Fixed! BIG Thankyou to Rogue!

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_bakermk1

Fixed! BIG Thankyou to Rogue!

Post by matt_bakermk1 »

Finally sorted the problem this sat thanks to Patrick!

After 2-3 weeks of running like a dog intermittently, my car went to Coventry (nearly didn't make it thanks to it getting really bad on the way, had to drive either full throttle or no throttle most of the way on the M40!) and after a few part swaps, managed to narrow it down to an earth wire that wasn't connected.

After swapping the MAP sensor (no change), tried the ecu, it was almost fingers crossed that this was duff - would have been a great excuse to buy that Power FC I want - but nope, just a poxy bloomin wire floating free causing sooo much grief. Once again, full credit to Patrick for helping me out and for his excellent methodical approach to working out was wrong.

Anyway, thank god it's sorted, its just soo good having my car back driving well.

Major happy this week now :D :D
Tallbloke

Re: Fixed! BIG Thankyou to Rogue!

Post by Tallbloke »

Nice one matey - wasn't the thorttle position sensor then :oops:

Good to hear its all back ok tho.

Chris
matt_bakermk1

Re: Fixed! BIG Thankyou to Rogue!

Post by matt_bakermk1 »

cheers mate, no not the tps, tried that again later on and after a little while it would resume its bad idle again! Bizarrely it did seem to fix itself for a few days, and just as I'd called Rogue Systems to cancel my booking, sure enough a day later it went pete tong again. ](*,) So like I said, a massive thanks to Rogue for still being able to fit me in at the last minute \:D/

Return to “Electrical”