[FINALIZED] 1995 MR2 Turbo GTS, black, 44,200 miles!! (71,000km)

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GTSAARON

1995 MR2 Turbo GTS, black, 44,200 miles!! (71,000km)

Post by GTSAARON »

Hi Folks,

Unfortunately she is up for sale, as I have realised I can not afford to run her and save up for a house deposit at the same time. It is a shame really as I have just spent over a thousand pounds on parts. Both upgrades and consumables.

The car itself was imported in June this year and I am the first UK owner. All the paperwork and import bumf is there with the auction sheet.

One of the best things, and one of the main reasons for me buying the car is that it has service history from Japan with it including all the original handbooks and service schedule, and also the tool kit (no flare though which would have been cool haha). It looks like the servicing was carried out at branches of Autobacs and official Toyota dealers. In total there are 7 invoices, 4 from Autobacs and 3 from Techno Toyota Japan. I can't read Japanese so I can't say what was done, but the invoices are there :-) There is other japanese documents as well but i'd be lying if I said I had the foggiest what they are for lol

Since I have had the car I have done numerous bits and bobs. Within a week of ownership I had her booked in at Rogue Motorsport for a 40 point check including Leakdown test and everything was found to be spot on. The next was a full service at 70421km where I changed the oil and filter using Redline fully synthetic oil and also the Gearbox oil was changed. All ignition components were swapped, so new rotor, dizzy cap, NGK plugs and NGK leads. The coolant has been changed as well so it is nice and pink (the old gear I took out was perfect so was probably okay), and incidentally the original service hoses are still present!! I have also fitted 2 brand new Kumho Ecsta tyres to the rears at 70500km. With all this I have spent a fair bit of time under the car and it is so clean. All the bolts come undone a treat :-)

Next on the list, I have had brand new BC coilovers supplied and fitted by Rogue Motorsport which really do make the ride pretty special :-) The bushes and ARB were checked and found to be fine at the same time. Then they were complemented by a full four wheel alignment at Protyre in Warwick.

Since I have fitted a Gizzmo boost controller which is excellent and also a steppermotor boost gauge. The boost is set to 1.0 bar and it pulls really nicely. Other than these the car just has an Apexi intake and a Blitz turbo timer :-) ...........oh yeas, and some nice Enkei alloys and a TRD developments backbox which I understand is effectively a Toyota upgrade.

The general condition of her is really nice, obviously no rust anywhere with her only having been in the country 6 months. The bodywork is nice and straight, but there are 2 blemishes. The first is a small ding on the front wing and the second is pitting on the bonnet from what I expect is acidity/ alkalinity in bird poop. The seats and the interior are in good nick, the steering wheel is a little tired but thats all. The air con works nicely, as does the CD player, but the radio is not set up for UK bandwidths.

Erm.....other than that I can't think of much else to say other than MOT until June 28th 2010 and taxed until the end of the month.

Price wise, I would like to realise around £3995+ if not I may as well keep her, its nuts really as I have done about 700 miles since buying her, as I have a work horse for the week, and with all the crap weather she isn't getting used :-(

****EDIT - forgot to mention that the aeriel motor is bust, I have taken it off but not purchased a replacement yet. All other electrics are fine :-)

Any questions please PM me or call 07939 809690.

Now for some pic tics.......

****EDIT - Here are some interior photos and an engine bay pic, not the best as it was fairly dark, got under a flood light so apologies if they are not up to scratch :-)

Last edited by GTSAARON on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ancient mariner

Re: [FINALIZED] 1995 MR2 Turbo GTS, black, 44,200 miles!! (71,000km)

Post by ancient mariner »

car looks stunning mate :thumleft:
a price might help.paul.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

If you've still got this up for sale in a few weeks time I might well take this of your hands - She looks lovely!!

:thumleft:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

looks fantastic mate, can i make an appointment for sunday come look? \:D/

found out i get my xmas bonus on the 18th so looking to buy earlier than i thought :thumleft:
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

proper tidy looking example mate. should sell easily with rogues seal of approval on it.

get some engine bay pics up!

:mrgreen:
GTSAARON

Post by GTSAARON »

robbrookes5 wrote:looks fantastic mate, can i make an appointment for sunday come look? \:D/

found out i get my xmas bonus on the 18th so looking to buy earlier than i thought :thumleft:

PM replied to mate,

thanks for the comments guys, it is a cracking car.... shame I have to get all sensible and sell up :-(
ancient mariner

ancient mariner wrote:car looks stunning mate :thumleft:
a price might help.paul.

sorry mate,missed the price #-o . i'll use my age as an excuse :roll:
someones going to get a bargain.paul.
GTSAARON

Post by GTSAARON »

ancient mariner wrote:
ancient mariner wrote:car looks stunning mate :thumleft:
a price might help.paul.

sorry mate,missed the price #-o . i'll use my age as an excuse :roll:
someones going to get a bargain.paul.

no need for excuses mate, you were spot on! I had to go back and edit the price in lol

ta for the heads up :thumleft:
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

bargain :thumleft:
GTSAARON

Post by GTSAARON »

Would everybody say the price is fair and reasonable? I just want a decent price for a decent car. So have i pitched it about right or not?
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

i think it is a good price personally considering mileage and condition
willfinch36

Post by willfinch36 »

Yes a good/ fair price, if I had the money I would buy another one :(
Rustyracing

Post by Rustyracing »

Any chance of some engine bay pics?

And one of the interior showing dash, clocks and fitment of gauges and go-faster bits & bobs?

Ta
bill

Post by bill »

i'd of put it in higher myself :thumleft:
ancient mariner

bill wrote:i'd of put it in higher myself :thumleft:

+1
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

That's a lovely looking car, well worth the asking price if not a little more I'd say :thumleft:
Marf

Post by Marf »

ancient mariner wrote:
bill wrote:i'd of put it in higher myself :thumleft:

+1

+1

Too cheap by far, its not often you see a car of this condition and mileage pop up.

IMO you could get 3500 for it minus the mods.
GTSAARON

Post by GTSAARON »

Right-ee-o folks,

I have added some interior shots, not the best given the crappy dark evenings but I will try and get more at the weekend.

In light of peoples opinions on the price front, I have upped it to £3995 :-)

Cheers for the input so far guys - really appreciated

Aaron
japaneseskoda

Post by japaneseskoda »

Under strict instructions from her in doors "no more MR2s." Got me original mk1 mothballed down the garden, the rev3 Turbo going like a dream, then you advertise this! You are going to make me have a bad nights kip tonight, that car is just so beautiful, the drivers seat looks like new, oh dood that is just exactly perfect and in the colour I really wanted (want) too. Do you do credit cards lol?
GTSAARON

Post by GTSAARON »

japaneseskoda wrote:Under strict instructions from her in doors "no more MR2s." Got me original mk1 mothballed down the garden, the rev3 Turbo going like a dream, then you advertise this! You are going to make me have a bad nights kip tonight, that car is just so beautiful, the drivers seat looks like new, oh dood that is just exactly perfect and in the colour I really wanted (want) too. Do you do credit cards lol?

Haha nice one lol as tempting as it may be don't go upsetting 'her in doors' it really isn't worth it or you could expect one of these for xmas..... :eye:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”