Complete dick in an MPV!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GeoffC320

Complete dick in an MPV!

Post by GeoffC320 »

Coming home last night, came across one of those imported Jap MPVs being driven quite aggressively. It was on a dual carriageway and eventually he had gone over into the left hand lane and I found myself with a clear road ahead as I came out of a roundabout with him just ahead.

As I went to go past (bearing in mind I was already in the right hand lane all round the roundabout) ...WTF...he just goes to pull out on me. I put my foot down a bit and he pulls back in...only to do it again. This time I gave him the horn...he pulled back in then straight out again. By now the missus was giving me a bit of grief so I let him go.

There was nobody behind me trying to come through, and believe me I wasn't likely to be holding him up once past :wink: ...why oh why do people have to do that? :evil:
g14nnh

Re: Complete dick in an MPV!

Post by g14nnh »

what a fool :evil:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

A mate of mine had that the other week whilst driving his TVR Chimeara (I was passenger), and the other guy was in a Volvo C40 with his wife and kiddy.

Difference was that after he swerved out, he stopped (blocking the road) and actually got out of the car and started walking towards us. Luckily my mate did the sensible thing and did a very quick 180 and drove away. It just wasn't worth it.
Redrummo

Post by Redrummo »

I hate people you drive like a tit and then block the road get out and try to beat their "logic" into you! :thumbdown:

Hope you gave him the bird as you went.
aaronjb

Post by aaronjb »

I had a pedestrian (waiting at a crossing) giving me gestures earlier - I assume he thought I was going (or accellerating) too fast.. though I was only doing 30..

Must admit I saw red :( Did an emergency stop, and was about to get out and crack some heads when I noticed there was a car rapidly approaching, so I sped off.

I must be getting short tempered in my old age :(
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

once had a real old timer raise his walking stick and shake it in the air - he shouted "it's a 30 you know" at me, i was doing under 30 at the time, so i guess he wanted me to go faster ! LOL !

saying that , i've been told by a few people that the nur spec SOUNDS like you're going fast even when you're just going slow.
Frustrated Pilot

Post by Frustrated Pilot »

lol beat their logic...

you guys need a 'pacifier' with you
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

The amount of times I overtake a car doing 70mph. Then pull in safely....only for the car to overtake me then slow down to 65mph.... :-k ok I'll overtake again.......well 'slap my thigh' they do it again......I aint racing mate....just going to work......get on with yer driving.... :| why do people do this? driving isn't fun and games all the time....
anna

Post by anna »

Sometimes its waranted tho.
The amount of times that I judge that someone should be able to overtake me before hitting the slower traffic in the left lane, so I pull over, for them to just sit on my rear quarter - not trying to overtake - and not pulling over to the left lane to let anyone going faster behind them through.

People in the faster lanes should always be looking out for cars in the left hand lanes who are approaching slower moving traffic, and should let them out - afterall it's because of their courtesey in moving out of the way that allow the faster peeps to get past.....
Anyway - just my opinion. If people are just swerving around for no reason, then they are probably heading for an accident.

Return to “Driving Experiences”