my modded rev1 turbo against 2 different STIs

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nightSpirit

my modded rev1 turbo against 2 different STIs

Post by nightSpirit »

Not driven the 2 in over 3 weeks...so took it out last night for a quick spin. Was driving up a local road in north manchester called broadway (a627) great road for driving along at speeds.

Got about half way up waiting for the oil temp to rise and a new 2005? silver JDM STI Impreza joined the traffic infront of me...I waved, they all turned and waved (4 in the car all mid 20s like...cough...myself) so I knew I was in for a bit of fun.

He floored it and I just stayed on his bumper...both waiting for traffic to clear further up on the bend to open it up. Still on his bumper the traffic pulled out of the way and we both floored it...I just stayed on his bumper, backing off to avoid hitting him. Took the bend then saw a spot on the inside and pulled out in 5th and went past, pulled infront and floored it and left about 10-12 cars distance between us. Then came the big roundabout where the A627 joins the M62...I signalled I was going to go back the way I'd come if he wanted to race...he looked really enthusiastic...sorted. Lights went green both went for it again (him behind) I bounced off the limiter in 1st and had made around 1 cars distance...up to 2nd about 5 cars away....traffic lights still on the roundabout...Same again, he didn't gain anything on the bend and 2 stayed glued to the road all the way round. Next set of lights on the roundabout before the return open stretch...sat side by side.

Everyone in his car were all loving the fun, the guy in the back telling me how fast my car was...which is nice. Lights went green...1st 1car, 2nd 3-4cars, 3rd 10-12cars? 4th and 5th a spec in the distance...great fun. I pulled over on the motorway to say hello as he drove past...we sat side by side, his car was stock and he'd just got it...nice car too...front passenger asked me to pull infront, so in 5th we raced and I pulled infront straight away and vanished....great fun.

Then coming back down broadway, a UK 2003 STI sat infront of me at the lights, I nodded...he looked in the rear view and nodded...he set off slowly from the lights then floored it, I pulled up and left him for dead...next set of lights he looked across (not as impressed) and nodded...green lights...bye bye.

First proper bit of fun since I got it back from Rogue and Thor...AVC-R told me I hit 1.58bar at 7431rpm with 100% throttle...nice.
splashnatz

Re: my modded rev1 turbo against 2 different STIs

Post by splashnatz »

not running a CT series turbo then ? c'mon - yer profile tells me nothing about mods ... except a big ole 380 horsepower ...
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

that's wierd...my profile has all the mods on it?

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/profile.ph ... file&u=270

you're right though, it's running the CT67-25G ;)
silver2

Post by silver2 »

:-#

nightspirit......son of night-fighter.......you have done your fatha proud.....

definately thinking about a gts....it looks great in black-with Volks and kit....

good job.....oh and nice spec sheet.....wanna race????

:eye:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Sounds like an awsome race wish i was there ;)
Essex MR2

Post by Essex MR2 »

:lol:

What a mental car. Got any more pics?

Well done on a very impressive spec. Would love to get mine to that kind of spec one day! [-o< :lol:

Top stuff. =D>
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Dude! Can't get a better road than broadway, fresh tarmac and straight roads for Turbo's! Shabosh! Well done for the whoooping

Josh
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

Cheers,

It was great fun, the scooby owner was lovin' every minute of it :)

It's taken me 5 years to get this far (and I had a run in with a superbike the other day...so it's in the garage for a front end clean up :( )...so I'm sure you can get to that spec or beyond if you want to!

I have more pics, but I'll have to post em on my site and then send you a link.
podge1

Post by podge1 »

great race mate well done, nice car too.. :D
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

cheers mate...

According to the Power FC Commander, the speed was only 184kph...so I won it below that which is good. Had a brief go this morning to clock over that figure (thinking it was limited like the speedo..still showing 110) and it did, registered over 203 on a quick squirt. :)
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Spoke to the lads you "met" on Broadway today :)

Came in our works and one pointed at mine asking who's it was, Was chatting with them and got asked if i knew the lad with black one?

Summat clicked and i remembered this post so i said are you the lads who had a race on Broadway, They asked how i knew :) so i showed them this post in the showroom and the passenger was laughing as he was reading through it, More than impressed with the speed of yours is an understatement - One said it sounded like an F1 car when you booted it :D =D>
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
Essex MR2

Post by Essex MR2 »

Would love to have a go in a 2 running that kind of power just to see what it's like!

Put that link to your site up here, or PM it to me. Would like to see more pics!

=D>
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

:mrgreen: cool man...

That was the most fun I've had in the MR2 for a while with another road user. Top bloke in the WRX. Glad they were impressed, I thought they were lol.

And I will be at JAE this year Essex MR2, so if you fancy me taking you out for a spin...come and say hello and maybe we could go for a quick blat on sunday? :D The car is still pretty drivable I think, even round town.
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

Count me in too m8, am looking 4ward to seeing her in the flesh :D
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

nightSpirit wrote::mrgreen: cool man...

That was the most fun I've had in the MR2 for a while with another road user. Top bloke in the WRX. Glad they were impressed, I thought they were lol.

And I will be at JAE this year Essex MR2, so if you fancy me taking you out for a spin...come and say hello and maybe we could go for a quick blat on sunday? :D The car is still pretty drivable I think, even round town.

Mark, you annoy me more & more! not only is your beast runnin, your also goin to JAE ya schlaaaag! ](*,)

must make a time to get that extension cable from ya laddy!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

No worries SIG...

yeah stevo, we need to meet up at some point so I can give you that lead lol
Essex MR2

Post by Essex MR2 »

And I will be at JAE this year Essex MR2, so if you fancy me taking you out for a spin...come and say hello and maybe we could go for a quick blat on sunday?

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

8)

Return to “Driving Experiences”