First police chase I've seen

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

First police chase I've seen

Post by tonigmr2 »

Came by me like a bat out of hell and they t-packed him right in front of me. :shock: The speed they do these things at isn't well conveyed on Police Camera Action! I was doing a touch over 70 and I felt I was going backwards.

Running from the police in a Skodia Octavia. #-o On the M3 this afternoon, they wouldn't let him off at the junction and forced him over to the hard shoulder just after, I was at the front of the rolling road block. Never seen so many cop cars, they do like to get involved with a chase.

T :whistle:
Tiny

Re: First police chase I've seen

Post by Tiny »

could have been a slightly different story had it been your car :lol:
Last edited by Tiny on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve b

Post by steve b »

On new years day last year I had a car come at me the wrong way down a dual carriage way, followed by (on the correct side); as said in Terminator 2 "All of them".
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Saw one police chase but nothing special, just someone flying away in a stolen car with the police behind.

Saw some idiots in a stolen car forcing their way through traffic on the way home from work. Looked in my rear mirror and this old sierra was overtaking cars in town with cars comming the other way forcing them off the road, then it forced its way past me and a few others and flew off at 70mph+ in a 30 zone!! :shock:
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

its prety scary stuff.

I see one on the way home from Jaspas earlier this year. Was a bloke in a BMW and it was absoloutley flying! there was police cars coming frpm anywhere and everywhere. When they had him a few miles down the road up on a reservation barrier they had loads of things out in bags as what i can only assume was drugs. It was a rather New M3 so i can only guess it was drugs or something similar.

There are a farfew around the ghetto ends of kent, you hear the chopper out on a regular basis.

Most recent was a bunch in a beat up old R5 driving down a alley near my girlfriends. they parked a riot truck at the alley exit and they had no where to go.

Worst one was a 17 year old lad did a runner in a metro abour 8 years ago now, came into the highstreet pretty fast and caught a kerb at a mini roundabout and chucked himelf into the window of a estate agents and that was the end of him!

It makes me mad the way these drivers really do not give a monkeys about anyone else on the road! All because they have done something wrong and dont want to facethe law! It makes me wounder what goes through their heads some times!
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

I bet if the driver trying to get away in that new M3 had good car skills he would have probably lost them, its one hell of a fast car :D

Also most cars stolen and in police chases wont even be able to out run a police car anyway so whats the point.

Plus you get the under age joy riders that are about 13 and have stolen about 100 cars but due to their age they are just set free to do it all again
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

I love these Police Camera action vids sometimes.

They are hilarious, they never show anyone in a fast car... why? Becuase they get away!

I did see one a while back, with an Mr2 turbo.... It was being followed by the helicopter and was SOOO much faster than their pursuit cars.

He did get caught in the end though. Darn Helicopters! lol.

I also remmeber guys in Scooby and Evo's getting away and just ditching the cars never to be found again.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

shibby! wrote:I did see one a while back, with an Mr2 turbo.... It was being followed by the helicopter and was SOOO much faster than their pursuit cars.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I believe it was an NA :thumleft:
Bank robbers in Manchester.

And it ended up in a head on collision (or at least hit someone head on with the side of the MR2).

And the woman in the other car had terrible trouble with her insurance company, they wouldn't believe it wasn't her fault - she ended up sending them the video :thumleft:
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

It was a blue one. Was driven down stairs etc.

It certaily accelerated like a turbo does.

Dont remmeber what exaclty happened, was quite a while ago.

nick
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

shibby! wrote: Darn Helicopters! lol..

We were buying a car from some trader guy in Glasgow and he said if you put a house door over your head the helicopter cant see you. WTF LOL how many people in a police chase have a house door with them to try it out :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

shibby! wrote:It was a blue one. Was driven down stairs etc.

I remember that one too, I'm sure it was an NA also :thumleft:
inky

Post by inky »

I saw one of my old cars on Police Camera Action, a yellow Metro.

Stuck behind a bus in Coventry and the traffic lights kept changing but the bus didn't move. So it went on the pavement on the left, under an overhang thing, and passed. This was by The Eclipse (shows how long ago that was) by Tony's chip shop.

Back then I only had a provisional and everyone I knew would borrow that old banger now and then, but I never heard anything from the bogies about it.
sketch

Post by sketch »

inky wrote:I saw one of my old cars on Police Camera Action, a yellow Metro.

Cor I remember seeing that and saying "thats in town!" :lol:

(when I lived there)
inky

Post by inky »

I was in a pub in Newcastle when I saw it, took me by surprise :lol:

All I can think is that they pulled whoever it was over, had a serious word then let them go, cos nobody came up to me and said "Er Geoff, I've just been stopped up the road ..."
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

The best Police, Camera, Action I watched was about 10 years ago (if not more).

A Porsche 911 on the M5, left the cops behind, and even the police helicopter was being left behind! (They only do about 150 ish).

Awesome video. Anyone remember it?
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
fizz

Post by fizz »

aye... i remember that porka one. cant remember how it ended though but i remember the camera in the chopper lost it into the distance i think.

With regards to police chases... I was driving down the M/A23 to brighton a few months back when on the other side a car was blocked into the central reservation barrier in the fast lane by about 7/8 cop cars! I remember seeing his head drop as he came to a stop after the chase... this was in broad daylight as well!
NJMR2Fan

Best Police Chase

Post by NJMR2Fan »

The best Police chase I saw was ummmmm.....today... From behind the wheel of our new 2009 blacked out Dodge Charger Stealth police car. My partner and I were sitting on route 21, local three lane highway her in the States, when a stolen vehicle BOLO (Be On the Look Out) comes out over the air... Stolen 30 seconds in the past a Blue BMW bearing license plate Lima Yankee... "there it is I screamed" as it blows past us on a side street. And as quickly as my partner hands me his coffee cup, i'm dumping it out the window like a scene from every old police show. And our Hemi engine squeezing the life out of all 340 horses to get to speed. I have never been so happy to be rid of our old Ford Crown VIctorias like today, because seconds later we were all over this guy, turn for turn, straight for straight until he finally wrecked the car into another parked car and tried to bail out and make a run for it. After a sprint of about 30 yards he was face down on some very hard asphalt. One car thief in custody. Best thing about today...besides the memories... I get to go back ad do it all over again tomorrow. :D
JohnnyC

Re: Best Police Chase

Post by JohnnyC »

NJMR2Fan wrote:seconds later we were all over this guy, turn for turn, straight for straight until he finally wrecked the car into another parked car

Any hint of danger (to the crim or public) and our police are forced to give up the chase #-o

NJMR2Fan wrote:One car thief in custody. Best thing about today...besides the memories... I get to go back ad do it all over again tomorrow. :D

Our police get to do the same again the next day - against the very same crims. Thanks largely to our justice system #-o

Huzzah for England \:D/
NJMR2Fan

Re: Best Police Chase

Post by NJMR2Fan »

JohnnyC wrote:
NJMR2Fan wrote:seconds later we were all over this guy, turn for turn, straight for straight until he finally wrecked the car into another parked car

Any hint of danger (to the crim or public) and our police are forced to give up the chase #-o

NJMR2Fan wrote:One car thief in custody. Best thing about today...besides the memories... I get to go back ad do it all over again tomorrow. :D

Our police get to do the same again the next day - against the very same crims. Thanks largely to our justice system #-o

Huzzah for England \:D/

Well yes, we as well have to give up the chase as soon as things look dicey. Of course this all ended so quickly that there was never a chance for a commander to call off the chase. Normally though, they either never get going or theyre called off too quickly, hence this being the best chase!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

So do you have an in-car camera. :eye:

Return to “Driving Experiences”