Congratts to SCOTIA-MR2, Breaks 12 sec 1/4!!!!

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

shahid rashid

Congratts to SCOTIA-MR2, Breaks 12 sec 1/4!!!!

Post by shahid rashid »

WELL DONE AND CONGRATTS FOR getting 11.5sec 1/4 mile time scot, dude keep it up and pump it up, ur car will easly break the 10 sec 1/4.
U just need semi slick if u hav'nt all ready and those 60ft time will come down :mrgreen: WELL DONE =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ .Come on the rest of u dudes, am waiting for u guy's to catch up or pass me. :mrgreen:
Rikki

Re: Congratts to SCOTIA-MR2, Breaks 12 sec 1/4!!!!

Post by Rikki »

Dont worry, from what I hear there will be more than a few 600+bhp MR2's coming over in boats in the next few months ;)

R.
JekylandHyde

Post by JekylandHyde »

Do we trust this post?
Cliff

Trust

Post by Cliff »

:shock: :lol:
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

JekylandHyde wrote:Do we trust this post?

Check http://www.strathycruise.com/phpBB/view ... light=imoc

Half way down the page onwards...

R.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18580

i dont think there has been any reason to doubt the owners claims but as no evidence is available via timeslip or video its a good job he got in before the new rules where imposed
JJ

Post by JJ »

Come on the rest of u dudes, am waiting for u guy's to catch up or pass me.

Right, my hunk of junk will be sporting the track soon as its run in... I'll give ya a run for yer money... all of you !!! :mrgreen:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

quigonjay wrote:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18580

i dont think there has been any reason to doubt the owners claims but as no evidence is available via timeslip or video its a good job he got in before the new rules where imposed

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone saw this run, got video footage of this run, or can provide any way we can verify this run - timeslips etc ... :)
Cliff

10 Sec

Post by Cliff »

JJ wrote:
Come on the rest of u dudes, am waiting for u guy's to catch up or pass me.

Right, my hunk of junk will be sporting the track soon as its run in... I'll give ya a run for yer money... all of you !!! :mrgreen:

Think you need to read the thread "Broken up the Partnership" in the Off topic section buddy.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19122

BTW - Welcome back..
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

BenF wrote:I'd be very interested to hear if anyone saw this run, got video footage of this run, or can provide any way we can verify this run - timeslips etc ... :)

Ben, as you are aware the results from dragstrips are generally available on the internet. Crail do, York do. (But the results from York on Sunday are not yet posted). So all that's needed is a date and a location.....
Cliff

Crail

Post by Cliff »

Edit
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

after reading this thread again and the other related one, i'll be first to say - this 1/4 mile time needs to be removed. It appears that the time given was when the timing gear wasnt working and as the gentleman in question has already indicated he is not that bothered about the time (doing for fun rather than recognition) i think the best thing would be to remove the time from the list
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

quigonjay wrote:after reading this thread again and the other related one, i'll be first to say - this 1/4 mile time needs to be removed. It appears that the time given was when the timing gear wasnt working and as the gentleman in question has already indicated he is not that bothered about the time (doing for fun rather than recognition) i think the best thing would be to remove the time from the list

Please be reassured. I am sure ScotiaMR2 will be asked to prove this time by one of the admin team and if it can't be proved it will be removed. If it can't be proved he will have to attend another event where he can prove the time!

Regards, Tom
JekylandHyde

Post by JekylandHyde »

Glad to hear that.

I think it's great that you all are trying to add a true sense of dignity and honor to your records pages.

The positive side of Xxxx's fiasco is it has compelled us all to push farther in our documentation.

If you check out the official MR2s record page here:
www.mr2records.com
You will note that the requirement for posting drag times has been changed so that a run of 11.49 or faster has more requirements to be posted now.

This is a shame, but we obviously live in a world were people's word has been deminished. *sigh*
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Xxxx rashid wrote:WELL DONE AND CONGRATTS FOR getting 11.5sec 1/4 mile time scot, dude keep it up and pump it up, ur car will easly break the 10 sec 1/4.
U just need semi slick if u hav'nt all ready and those 60ft time will come down :mrgreen: WELL DONE =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ .Come on the rest of u dudes, am waiting for u guy's to catch up or pass me. :mrgreen:

not as good as your 10second run though
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Just to follow up on this - we've talked to Scotia-MR2 and there isn't any verification of the run that we can get - video, timeslip or other IMOC Members who were present.

We've agreed that the time will shortly be removed from the 1/4 mile table, until he gets chance to repeat the run in the next few months and get a timeslip and the other verification we now ask for.
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

Ben, have you seen a dyno print yet?? cos i don't get this torque figure
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php ... ollingroad
Built by YVS Performance
Every car that leaves runs 2 bar+
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Andy,

Nope, that's outstanding too and will also be withdrawn - everyone (including you!) has been contacted who are at the top of the different leadearboards and been asked to put dyno plots or scans of time slips etc up.
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

Maybe change it so it lists wheel and flywheel power differently and doesnt mix them?

Dont know if thats possible tho.

R.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”