Kent Coast Run

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CosmosblueMR2

Kent Coast Run

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Is there another this year ?

would like to go again as last year was good.. just want to put a date in my diary if it is..

anyone know ? :-k
Mikejc

Re: Kent Coast Run

Post by Mikejc »

I'd like to know the answer to this one too :-k Last years was fantastic, the best MR2 related event of last year infact for me! =D>

Mikejc
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Mikejc wrote:I'd like to know the answer to this one too :-k Last years was fantastic, the best MR2 related event of last year infact for me! =D>

Mikejc

hang on Mike - have i Missed a whole year ?!?... i don't remember you being there last year ?

EDIT- hmmm just looked on MR2OC... think maybe you must have gone on the Beachyhead to Brighton Run ? - the Kent coast run I was on about was driving past some nuclear power station or summin where we stopped and had a meal in a pub...

So are there 2 events then ? - GREAT if there is I'll be on both if possible - just gotta find out who organises these two ! :-k
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Indeed you are right Franky. You have passed my test and earned youreslf two gold stars for being so on the ball! =D> :D

Cough..... :oops:

I'm up for the both of them this year in anycase :D

Mikejc
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Mikejc wrote:Indeed you are right Franky. You have passed my test and earned youreslf two gold stars for being so on the ball! =D> :D

Cough..... :oops:

I'm up for the both of them this year in anycase :D

Mikejc

:D :D so who the hell is organising these two - if my memory serves me right the one i went on last year (we'll call it the nuclear one :D ) was organised by the Mk1 club "i think" :-k
Who organsied your Beachhead to Brighton one Mike ? - c'mon get your thinking cap on ! and take that pointy one off with the D on it Image
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

lol :lol:

I'm pretty sure that it was Pete from the MK1 owners club if memory serves!? I'm poretty sure that when/if their is to be another organized, Pete will let the world of 2 owners know plenty of time in advance.......Pete pull ya finger out and let us all know!? :lol: :wink:

Mikejc
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Mike, are both the Kent Coast Run and the London to Brighton run (was that what you did ??) - available for non-mk1's

I've found the dates and time for BOTH events this year (2005) and good news! they do not clash with the Rolling Road Day I've organsied for 12th June 2005.

Wayhay !

let me know and I'll put up two threads and get some numbers together again - lets make these the best 2 events this year - if i can get 30 people for a Rolling Road event, I think my emailing and persuasivness can provail in similar numbers \:D/
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

I'll dig out the phone numbers of last years organizers and see what I can find out :D Come back to you asap :wink:

Mikejc
Scuba_Turbo

Post by Scuba_Turbo »

Wow! sounds fab!! Lets do it!! June?!?! Lets set a date, ur a good organiser Mike, set a date! ;)
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Scuba_Turbo wrote:Wow! sounds fab!! Lets do it!! June?!?! Lets set a date, ur a good organiser Mike, set a date! ;)

Dates are set my friend.. it's the Mk1 club that organises these two events. It's up to them to decide if other clubs/mk's of 2 are ok to attend.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday June 5th – MR2 Brighton Run
The Brighton classic car run is on 12th and the bike run is on 19th. Therefore the MR2 run will be held the week before on 5th. The run starts at 12.30pm from the Pease Pottage Services located at the southern end of the M23. With the exception of the starting venue, the route will be the same as last year. From Pease Pottage to Beachy Head. Beachy Head to Brighton Marina. Finishing by 4pm.

Sunday August 15th – MR2 Kent Run
The MR2 Kent Run is routed around the Kent countryside. Starting at the Eureka Business Park, Ashford. Located just off J9 M20. The run will take you through the Romney Marshes to Duneness where we will stop for lunch then continue through Rye and Tenterden before heading back to the starting point in Ashford.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Last year Pete did extend the invite across to all Mk's of the MR2. I'm sure it will be the same this year also but will double check :wink:

Mikejc
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

just pointed this post to pete as he was the one that mentioned it to us IMOC'ers last year i believe
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

hello there everybody \:D/ \:D/
well done for all remebering =D> =D>
yep the se area of the mk1 club organize both events
~(thats me steve K and alan)
and yes to both events all mk mr2's are welcome and hope it to be a good turn out and better weather this year for the kent run
and yep them dates are right hopefully should be as good fun
try and get as many as ya can to come along
good to see you all enjoyed it i haev wite up for last uear event is shall find them for ya
see ya all a both of them
and shall reminde everyone closer to the time
might join ya for RR meet and show ya what a real tuned sc can do :twisted:
pistol supercharged pete

last years kent coast run
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/SE150804.html

last years brighton run

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/SE130604.html

and the years before
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/SE170803.html

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/SE220603.html
cosmos the only reason you wanna come is to show off your turbo conversion but i look foward to seeing it
spead the word on mr2oc board etc etc and look forward to see ing you all there

i'll bring my standard-ish turbo alone to remind the modded ones what it started out like :D
pistol supercharged pete

and ill take you out in my aloing some roads i know you had better [-o<

pistol supercharged pete wrote:and ill take you out in my aloing some roads i know you had better [-o<

NO! i don't want any suicide missions in a MK1 thanks pete!

my turbo is as scary as i wanna get :|

a MK1 with stupid power and the crash protection of a motorbike isn't my idea of fun [-X
pistol supercharged pete

wimp

pistol supercharged pete wrote:wimp

O:)
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
Mikejc wrote:I'd like to know the answer to this one too :-k Last years was fantastic, the best MR2 related event of last year infact for me! =D>

Mikejc

hang on Mike - have i Missed a whole year ?!?... i don't remember you being there last year ?

EDIT- hmmm just looked on MR2OC... think maybe you must have gone on the Beachyhead to Brighton Run ? - the Kent coast run I was on about was driving past some nuclear power station or summin where we stopped and had a meal in a pub...

So are there 2 events then ? - GREAT if there is I'll be on both if possible - just gotta find out who organises these two ! :-k

There is a Kent run and Brighton run,they are both great!
Last year we had about 20 cars on the Kent run and not far off 40 on the Brighton run.

The mk1 club are organising it ,as usuall and all mr2 clubs are welcome!

It will be great to meet up with you all again ! 2 days not to miss !!

This year could be even bigger!
Brighton run,probably 19th of June,Kent run will be latter in the year,not certain which date yet but will let you know asap.

These runs are beggining to get bigger and bigger each year,so make sure you are there for some megga fun and chats!!

My dates are wrong so make sure you look at Petes!!!!
Last edited by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve on Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Past Events”