calling all guruuuuuus!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Fonzy

calling all guruuuuuus!

Post by Fonzy »

:lol: back from me hols and gonna get the beasty finished but want to confirm i am setting the timing belt correctly!

I have set my tru time adjustable cam pulleys at zero and rotated them to the timing marks on the cam cover, i have fitting the alternator pully to the crank and aligned it the zero mark on the lower belt cover, i then fitted the belt, set the tention, and rotated the crank clockwise, on complete rotation the marks all realigned, am I finished is it done?????????
Thanx Fonzy
AM TUNING

Re: calling all guruuuuuus!

Post by AM TUNING »

yes buy the sounds off it you are,

but when ever i do cam timing i remove the rocker cover and adlign the marks on the cam with the marks on the cam caps ,,

it allows for better timimg
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Fonzy wrote::lol: back from me hols and gonna get the beasty finished but want to confirm i am setting the timing belt correctly!

I have set my tru time adjustable cam pulleys at zero and rotated them to the timing marks on the cam cover, i have fitting the alternator pully to the crank and aligned it the zero mark on the lower belt cover, i then fitted the belt, set the tention, and rotated the crank clockwise, on complete rotation the marks all realigned, am I finished is it done?????????
Thanx Fonzy

dont you need two full rotations to re-align everything?

Paul.
Owen @ Kent Car Craft

Post by Owen @ Kent Car Craft »

Yep El'Fonzo,whip the rocker cover off and have a look at the cams,the first two lobes should face outwards at TDC (check the BGB,i'm pretty sure thats right)
Can you send me some pics of your set-up now matey?it's been a while!!:D:D:D and maybe i'll send you some pics of my built engine if you lucky.
Owen

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”