www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
******NEW CHARGECOOLER SYSTEMS TO THE MARKET********
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> The Dungeon -> 3S Service Centre
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3S Service Centre

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: ******NEW CHARGECOOLER SYSTEMS TO THE MARKET******** Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Guys.

We have been testing some new chargecooler cores for over 6 months now on different mr2's and as a result can now offer complete systems that beat others on price
price but massively improves on performance.

The kits we offer are fully custom fabricated so are a supply and fit price only. We tested our middle size core option against what we knew to be the leading
product on the market, in the dyno plots provided you can see how our kit improves performance in so many ways. Lag is reduced by a comfortable 500 revs, torque is improved
by a massive 100 ft/lbs, overall power increased by comfortable 50 hp. All these figures were gathered on the same dyno, and same operators the only difference being the chargecooler core was swapped.
In the dyno plots the blue lines are those for the new core, the red lines for the old.

A independant mapper (Ryan G) commented that the power increase was due to reduced intake temperatures, improvements in core flow rates, and general design of the core.

We offer kits that fit in the standard ic location, boot mounted, and reverse bay location. We have a selection of cores to suit your power requirements, and can
custome fabricate to your requirements

Prices start from 600 - 1700 depending on application.

The example shown in the dyno plots cost 950 supplied and custom fitted for a full chargecooler system.

Sales Infomation at this time is available by email only. If you would like further infomation about this product please mail [email protected].

James

Last edited by 3S Service Centre on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 204

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What car/mods/turbo was this tested on and pics would be good [Wink]
stevenb
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

2001 Volkswagen Golf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi,

Can you kindly say where these results/figures can be seen?
I went to your website and didn't see anything.

Also, can you advise what turbo models can be expected to gain which power with each of the available Conversions? [thumleft]

What model of MR2 turbo was tested with the 950 kit. Is that price inclusive of fitting. Just reading your post and I'm thinking the word 'is' might be missing between 'and' & 'custom'.

Cheers

Last edited by stevenb on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Steve. No "is" missing.

We supply and fit for the price advised/advertised.

There are more details/pictures/dyno plots available for those who email with serious interest.

Kindest
James
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ok then here's a teaser.
[Wink]

Quigonjay
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 33

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

why supply and fit only james?
would have thought you are reducing your potential market there
i mean personally, i wouldnt drive to the south coast to get a part fitted
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Good question Jay.

Im not or never have been interested in being a millionaire so how many I sell is of no importance to me.

I currently spend most of my working hours fabricating with ally and really enjoy it so supplying and fitting this kind of product at a trickle rate suits me fine.

[thumleft]
Quigonjay
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 33

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

no probs, was just curious
look forward to the pics [thumleft]
stevenb
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

2001 Volkswagen Golf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Email sent James. [thumleft]
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

3sgte

Feedback Score: 25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

3S Service Centre wrote:
Ok then here's a teaser.
[Wink]

just interested
i know the blue line is with your uprated c/c but i also note that there is about .25 bar more boost ~ 3-4 psi that could account for 50 bhp in itself

I appeciate the increase in spool a better core can make but i'm having trouble why there is more boost full stop , IMO the boost controller should have kept the boost in check ie the same as the first run
just hardly seems a fair comparison as obviously more boost = more power
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ask this chap he'll know.....

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=118298

[email protected]
Chris

Feedback Score: 28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

megatart wrote:
Got it back. Made 454bhp. Apparently the limits of the stock manifold. Its getting loads of air in now. With just the rgue chargecooler replaced for an ebay special, it upped the power. Drives much nicer though. Gained 100ft/lb's of torque at 4500rpm too. But air cant get out quick enough now, so i'll need a tubular. Otherwise it goes really well. Pulls in every gear- 80-120 seems to take seconds in 5th!! Still gonna get a new manifold though maybe early new year. until then, this will do for me. Gonna fit my new coilovers and yellowstuff front pads tomorrow in prep for my track day in Nov. But loving the car now. [thumleft]

Sounds very expensive for an Ebay special chargecooler core and a little bit of pipework [Shocked]
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 204

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So was the radtec chargecooler working properly and given a fresh dyno run before the swap, it's just that on other cars with similar setups the radtec is holding it's own, defo no where as large a gaps as stated [Think]

Would also like to see the power differences between a rev3 with all the bolt ons running a st205 chargecooler then changing the cores [Think]
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Chris wrote:
megatart wrote:
Got it back. Made 454bhp. Apparently the limits of the stock manifold. Its getting loads of air in now. With just the rgue chargecooler replaced for an ebay special, it upped the power. Drives much nicer though. Gained 100ft/lb's of torque at 4500rpm too. But air cant get out quick enough now, so i'll need a tubular. Otherwise it goes really well. Pulls in every gear- 80-120 seems to take seconds in 5th!! Still gonna get a new manifold though maybe early new year. until then, this will do for me. Gonna fit my new coilovers and yellowstuff front pads tomorrow in prep for my track day in Nov. But loving the car now. [thumleft]

Sounds very expensive for an Ebay special chargecooler core and a little bit of pipework [Shocked]

Take the time to fit one, calculate your time and materials and you will then have grounds for such a comments.
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

marty1 wrote:
So was the radtec chargecooler working properly and given a fresh dyno run before the swap, it's just that on other cars with similar setups the radtec is holding it's own, defo no where as large a gaps as stated [Think]

Would also like to see the power differences between a rev3 with all the bolt ons running a st205 chargecooler then changing the cores [Think]

Im sure that will happen, we have customers with 205 cores expressing interest.

James
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

3sgte wrote:
3S Service Centre wrote:
Ok then here's a teaser.
[Wink]

just interested
i know the blue line is with your uprated c/c but i also note that there is about .25 bar more boost ~ 3-4 psi that could account for 50 bhp in itself

I appeciate the increase in spool a better core can make but i'm having trouble why there is more boost full stop , IMO the boost controller should have kept the boost in check ie the same as the first run
just hardly seems a fair comparison as obviously more boost = more power

Ryan did try different boost levels to see if anymore power could be made.
The car made the same power at 1.5 bar according to Ryan, this just happened to be the one printed by the dyno chap.
James
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

3S Service Centre wrote:
Chris wrote:
megatart wrote:

Take the time to fit one, calculate your time and materials and you will then have grounds for such a comments.

I did....That's why I said it. It's not like I haven't fitted plenty of differant CC and IC set up's to my car. So I have a good idea of costs for modifying the CC itself, making the pipework etc. Not being funny or nowt, but megatarts post said it all to me.
3S Service Centre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thats good so tell us about your results??

So how many hours to modifty the core, make the pipework, and install the full kit??

James
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

No worries. Spearco IC not great but OK inlet temps. No good above 2 BAR as a side mount. Swithed to N/S with custom pipework, no better. Spearco 1000bhp Chargecooler core with custom 3" pipework throughout. 38degrees inlet temps at 2Bar of boost. NO POWER INCREASE DUE TO LOWER TEMPS OR INCREASED FLOW. Did not push above 2 bar of boost incase of internal failure causing split in core and hydralic locking the engine.
Latest fitment is a 120mm boot mount IC with 80mm custom alloy pipework. Running 2.5 Bar of boost. Charge temps 29degrees. Lots lighter and no worries of core failure.

My findings.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> The Dungeon -> 3S Service Centre All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: