Dont lock this Forum Please !!!!!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Do you want it locking ??

Poll ended at Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:22 am

Yes
No votes
Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 28

Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Dont lock this Forum Please !!!!!

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Dont lock this forum....its nice to be able to properly chat about peoples cars !!! instead of just making comments.
CosmosblueMR2

Re: Dont lock this Forum Please !!!!!

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

here here =D>

People can post updated pics for all to see - the garage is a great function but i do like this Forum too as you con browse quickly any major updates... with the garage even if they just update a slight bit of text then that appears as the most recently updated car..

(am I making any sense ?... I know what i mean anyway ](*,) :lol: )

why cant we have both PLEASE [-o< ? :tongue:
Last edited by CosmosblueMR2 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

DONT LOCK!! 8-[
Ms Croft

Post by Ms Croft »

why would this forum be locked? :shock:

I like this forum, its a chance for new members and existing members to post pictures of their MR2 up and for people to chat and give opinions!

It would be a shame if it was locked :(
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

100% so far.... people power rules Image
craig

Post by craig »

Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:Dont lock this forum....its nice to be able to properly chat about peoples cars !!! instead of just making comments.

Agreed!

DON'T LOCK!
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Made sticky...

Looks like general concenus is not to lock it...I have set the poll to stay open for 7 days...at the end we will have the answer...
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Don't think you are gonna be in any doubt over the result somehow Esmond :wink:

I mean who is actually gonna vote "yes" to scrapping / locking it ? :-s
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:Don't think you are gonna be in any doubt over the result somehow Esmond :wink:

I mean who is actually gonna vote "yes" to scrapping / locking it ? :-s

True...but just so the decision is made properly and not just as the result of one persons request...
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

poyntesm wrote:
True...but just so the decision is made properly and not just as the result of one persons request...

how very political :mrgreen: but agreed a week gives people enough time to air their views for and against :-k
redeye32uk

Post by redeye32uk »

RedMR² wrote:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:Dont lock this forum....its nice to be able to properly chat about peoples cars !!! instead of just making comments.

Agreed!

DON'T LOCK!

Snap, Don't lock it
450wbhp comming soon
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Why the hell would it be locked??

Sorry, I havent been around for a while due to a few issues that I have with the admin here.....everytime I come back I see something like this!! it's not a good message for newbies people!!!

SORT IT!!!

Paul.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Paul R wrote:Why the hell would it be locked??

Sorry, I havent been around for a while due to a few issues that I have with the admin here.....everytime I come back I see something like this!! it's not a good message for newbies people!!!

SORT IT!!!

Paul.

Paul,

I do not know what problem you have with the admin here but the member profile forum was created at the start of the new site since we did not have anyway like on the old site to show off your car. It always mentioned that the plan was to replace it. We then implimented car details and one picture in the profile and then I went on to develop the IMOC garage which allows you to show off your vehicle and for people to comment on it.

The ideas always was this would just be a temporary home for people to post there car...however people seem to like it so I am happy if the vote is for it to stay.

I do not see why we need to "SORT IT!!!" The site had the best vehicle profile system designed for it and members have asked for this forum to stay and I have said I am happy with that??

:? :?
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

SORT IT!!!

Paul.

why is it not good for the "newbies" ? - this thread shows that existing members care about the site - and more importantly the Moderators "listen" to the common people, put it to the vote and decisions are made in a transparent fashion.

certainly beats the "big brother" attitude of other forums i have seen.

I say hat's off to IMOC - and well done for listening to it's members =D>
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

SORT IT!!!

Paul.

why is it not good for the "newbies" ? - this thread shows that existing members care about the site - and more importantly the Moderators "listen" to the common people, put it to the vote and decisions are made in a transparent fashion.

certainly beats the "big brother" attitude of other forums i have seen.

I say hat's off to IMOC - and well done for listening to it's members =D>

Yes,

But we only get to vote on pointless things like this. Why put in a function then remove it?? Of course people arent going to want it removed if they have spent time putting details of their cars in.......

Paul.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Paul,

It was put in as a temporary way for people to post pictures of there cars. That function was replaced by the more complete garage. However people like the forum so it looks like it will stay.

Can you PM me what other issues have caused your concern and I will see if I can address any of them.

Regards
Esmond
IMOC-UK-Admin
Valentino MR2

Post by Valentino MR2 »

Paul R wrote:Why put in a function then remove it?? Of course people arent going to want it removed if they have spent time putting details of their cars in.......

Paul.

From what I can tell, this forum was put in place as a temporary measure until the garage and guestbook upgrade had been completed, it was going to be removed because the upgade is complete.
I think it should stay as it allows conversation about a persons vehicle not just a comment
Valentino MR2

Post by Valentino MR2 »

Damn I need to type quicker!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

What about if we made it a 'newbies introduce yourselves' type forum, we tend to mostly get that here anyhow? Of course it doesn't preclude existing oldies from showing off something new or different :D
T
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Forget that.

LOCK IT!!! :twisted:

Return to “Member Profiles”