Had a bit of fun with a 997 Turbo in Pat the Panda 100hp

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Had a bit of fun with a 997 Turbo in Pat the Panda 100hp

Post by Lauren »

There I was on the M56, when I noticed a 997 Turbo, well you couldn't fail to notice when he entered the motorway like an exocet missile.

Anyway come to my turn off and he pulls into the turn off lane a tad early. I see a chance to get ahead so slot in a bit in front. He's behind me at the lights and i'm at the front. So I go round and line up at the next set of lights in the left hand lane. Naturally he goes in the right lane.

So there we are, waiting to go. I looked over, gave him a 'nice car' type nod and noticed that he's holding on the clutch. As the lights change I thought sod it, give it a bit, so I get away cleanly. By the time I select 2nd gear at 6500rpm he is about a 100yards ahead, a 997 Turbo, perhaps unsurprisingly just literally takes off off the line. All good fun to watch mind and brightened up the drive home from work. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
excalibur1814

Naah

Post by excalibur1814 »

Reminds me of the time, at the lights, where my friend left my Mk1b for dust in his Integra Type R. Fantastic car
Martian_333

Re: Had a bit of fun with a 997 Turbo in Pat the Panda 100hp

Post by Martian_333 »

I remember trying to beat a Evo off the line (I was young and stupid, not many people had an Evo then) when I had a 306 GTi6 and it not suprisingly absolutely destroyed me, I thought there was something wrong with my car :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Martian_333 wrote:I remember trying to beat a Evo off the line (I was young and stupid, not many people had an Evo then) when I had a 306 GTi6 and it not suprisingly absolutely destroyed me, I thought there was something wrong with my car :lol:

GLOL!
craig

Post by craig »

Martian_333 wrote:I remember trying to beat a Evo off the line (I was young and stupid, not many people had an Evo then) when I had a 306 GTi6 and it not suprisingly absolutely destroyed me, I thought there was something wrong with my car :lol:

Classic!! :clap: :lol:
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

911 turbos are awesome. I would choose one over a Gt3 if I had the choice, mainly because I think I could use the performance more of the time on the road, and still have a blast on the track.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

so when are you going to modify pat the panda so it eats 997's for brekki?? :mrgreen: :eye:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

There's so many varients I dont know which is which. Is the 997 the one that has both launch control and overboost?
I reckon you'd have had him if he didnt have those :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

RobCrezz wrote:911 turbos are awesome. I would choose one over a Gt3 if I had the choice, mainly because I think I could use the performance more of the time on the road, and still have a blast on the track.

GT3 & GT3RS are my favourite, if I could afford one of those I'd be doing a fair amount of trackdays and I think it would have a better balance on track than a turbo. :+:
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Lauren wrote:
RobCrezz wrote:911 turbos are awesome. I would choose one over a Gt3 if I had the choice, mainly because I think I could use the performance more of the time on the road, and still have a blast on the track.

GT3 & GT3RS are my favourite, if I could afford one of those I'd be doing a fair amount of trackdays and I think it would have a better balance on track than a turbo. :+:

totally agree. But for the 90% of the time on the road (with our winter and rain etc) I would be happier in the turbo I think. And if I had a 911 turbo, I would drive it all the time. Im sure the turbo is still fun on the track, but im sure you are right that the Gt3 would be amazing on the track.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

RobCrezz wrote:
Lauren wrote:

totally agree. But for the 90% of the time on the road (with our winter and rain etc) I would be happier in the turbo I think. And if I had a 911 turbo, I would drive it all the time. Im sure the turbo is still fun on the track, but im sure you are right that the Gt3 would be amazing on the track.

You forget, public roads are Laurens race track ;)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:

Is this your new catchphrase or something?
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lauren wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

Is this your new catchphrase or something?

It's yours :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Great comeback Matt :lol: :lol:

:wink:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I figure if I say it enough it'll stick lol. Not to mention, by the rules of IMOC, Lauren isn't aloud to say it about herself so I'm technically doing Lauren a favour :thumleft:
jim-mapps

Post by jim-mapps »

There was... it was French :thumleft:
Boys from the Dwarf are coming back!
greeny

Post by greeny »

I wondered how long he was laughing for afterwards about the fact that a panda had tried to race his german masterpiece :clown:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

greeny wrote:I wondered how long he was laughing for afterwards about the fact that a panda had tried to race his german masterpiece :clown:

I doubt he even noticed tbh lol. You only tend to notice some one trying to race you when they are keeping up :lol:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

:lol:
1993 GT TURBO
dan1

Post by dan1 »

pulled up at the lights next to a woman in a carrera 4s and she gunned it :oops: the ease that this thing just fired off up the road was shocking so smooth :shock: just added to the fact not worth spending thousands on my car when its just not in the same league ](*,)

Return to “Driving Experiences”