How about a new section or new code for the forum?

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BLOODUK

How about a new section or new code for the forum?

Post by BLOODUK »

Garage's and or companies to avoid!

Ive seen many threads about people with annoyances at other companies
either garage work or bodykits, perhaps we should start to have people listing them?

Id like to place Unit 5 - herne bay on that list!

COMPANY
ADDY
REASON
poyntesm

Re: How about a new section or new code for the forum?

Post by poyntesm »

Blood,

We are going to do it but from a different angle. We will let user ratin garages good or bad and have a review page.

All this data will pull from the garage mod we have...so everytime you buy a mod you rate who installed it
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Yes but it doesnt always go with mods , engine repairs aswell
like what happened to me :|
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

poyntesm wrote:We are going to do it but from a different angle. We will let user ratin garages good or bad and have a review page.

Great idea. The one similar on the old site was superb, and helped me choose a decent garage to get my cambelt done at the time.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by poyntesm »

Nige wrote:[Great idea. The one similar on the old site was superb, and helped me choose a decent garage to get my cambelt done at the time.

It is pretty much done already Nige...so expect it in a day or two..

Plus just to keep everyone update the premium features are nearly ready to go live. We have now had a successfull IMOC <---> PAYPAL test and things are looking go. Just a few more bits to test and then it will be ready.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Just a word of advice, dont treat members differently because one is paying
and one isnt , this is how toyota club members got treated... paying members could swear and abuse others , and get first top hand treatment
how ever they acted [-(
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Gents,

I'd like to put a different spin on this: Basically we're looking at letting you review the garage or business and give your feedback on service recieved there, be it good or otherwise.

If you've had an exceptinally bad experience and post the details here, you must make sure your account is completely factual and you can back everything you state up with evidence, and you have already spoken directly to whoever concerned to let them attempt to recitify the situation.

The Forum rules touch on this, and the issues of Slander and Libel are what we all have to be aware of ..

Ben.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

BenF understandable , ive got a few garages lined up
from experience!
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

BLOODUK wrote:Just a word of advice, dont treat members differently because one is paying
and one isnt , this is how toyota club members got treated... paying members could swear and abuse others , and get first top hand treatment
how ever they acted [-(

Blood,

The plan is to allow all none paying members access to all the features. Only difference with a paying member is they get slightly more plus the knowledge they are helping keeping IMOC ticking over. The garage is a good example. It was code written for IMOC and took months...everyone gets to use it if they pay or not...but those that pay will be allowed to have more vehicles. Which is fair enough. Same story with the album...allowed more photos at a higher resolution.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Im all for that, thanks for replying :)

Return to “Club News and Announcements”