SVA modifications, help!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RiX-007

SVA modifications, help!

Post by RiX-007 »

Hi People.

A friend bought an imported Mk2 Turbo a while ago and has just tried to have it MOT'd. It failed because the front side lights are orange and there are no rear fog lights. I thouht these mods should have been done by the importer to pass an SVA, but he doesn't want to go and argue with the dealer for some reason.

Anyway, does anybody know where he would be able to get hold of clear lens for the front side lights and how to fit them?

He is getting a cheap add on fog light put on the rear, but my MR2 had proper conversion job done on the rear light clusters, but I can't remember how it was done, can anyone shed some light on this for us?

Thank you all for your help.

RiX.
AM TUNING

Re: SVA modifications, help!

Post by AM TUNING »

u will need some uk front side lights
and wire the inner off the two brake lights up for a rear fog lights ,
u will have to wire in a saprate swich up that lights when they are on

hope this makes sence

ps i have some lens for sale if they help u?
Neil Clark

Post by Neil Clark »

Kelvyn

Post by Kelvyn »

If its been in the country long enough it wouldn't have needed an SVA test, however that means the previous owner(s) might have been getting dodgy MoT's. Either that or the car was returned to standard condition before it was sold to your mate. Rear fog light(s) are a legal requirement, there's no way you could pass an MoT let alone SVA without them.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”