where can i find a stainless steel manifold for my mk3?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

kingmodest

where can i find a stainless steel manifold for my mk3?

Post by kingmodest »

right been looking everywhere for a stainless steeel manifold for my mk3 mr2. and its not happening! :( i can find one on ebay but it in the usa. the reason i need to replace is when taking out the precats me and my mate managed to thread the oxy sensors putting them back in and we had to weld them in! oopss! but now ive got a ecu light on and im sure (pretty much) its the oxy sensory! so its gonna be new manifold and 2 sensors. but where else could i look for a stainless steel manifold? thanks to anyone who can magicaly help!
Ekona

Re: where can i find a stainless steel manifold for my mk3?

Post by Ekona »

Use eBay, you can get hold of the Che manifold on there which is a copy of the TRD one. I think he goes under the name of jdmhondaparts or something like that, but he's a real decent guy and well known over on ROC and Spyderchat.

Alternatively you could post over on ROC and see if anyone's got an old manifold for sale, will be pre-cat free and have some decent sensor holes too ;)
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Or you could but the Zero manifold or you could buy the PPE manifold.
I think the PPE comes from the USA but I do know the Zero is made over here in good old blighty (cos I've got one :wink:)

Its dearer than the che but its a much better bit of kit
http://www.zeroexhausts.co.uk/
kingmodest

Post by kingmodest »

cheers for the help guys! went fir theche a it saved me 20 quid! Lol and with having to buy 2 oxysensors i ab try save a litle money that way! oh and one more thing imay as well go whole hog. Decat pipe anyone know where i can get one? thanks again! :-)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Don't bother, you'll fail MOTs and lose torque unless you chip and remap for it.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

FWIW on Oxy sensors - I'd buy the expensive Mr T ones - I tried some generic ~£30 sensors on my Turbo conversion ( which uses just the one sesnor ) and had problems with hesitation / stalling at junctions.

The Mr T one seems to respond more rapidly to changes in the fuel mix.

Ben
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

ekona wrote:Don't bother, you'll fail MOTs and lose torque unless you chip and remap for it.

Yep you'd be better spending the extra on the manifold
kingmodest

Post by kingmodest »

well ordered the manifold that was suggested 2 days ago (from usa) and ordered 2x walker oxy sensors while i was at it, also usa. i hope there gonna be ok then! :-k
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Those Walker Oxy sensors - where did you order them from in the USA ?
kingmodest

Post by kingmodest »

BenF wrote:Those Walker Oxy sensors - where did you order them from in the USA ?
http://oxygensensors.com/ why you ask mate? please dont tell me there crap or the company doesnt exist anymore! :(
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

You could always check out the O2 sensor thread on MR2ROC

Clicky clicky
excalibur1814

Nice

Post by excalibur1814 »

Mine arrived today from 'jdmhondaparts' and I'll put up some pics tomorrow if interested. It arrived fast but I have a feeling that the guy's feedback is suffering from plebs. An e-mail also states that when you leave feedback ebay will 'auto' leave feedback for you... Ummm?

Either way, great service.
DannyN

Re: Nice

Post by DannyN »

excalibur1814 wrote:ebay will 'auto' leave feedback for you...

What does that mean ?
excalibur1814

Nice

Post by excalibur1814 »

He means:

Once you leave positive feedback, ebay will auto trigger and leave positive feedback for you, as the buyer.

What he really means:

I don't want to get any more negative feedback and thus if I don't leave feedback then a dissapointed buyer will probably not leave negative fb in case I do the same.

He's trying to avoid negative feedback. He does sound like a great person though from rading the mails he's sent
kingmodest

Re: Nice

Post by kingmodest »

excalibur1814 wrote:Mine arrived today from 'jdmhondaparts' and I'll put up some pics tomorrow if interested. It arrived fast but I have a feeling that the guy's feedback is suffering from plebs. An e-mail also states that when you leave feedback ebay will 'auto' leave feedback for you... Ummm?

Either way, great service.
how fast is fast please? lol
excalibur1814

Word

Post by excalibur1814 »

He posted the item on Monday! :D
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

If it's Che then he does seem a very genuine guy who has replaced various bits of kit that have become faulty, no questions asked

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”