Help battery goes flat like after 2-3hours!!!

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

C82PER

Help battery goes flat like after 2-3hours!!!

Post by C82PER »

this has been brought up time and time but this is stressin me

i put my lowering springs on, then the same night i was driving and three lights came on my dash
- the battery and two others i dont know what there called but they are all red. these keep going on and off which leads me to think something has came lose due to the uprated springs????

the next day i tried to start her and nothin happened, not even turned over? i jumped it and it started up but every time i leave it a little bit its dead again??

If anyone can help it would be great

thanks
AM TUNING

Re: Help battery goes flat like after 2-3hours!!!

Post by AM TUNING »

u have a dead alternator,,

check the back of the alternator is it hot when the engine has not been running and there is battery charge

same hapopened to me the other day it back feeds into the alternator and drains the battery
C82PER

Post by C82PER »

So i need a new alternator!!
so your sayin that the battery will die because it goes back into the dead alternator??

you think my battery will be ok after a new alternator??

thanks dude
Dame

Post by Dame »

To confirm that the alternator is not charging, get hold of a volt metre, remove spare tyre etc. from the front boot to get you access to the battery. With the engine running the voltage should read around 14.5. If it's reading significantly less than this i.e. 12 or thereabouts, the alternator is not charging the battery.

If you replace the alternator your battery will no longer go flat.

Return to “Electrical”