Labour trading?

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hobbes

Labour trading?

Post by hobbes »

Not sure if that's what it's called, but I've seen it in other places. It's where members help each other out by exchanging an equal ammount of time in their own field/job/skill.

e.g.

Bloke 1 is a joiner to trade and needs a head gasket (or something) replaced on his car but can't do it himself. He puts a posting up asking for assistance, and his location.

Bloke 2 (who's a mechanic) reads the posting and is looking for a joiner to do some work round the house.

They then do an equal amount of LABOUR for each other (each party is responsible for their own cost of materials/bits). You could put in the Subject line something like 'Bricklayer looking for solicitor in Oxford'. It doesn't matter how much you normaly get paid to do your work, you'd be exchanging time on an hour-for-hour basis here.

Just a thought.
FonZe

Re: Labour trading?

Post by FonZe »

like the stone masons!!! ;) i scratch your back you scratch mine ;)
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

FonZe wrote:like the stone masons!!! ;) i scratch your back you scratch mine ;)

It works, though! I'm in a 'mafia' at work, where we have a different representative in all the major departments. When you want something done...you get something done! :D

Something like what Hobbes is suggesting is a great idea. :thumright:
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by FonZe »

Nige wrote:
FonZe wrote:like the stone masons!!! ;) i scratch your back you scratch mine ;)

It works, though! I'm in a 'mafia' at work, where we have a different representative in all the major departments. When you want something done...you get something done! :D

Something like what Hobbes is suggesting is a great idea. :thumright:

Nige, i wasnt moking it mate, sorry if it came across that way. its a damn good idea fella :)
g14nnh

Post by g14nnh »

yeah it is a good idea, people in trades are always good at looking after each other, things get done that way and usually a lot cheaper too
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

FonZe wrote:Nige, i wasnt moking it mate, sorry if it came across that way. its a damn good idea fella :)

I know you weren't! :)

My skill to trade: very good at smashing things up. Any offers? :D
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by FonZe »

Nige wrote:
FonZe wrote:Nige, i wasnt moking it mate, sorry if it came across that way. its a damn good idea fella :)

I know you weren't! :)

My skill to trade: very good at smashing things up. Any offers? :D

I can eat copious amounts of jam if that’s any use to any one? \:D/
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

I can give someone a room to crash in in London for the night in exchange for MR2 work.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”