take a statement. I there is no smoke without fire but the only thing i did was to put my brakes on and this is what started it all. Needless to say i now try to pull over to let people pass or just try to ignore it. I later read stories on the internet of people who carry iron bars under their seats and who are just waiting for some excuse to use it!

If you were Azz you'd have got out of your car, bitten their heads off and shat down their throats!

I had some real teeth grinding road rage moments this weekend.

First some pillock at a set of lights on the next set at a round about. My light went green, I crawled up behind him, his went green and he barely moved. I slow right down, he's still not moving much. The road leads on to a perfectly straight 50 zone, he's just about doing 20 when I get behind him. So I think sod it, I'll nip past him. Not the best thing to do but there was no on coming traffic. What does he do? Speeds up as soon as I'm along side him. He was in an IS200 so I wasnt going to outrun him. So I slow down and pull in behind. What's he do then? Slows right down to 30!
By this point I was waving my hands around and yelling all sorts of abuse. These arseholes just shouldnt be on the road!!! :evil:
widster

Post by widster »

matt_mr2t wrote:
widster wrote:

If you were Azz you'd have got out of your car, bitten their heads off and shat down their throats!

Fighting at the side of the road is not for me and would probably have landed me in hospital but each to their own.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

widster wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:
widster wrote:

Fighting at the side of the road is not for me and would probably have landed me in hospital but each to their own.

I wasnt condoning it, simply stating that Azz, one of our members, would no doubt have beaten them up :lol:
He's a very angry man for some reason.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Never ever brake test other cars, sheer lunacy and very dangerous. :-:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

If it's in daylight just turn your lights on and off instead instead :thumleft:
widster

Post by widster »

I agree with Lauren, it's dangerous and i don't think it works as the person who is tailgating is probably an agressive or impatient type of driver anyway and flashing lights or braking just turns their anger or impatience up a level. As i said before, i used to use this technique as there is nothing more annoying in my view than a car or other vehicle driving right up close behind you, but not anymore. Let the nutter past and then he can terrorise someone else.

See below for very useful link which uses advanced driving techniques to deal with tailgating. The site also has a lot of other good advice on it too.

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/tailgate.html
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Put it in reverse...

must scare the crap out of them for sure.
widster

Post by widster »

Ren0W wrote:Put it in reverse...

must scare the crap out of them for sure.

I don't think that would do the gearbox much good! :shock:
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Surely you shouldn't drop the clutch.

Or just make a switch to control the reverse light.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lol, I had reverse lights get stuck on before. People at roundabouts were backing up rather hastily!!

Tbh, if I'm going at the speed limit and they want to sit up my ar$e they can sit there. I wouldnt move over for them, it's not my fault they're willys.

Return to “Driving Experiences”