unnerving experience on the A1 today !!!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
50%
Just having a laugh
No votes
Stupid
25%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
25%

Total votes: 4

phild

unnerving experience on the A1 today !!!

Post by phild »

Driving south on the A1 just North of Sandy this afternoon, doing about 50 as the traffic was starting to get a bit heavy and was following a Foreign lorry in the outside lane. The lorry eventually managed to overtake another lorry it had been "racing" for the last few miles and pulled onto the inside lane. I started pulling past the lorry when all of a sudden it started pulling out again with me being sandwiched between it and the central reservation !!! Que squeeling brakes, then loads of bumps as I over ran the grass and loud honking of horn as I just managed to pull back before the lorry was completley over. javascript:emoticon(':shock:')
Shocked
The guy following me nearly rear ended me as well apparently as did the car behind him. I am not a nervous driver but I (and the car behind me) pulled over at the supermarket on the roundabout for a few minutes for me to collect my thoughts and for him to check the back of his car.
If foreign lorry drivers are allowed to drive on our roads then they should be made to have a special mirror so they can see out of their passengers window and see what is overtaking them !!! I am so mad.javascript:emoticon(':x')
Mad
phild

Re: unnerving experience on the A1 today !!!

Post by phild »

doh...didn't mean to have a poll...just don't answer it
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

i voted for the "so idiotic" option on the poll but it's aimed at Johnny foreigner, not you. what an @ss! they shouldn't be allowed on our roads, or at least restricted to night driving only as then they would see the headlights of the people overtaking them.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

I've seen footage of exactly that happen, on one of those Police Camera Action shows. Was a Supra that got squashed though - still drivable though as it seemed to go after the lorry after being squished a bit.
Sleep-O

Post by Sleep-O »

my dad drives a LHD Artic and he has a camera on the step (where you get in) Can see everything at car level. They should be compulsory on all trucks, however car drivers need more training as some can be rather stupid sometimes, obviously you werent on this occasion.

I drive class 2 LGV's and have cars sit by the side of the truck right in the blind spot :roll: . Foot down and get gone. Thats what I say. Glad your OK :wink:

Return to “Driving Experiences”