anything going on over xmas?

Thinking of arranging an event, looking for an event in an area - ask in here!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

krista-mr2

anything going on over xmas?

Post by krista-mr2 »

I need to get out and about, anything going on anywhere?
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Re: anything going on over xmas?

Post by Scott Barton »

Bit of a funny time of the year when it comes to events to be honest. Short days, wet weather, ice, salt on the roads..lots of reasons for cars to be tucked up in heated garages......well mine for instance..ha ha! :wink:
2009 however....am aiming for it to be the best show year ever... watch this space. :thumleft:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

If you are free tomorrow, there is a Bearding session in Hindhead.

Good excuse to remember the muscles that you never use and lets you appreciate the warmth of your home afterwards O:)

Stuart
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

yeah we will be replacing the water pump on my mk1 tomorrow at mine

I will be providing food coffee pizza and the like.

Be good to have a chimbo/New year meet on one of those awkward days between the two. Perfect exscuse to get away from all the sales shopping and weird relatives that smell faintly of cabbage and biscuits
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

There's the xmas memorial run for spittinflames and gibbo, bit far north for you though I expect!

Edit: that appears to have moved to January. Whoops!
krista-mr2

Post by krista-mr2 »

toxo wrote:There's the xmas memorial run for spittinflames and gibbo, bit far north for you though I expect!

nothings too far north for me..where abouts is there more details?
krista-mr2

Post by krista-mr2 »

Only reason im itching for some excitment is, may sound silly but i havnt been behind the wheel for ages since my mr2 was stolen and my husband left! am picking up an mr2 this weekend..so very much looking forward to getting back into the fun of things!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

There was talk of running the milton keynes meet this month. It happens on the 4th Sunday of every month which would put it on the 27th... PM Dave (oddshoes) and ask him!
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

krista-mr2 wrote:Only reason im itching for some excitment is, may sound silly but i havnt been behind the wheel for ages since my mr2 was stolen and my husband left! am picking up an mr2 this weekend..so very much looking forward to getting back into the fun of things!

Oh yeah what happened with that wasnt that the Landlord or something?
krista-mr2

Post by krista-mr2 »

Tiny wrote:
krista-mr2 wrote:Only reason im itching for some excitment is, may sound silly but i havnt been behind the wheel for ages since my mr2 was stolen and my husband left! am picking up an mr2 this weekend..so very much looking forward to getting back into the fun of things!

yeah was the landlord. police couldnt do a thing in the end! they said that i had to prove he stole it!! ok... so yeah he still has my car and wont return it even if i payed him so its a court matter.
krista-mr2

Post by krista-mr2 »

toxo wrote:There was talk of running the milton keynes meet this month. It happens on the 4th Sunday of every month which would put it on the 27th... PM Dave (oddshoes) and ask him!
ah thats not too far! will give him a pm. thanks
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

krista-mr2 wrote:
Tiny wrote:

yeah was the landlord. police couldnt do a thing in the end! they said that i had to prove he stole it!! ok... so yeah he still has my car and wont return it even if i payed him so its a court matter.

Actually if its an allegation of theft its their job to do reasonable investigations into the matter to prove it, not yours. Civil claim yes it would be, but that would be compensation / return of the vehicle and it would be up to you to prove it then.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Well done for buying a new Mk1 Krista.. any pictures? Let me know if you come to the MK meet, it would be nice to see another Mk1 there! :thumleft:

Ollie
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
krista-mr2

Post by krista-mr2 »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:Well done for buying a new Mk1 Krista.. any pictures? Let me know if you come to the MK meet, it would be nice to see another Mk1 there! :thumleft:

Ollie

no pics yet..picking it up saturday!! its the sherwood tone that was for sale. i know its not a supercharger but going to do it up and restore it :-)

Return to “Events Discussion”