fog lights on an import

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BLZ-8027

fog lights on an import

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Ive been looking for how tos, on fitting front and rear fog lights on an import prefacelift, i cant find anything am i missing something ?

My car has the facelift rear lights ,and a bodykit front bumper ,ive read that the early cars had no wiring for front fogs ,but my import has the switch and fuse for front fogs ,so i assume imports differed from UK in this respect

any pointers anyone ?
alanmr2turbo

Re: fog lights on an import

Post by alanmr2turbo »

Only the FE never had the front fog lights. Imports never had factory fitted rear fog lights.

Front fog light looms have probably been cut off.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Sorry this was meant to be in the MK3 section

could someone move this post please :oops:
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

BLZ-8027 wrote:Sorry this was meant to be in the MK3 section

My fault, i reported it..

Your profile shows a "1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1" so i assumed you posted wrong forum.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
BLZ-8027 wrote:Sorry this was meant to be in the MK3 section

My fault, i reported it..

Your profile shows a "1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1" so i assumed you posted wrong forum.

I sold that on monday ,not got round to updating yet
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Moved it back :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
rbuckingham

Post by rbuckingham »

BLZ-8027 wrote:Ive been looking for how tos, on fitting front and rear fog lights on an import prefacelift, i cant find anything am i missing something ?

My car has the facelift rear lights ,and a bodykit front bumper ,ive read that the early cars had no wiring for front fogs ,but my import has the switch and fuse for front fogs ,so i assume imports differed from UK in this respect

any pointers anyone ?

my uk preface never had front fog wires but if you do have them then stick a volt meter on them and get someone to turn the fogs on if you get power then you only need stick lights on the end. as for rear fog doesn't it require it to be fitted before you can get your hands on the motor? :-s
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

rbuckingham wrote:
BLZ-8027 wrote:Ive been looking for how tos, on fitting front and rear fog lights on an import prefacelift, i cant find anything am i missing something ?

any pointers anyone ?

my uk preface never had front fog wires but if you do have them then stick a volt meter on them and get someone to turn the fogs on if you get power then you only need stick lights on the end. as for rear fog doesn't it require it to be fitted before you can get your hands on the motor? :-s

I dont have any wires anywhere ,but i do have the switch, and the fuse is in place for foglights in the fusebox ,guess the wire has been cut away

Rear fogs are needed on import for the uk and MOT ,so it must have had them before somewhere ,its had facelift rear uk lights fitted ,but with import looms, so the bulb holders sand wiring are all a mis match
rbuckingham

Post by rbuckingham »

Ok then all I can say is you will have to trace the wires from the switch to find out where its going. Can't really help much more than that im afraid without the car being in front of me, unless you fancy a drive down to me I don't mind helping
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

rbuckingham wrote:Ok then all I can say is you will have to trace the wires from the switch to find out where its going. Can't really help much more than that im afraid without the car being in front of me, unless you fancy a drive down to me I don't mind helping

Thanks for the offer ,its not desperate at present but i might take you up on it later ,ive got issues with the roof to look at as well

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”