which induction kit??

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jayng

induction test link

Post by Jayng »

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filter ... index.html

WARNING: Do not click on above link if you are one of those with the HKS and metal mesh filters!

You have been warned :-)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: induction test link

Post by Lauren »

Jayng wrote:http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filter ... index.html

WARNING: Do not click on above link if you are one of those with the HKS and metal mesh filters!

You have been warned :-)

Interesting article.

I feel quite smug now with my £15 K&N cone filter :) I bought this when others were buying the Blitz for around £130.
nutter

Re: which induction kit??

Post by nutter »

The K & N is a wet filter isn't it? I.E it needs oiling? I though this was bad for AFM'S?
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

nutter wrote:The K & N is a wet filter isn't it? I.E it needs oiling? I though this was bad for AFM'S?

You're quite right, but only for AFMs of the hot wire type (eg as seen on VWs, Mitsu Evos, etc). Small amounts of the oil get sucked through over time and eventually kill the AFM.

The AFMs on the Rev1/2 are a flap type, so won't be affected.
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

the TRD looks very much like that apexi they tested!
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

Another thing to consider is surface area. These cone filters have very little surface area when compared to the OEM filter / airbox.

If your not after huge BHP stick to the OEM airbox, unless you want some woosh type noise :)

Muhsin
M5
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

Anyone know much about the TAC intake? i undertsand they're working on a new design.
steve b

Post by steve b »

V8Killer wrote:Another thing to consider is surface area. These cone filters have very little surface area when compared to the OEM filter / airbox.

If your not after huge BHP stick to the OEM airbox, unless you want some woosh type noise :)

Muhsin

Hi Muhsin did you ever use that Piper cross viper you had off me? I'd have ben too scared to put that on my turbo.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

Nope sold it on.
M5
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

nutter wrote:The K & N is a wet filter isn't it? I.E it needs oiling? I though this was bad for AFM'S?

I don't have an AFM on my cars (SC, NA).

But i still don't think that a small amount of oil is going to cause any problems, its not like the filter is dripping with oil when you re-oil it.

Return to “Modifications”