Nurburg Ring

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DaveMPB

Nurburg Ring

Post by DaveMPB »

Hey Everyone, glad to see the site up and running looks great! :lol:

A little while ago people were talking about a trip to the Nurgurg Ring new year. What was that outcome of that??
Turbo power baby!!
Dunc

Re: Nurburg Ring

Post by Dunc »

Don't know but it sounds good to me! Keep me posted please! :D Think my mate in Germany will be up for it too!

Cheers,
Dunc
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

There is a thread on MR2 oc which Paul Port has broken down some info. I think as it stood it is a case of setting a date and people getting there, i'm going over the easter weekend with a few other 2's and the like.

The more the merrier :)
Last edited by Dave Couzens on Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

DaveMPB wrote:Hey Everyone, glad to see the site up and running looks great! :lol:

A little while ago people were talking about a trip to the Nurgurg Ring new year. What was that outcome of that??

Its definitely on !

There's a trip that some guys are planning for the Easter Weekend in the new year, but I'm not going to be able to make it that early in the year - and at easter there's a higher chance of Rain/snow.

I've got lots of footage from driving around the Nurburgring - I can drop you a DVD in the post if you email me your address or something.

As for my plans - I'll almost certainly be going this year, I've just got to work out when.

Plan A : May be to do a joint Le Mans then Nurburgring week away,

PLan B : take two weeks off work - spend 9 days chilling out in France somewhere, and then drive home via the Nurburgring spending 3-4 days there.

Either way, you need to check when the Nurburgring is offically open.

Sound interesting ?
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Ben,
Easter is a no-go for me due to family commitments that time of year.
But if you were to arrange a trip, say for May or June I think I could be tempted in the Skyline :D

T
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

BenF wrote:

PLan B : take two weeks off work - spend 9 days chilling out in France somewhere, and then drive home via the Nurburgring spending 3-4 days there.

Sound interesting ?

Ben, I know Mark is trying to get those together that want to do Le Mans though i think we would need to know very soon to get campsite bookings in the circuit. A trip to Le Mans and taking in the Ring as well would be tops I think... I have IM'd Mark to see what he thinks.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

BenF wrote:
DaveMPB wrote:
I've got lots of footage from driving around the Nurburgring - I can drop you a DVD in the post if you email me your address or something.

Couldnt include me could ya? Ill pm you.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

tonigmr2 wrote:Ben,
Easter is a no-go for me due to family commitments that time of year.
But if you were to arrange a trip, say for May or June I think I could be tempted in the Skyline :D

T

Excellent ! That's the time of year I've been before - not too many 'tourists' around, so its not too busy on the circuit - plus if you're there for a weekday or weekday evening the track is quiet, ideal if you're finding your way around. You think there would be any more GT-R owners interested?

At the weekend it does get a busier, but if you get to the track for 8am when it opens, and get laps in then and then relax during the day (when its busy / closed for accidents) and do more in the evening when it quietens down, its fine :)
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

ENSMR2 wrote:
BenF wrote:
DaveMPB wrote:

Couldnt include me could ya? Ill pm you.

No worries. They're just laps I've got with a stealth mounted camera either in the centre console on the Mk2 Turbo, or down in the front radiator ..

They give you a good idea of the layout of the track, but it doesn't give you a good view of the bumps or up/down altitude changes ..
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

Ben - are these the vids that Rog Hole has?
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Lauren wrote:
BenF wrote:

Sound interesting ?

Ben, I know Mark is trying to get those together that want to do Le Mans though i think we would need to know very soon to get campsite bookings in the circuit. A trip to Le Mans and taking in the Ring as well would be tops I think... I have IM'd Mark to see what he thinks

Yeah, I was busy planting baaaad ideas into Marks mind via PM last night :-)

I'm not 100% certain I could make Le Mans, but certainly want to do a trip to the 'ring next year ..
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Dave Couzens wrote:Ben - are these the vids that Rog Hole has?

Nope, these are my own - but Roger and I were on the same trips over there. Ask him about his brakes next time you speak to him ;)

Roger has done more laps than me around the circuit, and can most politely be decribed as 'king quick around the circuit in a MR2 turbo - he's lapping in under 9 minutes - under 10 minutes is certainly very respectably quick.
Stu8

Post by Stu8 »

I'm one of the 2's going in Easter, there's over 25 Toyota's going from the UK.
Also we will be meeting up with the German Toyota's Club and making a big International Meet out of it.

I could also be interseted going later in the year.
I've already "provisional" put my name on the MR2OC list.

I'll keep my eyes peeled to this thread; see what develops out of it.

stu. 8)
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Stu8 wrote:I'm one of the 2's going in Easter, there's over 25 Toyota's going from the UK.
Also we will be meeting up with the German Toyota's Club and making a big International Meet out of it.

I could also be interseted going later in the year.
I've already "provisional" put my name on the MR2OC list.

I'll keep my eyes peeled to this thread; see what develops out of it.

stu. 8)

Stu,

You got a contact for whoever is co-ordinating that Easter trip?
Stu8

Post by Stu8 »

I dont have his email address to hand.
But I could PM him with you email address if that helps
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

BenF wrote:
Dave Couzens wrote:Ben - are these the vids that Rog Hole has?

Nope, these are my own - but Roger and I were on the same trips over there. Ask him about his brakes next time you speak to him ;)

Roger has done more laps than me around the circuit, and can most politely be decribed as 'king quick around the circuit in a MR2 turbo - he's lapping in under 9 minutes - under 10 minutes is certainly very respectably quick.

Yeah - i believe you went out with Chris Griffths in August? - I was meant to be coming along for that one - as I passengered over with Rog at Easter of last year.

I went over with Rog and Co in September which proved to be good. He is getting mch faster each visit! I reckon he was mid to low 8s by the end of the weekend. Loony fast - and as usual he then consumed his brakes! :D
Last edited by Dave Couzens on Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

BenF wrote:

That would be me Ben :wink:

All the Toyota Clubs are meeting up at 10.30am on good friday in the Brunnchen viewing area, UK mag covered btw :D
DoM

Post by DoM »

Hello Chaps, These new forums are ace - so nice in fact that I might start using them!

Hi Dave, I think we met out there in September.. The trip Clarkson was out there?

Ben - I've managed to digitise a copy of the lap we did where you followed me for half a lap, then I (Attempted!!) to follow you for the other half - I can stick this on a CD for you if you like. The quality is a bit bad, as I only managed to capture it at some silly resolution.

Ben what's the name of the digicam you have? It's a pain using a vcr in the boot!

I'm definately interested in a few trips out there this year, Easter sounds good, as does a Le-Mans-Ring combo :lol: - I would be up for both!

Dom
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Ken wrote:
BenF wrote:

That would be me Ben :wink:

All the Toyota Clubs are meeting up at 10.30am on good friday in the Brunnchen viewing area, UK mag covered btw :D

Ken, Nice one :)

If anyone is up for another trip later in the year, there's likely to be one some time end of June early July, dependant on when the 'ring is open this year coming ..
Gefunk

Post by Gefunk »

Very interested to goto this, i know that Jap uk meets maybe organising something to, idea to go at the same time so there are many different types of jap metal.. Anyone that has been there before what insurance company do you use?

Only thing holding me back at the moment is decent brakes and waiting for cams and a fuel computer to be fitted, i am sure this will be done before anything is organised.

Gav

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”