Mounting MBC in the centre console

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

EarL

Mounting MBC in the centre console

Post by EarL »

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of mouting my MBC in the lower space of the centre console. Is there any place though the firewall that's easy to get a couple of silicon hoses through?

Thanks in advance,

EarL.
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Re: Mounting MBC in the centre console

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

Yup. There sure is.

If you remove the plastic that runs along the door sill (driver side), and the plastic cover over the rear speaker, and lift the carpet thats on the firewall behind the driver seat. There there is a grommet where a few cables already use. Get a load of hosing, and just thread it through. And thread it through until you can see it hanging out the bottom of the car from round by the intercooler. If you can't see it, you haven't threaded enough through. plug it all up, pull out some of the slack but not all so there's room for a little movement.

done!

HTH
Luke
EarL

Post by EarL »

Yow's a star mucker. Thought there might be.

Cool as 8)
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

No probs :wink:

Shout if you get stuck or anything..
CharlesK

Post by CharlesK »

I suppose you will be doing that in order to be able to adjust boost from your cokpit, but just keep in mind that with long hoses from the turbo to the actuator you run the risk of some serious boost spikes/overboost...
That's why I'd say to you to either get an EBC or leave the MBC in the engine compartment.
EarL

Post by EarL »

CharlesK wrote:I suppose you will be doing that in order to be able to adjust boost from your cokpit, but just keep in mind that with long hoses from the turbo to the actuator you run the risk of some serious boost spikes/overboost...
That's why I'd say to you to either get an EBC or leave the MBC in the engine compartment.

I thought about that last night, so I've decided to use two MBC's in the engine bay (one set to std, and the other to 15PSI), with a solonoid valve between the two. That way, I can have a switch on the dash to switch between high and low boost.

Thanks for the info guys. :thumleft:

EarL.
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

I'm sure Grainger already do a valve that has a switch which is meant to be cockpit mounted, and has a hi/low setting. Can't remember where I saw it. I'll have a little looky later if I get a chance.
EarL

Post by EarL »

Skywalker wrote:I'm sure Grainger already do a valve that has a switch which is meant to be cockpit mounted, and has a hi/low setting. Can't remember where I saw it. I'll have a little looky later if I get a chance.

Cool! Cheers.
zero

Post by zero »

Do you mean this one.

http://www.dawesdevices.com/powerpack.html

Or just build one yoursellf one like i did :D

I managed to get all the fittings from work :D

HTH

Zero
EarL