wolfs in sheeps clothing how embarrasing

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
33%
Stupid
No votes
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
67%

Total votes: 6

simonb

wolfs in sheeps clothing how embarrasing

Post by simonb »

original post removed due to nature of poll options.

i have been on this wbsite for one day and think it atouch insulting to have a poll put on with negative response options like i would like to hit you with a stick. having spent time in hospital after a beating with a base ball bat, i don't think a poll like that is app.
Last edited by simonb on Mon May 23, 2005 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
W0mbat

Post by W0mbat »

my friend owns a standard looking (apart from alloys and lowering) audi A4.

it's got an turbo charged RS4 engine in it and has been tuned to the nuts. it's way faster than his Noble GTO and i would hazard one of the fastest cars around.

sobering thought.

but i don't think it's an embarrassment to be owned by these cars, i think it's pretty cool not all people want 'more show than go'
excalibur1814

Oww

Post by excalibur1814 »

Well... If Paul can slap a Mk2 turbo into a Mk1 then heaven knows what you can put in a golf or Nova.

Scary! :-k
Steve Horrocks

Re: wolfs in sheeps clothing how embarrasing

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Loads of people put the 2.0 16v (C20XE) engine in & equally, loads of people go for the 2.0 Turbo (C20LET), both excellent engines & esp the tubby, rapid as fook!

My mate has both an XE nova (rusty chunk for work run scarin Scoobies) and a LET which is his pride & joy
Click for Mates Turbo

Click for mid engine rear drive??

One of the guys on migweb has just ran a 12.7 1/4mile with a turbo engine, fully road legal, full interior etc, QUICK!

Click here
Essex MR2

Post by Essex MR2 »

Had a trip to Santa Pod last year and saw a fully kitted up R33 GTR Skyline sitting at the start line next to a standard(ish) looking Nova.

Everyone in the stand was wetting themselves laughing at the poor Nova....... anyway the lights go green and the GTR gets a bad start meaning the Nova gets away in front much to everyones suprise..................

half way down the quarter and we're all waiting for the skyline to leave the Nova for dead but the Nova's still pulling away :?

By the end of the quarter the Nova had convincingly beaten the skyline and nobody could quite believe it. Caught it all on camera as well. The skyline driver was so embarassed he drove straight out of the car park and left without stopping.

Found out after the Nova was running a 300bhp Calibra turbo engine with the 4x4 running gear and a 100 shot of NOS. Still it must've been worth the effort and expense just for that moment!!! 8)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Essex MR2 wrote:Had a trip to Santa Pod last year and saw a fully kitted up R33 GTR Skyline sitting at the start line next to a standard(ish) looking Nova.

Everyone in the stand was wetting themselves laughing at the poor Nova....... anyway the lights go green and the GTR gets a bad start meaning the Nova gets away in front much to everyones suprise..................

half way down the quarter and we're all waiting for the skyline to leave the Nova for dead but the Nova's still pulling away :?

By the end of the quarter the Nova had convincingly beaten the skyline and nobody could quite believe it. Caught it all on camera as well. The skyline driver was so embarassed he drove straight out of the car park and left without stopping.

Found out after the Nova was running a 300bhp Calibra turbo engine with the 4x4 running gear and a 100 shot of NOS. Still it must've been worth the effort and expense just for that moment!!! 8)

CLASSIC!!!!!!!
lol
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

jimGTS wrote:
Essex MR2 wrote:Had a trip to Santa Pod last year and saw a fully kitted up R33 GTR Skyline sitting at the start line next to a standard(ish) looking Nova.

CLASSIC!!!!!!!
lol

:shock: ......lol
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Simonb

It wasn't personal we attach it to ALL posts in this section due to the daft stories we get. So don't be offended.

T
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

that nova was merely a nova shell.

Return to “Driving Experiences”