VW Passat Estate TDi ont he way to work yesterday...

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

fizz

VW Passat Estate TDi ont he way to work yesterday...

Post by fizz »

... was being a royal PITA!

Litreally from near my house all the way to the Mways (2 miles of traffic) i was behind him for the most part.

He leaves a gap in crawling traffic of about 6 car lengths in a built up area which i wouldnt mind but there was a left turn coming up onto a side street (short cut) which i normally take which i wanted.

He pulls over to the left of the lane as its quite wide while glaring at me in the side mirror and you could tell he wanted me to try and overtake him.

I didnt want to risk anything as i knew he was the type to put his foot down as soon as i try to go round. Im sure i would have done it in a flash but it would have given him a reason to act more of a idiot than normal.

So as i indicate left as we approach he turns off without indicating and hammers it round a bend to get stuck behind some ole dear in a micra. I take an alternative route and as i end up meeting with this micra again he ends up wheel spinning to cut me up. (my right of way at a T junction)

I just smiled at him and shook my head in a dissaproving manner and continued on behind him. He is now giving me evils as we drive and starts to cut a couple of people up in front.

Cut to the end.. we come to a dual carrige way where he is in the fast lane and im in the slow lane (because i know its faster in morning traffic) and as i drove past looking over i saw a very angry business man type in a suit and he would not look over at me at this point.

He just continued to be glued onto the bumper of the car in front so he could stay 'ahead' of me for as long as possible...

Im telling you.. people are getting more and more crazy on the roads.

Sorry for the rant but this chap wound me up big time. ](*,)
matt_mr2t

Re: VW Passat Estate TDi ont he way to work yesterday...

Post by matt_mr2t »

fizz wrote:...

I couldn't agree with that statement more mate. Since I took up going to the gym at weekends I've been doing more driving than I ever used to and the number of utter numpties, who will do anything to gain an advantage is sickening.

I often find I'm being overtaken on round about's, people speeding up when 2 lanes are clearly merging in to one. People who get in the wrong lane on purpose to skip a line of traffic then try and barge in. I had some muppet driving at about 50mph on a 30 road nearly crash into me last weekend. There's a mini round about in a t shape. I was coming to it from the bottom of the T to turn right, he was coming from the left to turn right. I had right of way, he just managed to slow down as I went. Yet he DIDNT stop, as I was halfway through my right turn, he went and nearly sideswiped my car. Tbh, I couldnt give a monkies, I now drive a crap car and when I see these intentional ass holes I actually will them to hit my car. It'll certainly p1ss them off far more than me!
fizz

Post by fizz »

Im of the same mentality now regardless of which car im driving.

The wife was a bit nervous when learning to drive a couple of years back and would constantly worry non stop about other road users. I just told he to stay in her lane and not his the car in front and she can forget about the rest.

Should somone hit her then they will be in the wrong.

When it comes to round abouts and people pulling out close to you i dont slow down.. i maintain my speed to see how they react when you dont slow down because of their idiotic manouvers.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

fizz wrote:Im of the same mentality now regardless of which car im driving.

The wife was a bit nervous when learning to drive a couple of years back and would constantly worry non stop about other road users. I just told he to stay in her lane and not his the car in front and she can forget about the rest.

Should somone hit her then they will be in the wrong.

When it comes to round abouts and people pulling out close to you i dont slow down.. i maintain my speed to see how they react when you dont slow down because of their idiotic manouvers.

My favourite one is blocking the assholes off from cutting in once they've taken a risk and seeing them have to do another lap of the round about.
You can always tell the ones who have genuinely made a mistake and the ones who do it on purpose. The genuine ones slow down and tuck in behind you, the assholes have been trying to get past you at all costs for 2 miles =;
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/to ... 20Tantrums

Pull of what irritates people the most. They ALL irritate, me, but it's definately people with an attitude of "I will get past this car, at all costs, even though I wont get to point B any faster as a result"
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

matt_mr2t wrote:
fizz wrote:...

I couldn't agree with that statement more mate. Since I took up going to the gym at weekends I've been doing more driving than I ever used to and the number of utter numpties, who will do anything to gain an advantage is sickening.

I often find I'm being overtaken on round about's, people speeding up when 2 lanes are clearly merging in to one. People who get in the wrong lane on purpose to skip a line of traffic then try and barge in. I had some muppet driving at about 50mph on a 30 road nearly crash into me last weekend. There's a mini round about in a t shape. I was coming to it from the bottom of the T to turn right, he was coming from the left to turn right. I had right of way, he just managed to slow down as I went. Yet he DIDNT stop, as I was halfway through my right turn, he went and nearly sideswiped my car. Tbh, I couldnt give a monkies, I now drive a crap car and when I see these intentional ass holes I actually will them to hit my car. It'll certainly p1ss them off far more than me!

I had a similar incident to this years ago. Same sort of roundabout. I was coming from the bottom of the T he came from the left doing I kid you not, about 60+mph in an Isuzu 4x4. He see's me, hits the brakes and locks up. Sails through the roundabout still probaly doing 40 with his front wheels locked and smoking. I just sit back and watch all this. After I pulled out and came up behind him further down the road he was shouting all sorts at his mirror. We went the same direction down the next dual carriage way and I over took him. The actions he was doing were actually quite comical. Still to this day I'm confused as to why he was angree with me. Maybe after the skidding he had a nasty flat spot that was vibrating like a b!tch :lol: :roll:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I had epic bad drivers last weekend.

On a large round about, 3 lanes, going straight over. Left lane is marked left turn only. So middle straight over, and with some common sense, right lane to turn right.

Oh no.

Guy in the left lane decides at the last minute he wants to go straight over. Wouldnt have been bad, I saw him indicate right and I slowed down, but so did he! And he wouldnt speed up. So I wento to speed up, you cant dawdle on a big round about, if he wants some one to plow in to the back of him thats fine, but I'd rather it didnt happen. As I sped up, then all of a sudden he does. Then he pulls off in to the petrol station, huge wide opening but he just crawls in, all the while blocking my progress off the round about onto the exit road.
To add to this, bloke who was in the right lane decided HE wanted to go straight over as well! I was quite close to being squashed between two shocking idiots!

I have to say, most of the bad driving I see originates in and around Basildon. The closer I get to the area the worse the driving seems to become. ](*,)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Yet MORE this weekend!

Same spot, 2 different days, 2 different cars.

A13, hardly any traffic, 2 wide open lanes. I need to be in the left to take my exit. But there's some idiot crawling a long at 35-40 mph tops. On a national speed limit dual carriage way.

Untold amounts of people on the same road in the middle (some parts are 3 lanes wide) lane doing 50mph with nothing on the inside lane. I dont care if they want to drive in the middle lane if they're doing the speed limit, but there is absolutely no need to be in it if they're going 20mph under it!

Would it be wrong to fit a rocket launcher to my car and deal with these idiots?
sketch

Post by sketch »

matt_mr2t wrote:Yet MORE this weekend!

Same spot, 2 different days, 2 different cars.

A13, hardly any traffic, 2 wide open lanes. I need to be in the left to take my exit. But there's some idiot crawling a long at 35-40 mph tops. On a national speed limit dual carriage way.

Untold amounts of people on the same road in the middle (some parts are 3 lanes wide) lane doing 50mph with nothing on the inside lane. I dont care if they want to drive in the middle lane if they're doing the speed limit, but there is absolutely no need to be in it if they're going 20mph under it!

Would it be wrong to fit a rocket launcher to my car and deal with these idiots?

Lol sounds like the M27 of an evening. :evil: I dont understand how people can sit at 40-45mph on a damn motorway. ](*,)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Do you know if there is a law against driving so much slower than the flow of traffic? I would imagine it would be hard to enforce seeing as how built up traffic can reduce speed to such levels.

I just think it's down right dangerous for some one to be going so slowly on such an open road with other users going so much (be legally so) faster.
cantfindausername

I'm sure you can get in trouble for going less than 40mph on a motorway. Hence the restriction on mopeds. I seem to remeber a story in the news about such a speed "violation" a few years back too. Some doddering old fella got done for doing 40, or possibily even 20 on the m'way.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
sketch

Post by sketch »

matt_mr2t wrote:Do you know if there is a law against driving so much slower than the flow of traffic? I would imagine it would be hard to enforce seeing as how built up traffic can reduce speed to such levels.

I just think it's down right dangerous for some one to be going so slowly on such an open road with other users going so much (be legally so) faster.

Not sure on the whole 'Law' side of things but it's common sense IMO. If you cant maintain at least 65mph - dont get on a f'kin motorway.

When I took my driving test my instructors biggest 'thing' was don't impede other road users progress, it does make me wonder how some people pass their test at all. They can't all be nervous, new drivers just getting used to fast traffic can they ? They are almost always women though :lol:
Last edited by sketch on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Well the two cars in question might have something to do with it.
1st looked like some shocking mid 80's American "sedan" the other was a late 80's Volvo 740/760 sort of thing.

I think that while both could get to 70mph they would take a while and both were probably being driven by some one with one foot in the grave already tbh.

I believe slow people like that cause more accidents than speeders, yet it' the speeders (in moderation) that get the bad press.

Can some one invent "slow camera's" to irradicate these people from the roads :thumleft:
cantfindausername

matt_mr2t wrote:Well the two cars in question might have something to do with it.
1st looked like some shocking mid 80's American "sedan" the other was a late 80's Volvo 740/760 sort of thing.

I think that while both could get to 70mph they would take a while and both were probably being driven by some one with one foot in the grave already tbh.

I believe slow people like that cause more accidents than speeders, yet it' the speeders (in moderation) that get the bad press.

Can some one invent "slow camera's" to irradicate these people from the roads :thumleft:

They they should either put both feet in or get the other out and put it back on the accelerator! Quit doing things by half and commit to either dieing or accelerating :lol:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
sketch

Post by sketch »

cantfindausername wrote: Quit doing things by half and commit to either dieing or accelerating :lol:

OMG ...PMSL :thumleft: 8)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Just be honest Fizz.....you were giving it your all and you lost
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

yesterday I was driving my mums car, a citroen xsara 2.0 HDI and was behind a volvo 850 in a NSL going 40, now I wanted to progress a bit, but with lots of trafic coming the otherway there was no chance of me overtaking so I stayed well behind, as I dont like to pressurise other cars and then after 2 miles or so, not a car insight so I build up my speed and overtake, just as im about past this volvo willy speeds up... I managed to get past, but im now doing about 80 leptons and he is GLUED to my bumper, next thing he comes screaming past, then we get to some traffic lights and he is revving the engine and bouncing it off the limiter ..... WTF is all that about?

some people just cant hack being overtaken.. if he'd of done the speed limit of 60 id have been happy to sit behind him anyway ](*,) ](*,)
cantfindausername

I fully condone public execution of this type of driver.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I think cars should have rocket launchers attached to them so bad drivers can be dealt with without having to put pressure on the police and courts.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:I had epic bad drivers last weekend.

On a large round about, 3 lanes, going straight over. Left lane is marked left turn only. So middle straight over, and with some common sense, right lane to turn right.

Right lane is for straight ahead as well unless specifically marked for turning right only.

I do that all the time outbrake on approach to roundabout, right hand lane then ahead by the exit. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “Driving Experiences”